remove Cyberware capacity RNG

+
One thing that I really disliked from the 2.0 update are the Cyberware capacity shard.

Now it's not the shards themselves. If those had fixed spawn locations (like all dropped from the Cyberpsycho attacks) I wouldn't mind them to much. But it's really the RNG is just truly and truly hate (that and the bullshittery with scopes/weponmods).

For those who don't know. There is a maximum amount of shards you can get percplaytough. These are:

7Uncommon shards from Base Game, each worth 2 Capacity = 14
7Uncommon shards from Phantom Liberty, each worth 2 Capacity = 14
4Rare shards from Base Game, each worth 3 Capacity = 12
4Rare shards from Phantom Liberty, each worth 3 Capacity = 12
4Epic shards from Base Game, each worth 4 Capacity = 16
2Legendary shards from Base Game, each worth 6 Capacity = 12

14+14+12+12+16+12 = 80.

That means the maximum amount of Cyberware Capacity that you can naturally get from finding all the Cyberware Capacity shards (without exploits) is 80.

This means that with Level 60 (201), Engineer Skill Rewards (15), Renaissance Punk (20), Edgerunner (50), All Cyberware Capacity Shards (80), and Chrome Compressor (42), the maximum Cyberware Capacity possible is 408 Cyberware Capacity.

And the problem with this is that Cyberware is to crucial for it being a RNG mechanic. If you have a build with sniper + Katana + sandy build you already have a lot of Cyberware to use for example. But since 80 Cyberware capacity is tied to RNG there is a chance If RNJezus didn't smile upon you, you have far les Cyberware capacity and might not be able to finish the build. While if you have good RNG you could've complete the build. It's just a shit feeling you can't do something cuz of pure RNG in a game.

On ther other hand it also Hurts players sharing builds and planning your build. We have a really cool build planner from CDPR, but you can only do perks, it would be great if we can also plan our cyberware accordingly. Unfortunately RNG prevents it.

Or imagine you see a really cool build you wanna use. But discover you don't have the appropriate RNG in your playthrough. That's a bummer right there.

So what do I suggest?

1) remove Cyberware shards completely and let players get more capacity per level.

Basically every time you level up you get something like 3 capacity per level. Setting this to 4.3 you will get this 80 capacity naturally (you start the game with 21 capacity)

There is a mod that does exactly that:

2) let every Cyberpsycho drop a shard consistently.

I feel like doing Cyberpsycho's in 2.0 is kinda a waste of time. They are just a funny challenge at best. Why not gI've them and only them Cyberware capacity shards? And make it consistant to the point every player will get all the Cyberware capacity in every playthrough if they grind it.

In return CDPR can make the game a tad more difficult in the later levels. Since everyone will have the same amount of capacity if they work for it, everyone is also a tad bit stronger and honestly level 50+ already feel kinda easy on hardest difficulty. If non-skull enemies did 10% - 20% more damage past level 50 I think the game would feel challenging again.

Thanks for the read, and hopefully we will see this change in 2.1.1 or something.

Ps. If the Devs somehow read this, also give us the regular Rostović Kolac. This weapon has been sitting in the game files since 1.6 while being perfectly viable and functional. Just drop it in 3 stores and maybe a crafting spec somewhere and call it a day.

Last edited:
Hum... I wait to see what kind of changes/fixes CDPR will introduce in the 2.1 update tomorow.
I'm sure (I hope at least), they will introduce some changes to the cyberware system (shards/random bonuses/bugs...).

7Uncommon shards from Base Game, each worth 2 Capacity = 14
7Uncommon shards from Phantom Liberty, each worth 2 Capacity = 14
4Rare shards from Base Game, each worth 3 Capacity = 12
4Rare shards from Phantom Liberty, each worth 3 Capacity = 12
4Epic shards from Base Game, each worth 4 Capacity = 16
2Legendary shards from Base Game, each worth 6 Capacity = 12

lets say, i already get 7 uncommon shards around im lv 10
then start drop Rare shard.
i wont lose other 7 uncommon shard, but i can only get it after i arrive dogtown?

Most likely yeah… and it seems that the drop already counts even if you won’t pick it up. On my last char i used the duping glitch (container exploit on ps5 so no mods) to get a set amount of capacity for my build - best in slot so to speak, meaning I raised cap till the amount my final build needs to have all relevant cyberware using the edgerunner perk. So 492/492.

After entering Dogtown I got several shard drops of all rarities but haven’t pick them up because I wanted to stay at that number. I even got 2 legendary drops at lvl 59 which I also didn’t pick - but than shard drop stopped in further progress. So it seems that already the drop counts uneffected by the fact if you pick them up or not.

the whole system still seems unpolished…

Most likely yeah… and it seems that the drop already counts even if you won’t pick it up. On my last char i used the duping glitch (container exploit on ps5 so no mods) to get a set amount of capacity for my build - best in slot so to speak, meaning I raised cap till the amount my final build needs to have all relevant cyberware using the edgerunner perk. So 492/492.

After entering Dogtown I got several shard drops of all rarities but haven’t pick them up because I wanted to stay at that number. I even got 2 legendary drops at lvl 59 which I also didn’t pick - but than shard drop stopped in further progress. So it seems that already the drop counts uneffected by the fact if you pick them up or not.

the whole system still seems unpolished…
seems i cant get any capacity shard in dogtown, btw, which mods in dogtown will drop capacity shard?

it seems 2.1 just deleted most of the shards in dogtown - someone in here already posted the game code which proofs it - why so ever CDPR decided to do that... or its just another bug lined up with many more of said rushed patch...

edit: here you go https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/cyberware-capacity-shards.11124625/
thank you for your reply, may i ask, all these capacity shard will only drop by some specific NPC or not?
i killed few Cyber Psychos in dogtown by S/L, and get few +2 shard.
as i can see, if there are 7 +2 shard in dogtown, and there are 7 Cyber Psychos, means each of them will drop, right?

But, there are also 4 +3 shard in dogtown, which NPC will drop them?

thank you for your reply, may i ask, all these capacity shard will only drop by some specific NPC or not?
as i can see, if there are 7 +2 shard in dogtown, and there are 7 Cyber Psychos, means each of them will drop, right?

according to @Farbros9 who dig deep into the script there are just 5+1 green shards in PL for now all tied to the cyberjunkies...

It was changed. In 2.1 you get 54 from the base game, means 7 - 4 - 4 - 2 shards and PL only gives you 5 green shards from specific cyberjunkies and 1 shard can be found in the unground garage right in the first quest of PL. That makes 424 or 354 without Chrome Compressor or 350 if you only have 4 stats >=9.

They either forgot to include these 7 - 4 PL shards in the 2.1, which would make perfect 450 capacity, or removed them on purpose to make 424 capacity, mentioned by somebody as an answer from the technical support.

personally i havent paid attantion which enemies dropped them for me but since he analysed the code i would believe him if not proven otherwise ^^

5 specific cyberjunkies out of 11 have these shards. I do not remember, which are these exactly. You will guarantied get all of them if you kill every junkie:
Cyberjunkies_Map_01_CP2077PL.jpg

talking about these junkies... is there any more info about them? it just feels weird listening to their dialogs and the fact that they are highly attracted by V just passing by.... it kinda feels there is more about them than just the first glance... or is it just me wishing for a new mystery in NC... : /

talking about these junkies... is there any more info about them? it just feels weird listening to their dialogs and the fact that they are highly attracted by V just passing by.... it kinda feels there is more about them than just the first glance... or is it just me wishing for a new mystery in NC... : /
I have no idea. As far as I understand, they are just drug addicted, which would explain their behavior.

My problem with them are these:
  1. The patch notes specifically says they should drop correctly. Why? Probably because CDPR knows they aren't dropping correctly for saves upgraded to 2.1. They're only dropping correctly for fresh saves created at 2.1;
  2. The fact CDPR are repeating the same fucking mistake they made with the level-specific areas prior to 2.0 with the cyberware capacity shards: just as you could never experience most of the content at full build at an appropriate challenge prior to 2.0, now you can't experience most of the content at full build again because it's so difficult to reach max capacity. I've played 4-5 characters at varying levels of completion (some rushed to the ending, others playing all Side Jobs, Gigs and Scanner Hustles) since 2.0 dropped and not one of them had full capacity.

according to @Farbros9 who dig deep into the script there are just 5+1 green shards in PL for now all tied to the cyberjunkies...

personally i havent paid attantion which enemies dropped them for me but since he analysed the code i would believe him if not proven otherwise ^^
i really dont wanna use any bug like put corpse in a trash can or car trunk to get capacity, the game is already so brain dead easy.
but, there still bugs everywhere.
idk what to say, i love this game, but all CDPR game combat is like a shxxxxt
no speaking these metaphysics shard drop....

So none of your chars reached 350 or 354 capacity along the way to lvl 60?
Nah, most got halfway... Still enough to get a build going and finish the game on Very Hard. But I never got fully kitted out with contraband cyberware. Got to full Armor a couple of times, but that seems to be calculated differenty.

sadly, 338 is my highest char
In order to reach 354 you need to have 9 in every attribute (otherwise you will get only 350 max), get 15 from tech skills, get 50 from edgerunner, get every random shard, kill all 11 cyberjunkies and get a shard which spawns in the underground garage during the first quest of PL.

Top Bottom