Mod editor

+
Hi Sarcen,

Sorry to bother you. I'm curious about how the editor works to decode the files to see their variables.
I mean they are hex codes, aren't they?

Thank you for the awesome tool, by the way. :like:

Is it possible to recolor meshes simply by changing the variance color and specular color codes of the meshes files as seen inside the Mod Editor by Sarcen ???

cyberpunkforever you get wcc-lite.exe by downloading the official modkit. And it is not that simple to make the game look like the SoD-trailer. If so, it would already been done. Best way to do this is by modding the env-files, you can find them in the environment-section. You could also use the env ui parameter mod found on nexus. Good luck :)

Quantifiable;n9228381 said:
Is that supposed to be a joke?

of course not

i read some descriptions and some files that can be modified, but i don't know exactly,
so i asked the people who know,
maybe there is a file, that we can modify and write some numbers , parameters, values to turn bloom color to purple or to increase ambient occlusion, turn grass green, i don't know,
i saw some lighting mods, that are truly beautiful,

Best thing is to get the env parameter ui and the mod editor and try for yourself. Getting a good lighting mod is really difficult, modding this game is really difficult as well. So as I said, if it would be that easy to get the look from the trailers back, it would already been done. Changing color of bloom and so on shouldn't be the problem. The biggest problem is to find a good balance between the scenes and regions. Adding new values and parameters is pretty difficult too.
But I hope you can achieve something, it's always good to have new modders in this community :)

No Title

Hi, I am having some problem, my game crashes as soon as I equip custom DLC armor with new redcloth. But if I leave reference to default redcloth untouched in w2ent file, armor works with default redcloth see link below... I think there is some thing wrong with way I am editing redcloth files. Could you tell me correct way to edit redcloth file? Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/9XutX

Attachments

• photo165441.jpg
    photo165441.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 104
  • photo165451.jpg
    photo165451.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Guest 3841499

I am with the stupid and I can't figure out how to cook/package files I uncooked from another mod. W3Edit keeps pointing to vanilla game files, in which I have 0 interest. I am simply re-cooking some mods for personal use...

Guest 3841499

I figured it out! This thing is AWESOME. It even fixed a mod for me. There's Witcher Medallion mod with red glowing eyes and when unpacked with Mod Merger it results in an error, but when you uncook it with W3Over and then bundle it with W3Edit there is no more merging error in Mod Merger!

Guest 3841499

Does it matter whether textures are bundled into Texture.Cache file or Bundle files? W3 Edit does not seem to even use Texture.Cache when cooking texture mods.

Guest 3841499

What do you mean? It packs them into bundle files. I am certain of that 100%. I just tested this. These 2 TEXTURE mods have problems when merging - WCC reports file corruption. Its like that for many people.
Witcher Glowing Eyes - https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2234/?
The Wolf Medallion - https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2300/?

I uncooked both of them with W3 Oven, then re-packed them with W3Edit, which did not use Texture.cache file at all, but it did pack them into bundle files. There is now no error in Mod Merger and WCC. I tested them - they work. Texture.cache is not necessary it seems, BUT compression is much worse! I also uncooked UHDP and COMPILATION No Cosmetics Mods, removed all the Texture-Group-Export textures (I think) and left ONLY textures that have both XBM and TGA files- always in pairs and XBM size must not be 1-2KB. I think it worked! I no longer get any corruption and all HD Project Reworked + all COMPILATION + all UHDP textures that remained apply. Vanilla UHDP is less than 2GB and after I removed many files and recooked it with W3Edit, the bundle size was 5-6GB... However, the game runs better! I wonder if maybe compression has a big performance impact.

Yes it works with those two mods, since errors in mod merger are not related to texture files, so you can uncook them with W3oven without loosing textures. But it's cool actually, i never tried that. Even if you can already merge those 2 mods with mod merger, it will works without issue (there is one error about one file, but this file is merge anyway).

But in the case of COMPILATION, HDRP or UHDP, problem is still here. To get TGA files, you need to uncook the mods first with W3Oven, and by doing that you looses bunch of textures for those mods. So the best way is to do nothing, it works flawlessly if u dont merge them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom