remove Cyberware capacity RNG

+
I'm continuing my save file from launch and already beaten those CyberPsychos, so I am screwed from getting Cybershards legitly. I'm now attempting to do the duplication glitch to make up for the loss of expansions. I wish I can just buy the Cybershards with Eddies or have constant cyberpsychos to defeat.
cyberpsychos =/= cyber-junkies. cyber-junkies which drop the shards are Dogtown npcs. out of dogtown the shard-drops are not bound to a specific typ of enemies - they are just random drops. in a nutshell basegame drops=random enemies, PL drops=cyberjunkies ^^

Yeah, easy to miss the cyber-junkies. Many of them are tucked away in little corners of dogtown. I'd gotten the one on top in that globe and the "Blade" guy, but missed the rest of the shard-carriers. Now I am up to 348 capacity at level 60, which if my math is right is just two point shy of maximum. 201 for level 60 + 50 for Edgerunner + 15 for Engineer + 16 for Renn Punk perk leaves 66 out of 68 potential shard points to make up 348 total.

I likely missed looting a green shard somewhere. I've been 60 for a while and zeroed hundreds of enemies since. I doubt the random drops are happening anymore for me. Not that 2 points is a huge deal but it could have been worse and cyberware capacity is too important. They should do what the PC mod does and just get rid of the shards. Add that capacity automatically as you level so nobody has to worry about forgetting to loot some rando enemy.

I likely missed looting a green shard somewhere.
@Farbros9 said that one is lootable in the garage at the beginning of PL... most probably that one?
Tho im curious why that one shard is treaten "special" and easy to miss that way... :(

Cyberpunk 2077\tools\redmod\tweaks\ep1\gameplay\static_data\database\loot\ep1_quest_loot.tweak and inside you can find:

q301_cwshard_parking : LootTable <---------------------------------- UNDEGROUND PARKING QUEST
{
fk< LootItem >[] lootItems =
[
{
playerPrereqID = "LootPrereqs.PlayerLevel_Tier_1_to_4_Exclusion_Prereq";
itemID = "Items.CWCapacityPermaReward_2_Rare"; <-------------------------------- BLUE IF BELOW LVL 17 (it is actually 17 and not 25)
} : LootItem,
{
playerPrereqID = "LootPrereqs.PlayerLevel_Tier_4_Start_Prereq";
itemID = "Items.CWCapacityPermaReward_2_Epic"; <--------------------------------- PURPLE IF ABOVE LVL 17
} : LootItem
];
}

source: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/cyberware-capacity-shards.11124625/

Last edited:
Yeah, easy to miss the cyber-junkies. Many of them are tucked away in little corners of dogtown. I'd gotten the one on top in that globe and the "Blade" guy, but missed the rest of the shard-carriers. Now I am up to 348 capacity at level 60, which if my math is right is just two point shy of maximum. 201 for level 60 + 50 for Edgerunner + 15 for Engineer + 16 for Renn Punk perk leaves 66 out of 68 potential shard points to make up 348 total.

I likely missed looting a green shard somewhere. I've been 60 for a while and zeroed hundreds of enemies since. I doubt the random drops are happening anymore for me. Not that 2 points is a huge deal but it could have been worse and cyberware capacity is too important. They should do what the PC mod does and just get rid of the shards. Add that capacity automatically as you level so nobody has to worry about forgetting to loot some rando enemy.
Here is the complete post I made about capacity in 2.1 https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/18ro15y
If you started in 2.0 you could have looted a few shards which were available in PL back then, but were removed in 2.1. I would look for some Cyber-Junkies, you might have missed, if you are sure that you looted all the shards. Here is the map with 5 junkies who spawn it:
3vednp0zhq8c1.jpg

fabros said that one is lootable in the garage at the beginning of PL... most probably that one?
Tho im curious why that one shard is treaten "special" and easy to miss that way... :(
No, garage only spawns blue or epic, which is 3 or 4.

• RED Point
Reactions: Zem
Here is the complete post I made about capacity in 2.1 https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/18ro15y
If you started in 2.0 you could have looted a few shards which were available in PL back then, but were removed in 2.1. I would look for some Cyber-Junkies, you might have missed, if you are sure that you looted all the shards.
oh okay i see - thx for the reddit link :)
Post automatically merged:

No, garage only spawns blue or epic, which is 3 or 4.
hmm but how can it be exact 350 if this one is variable in rarity?... if you get the higher one, another is just forced to be lower?...

oh okay i see - thx for the reddit link :)
Post automatically merged:

hmm but how can it be exact 350 if this one is variable in rarity?... if you get the higher one, another is just forced to be lower?...
Then it would be 349. 424 is absolute max, but you get -70 for OS and -4 for 1 attribute not having +9, and possibly -1 from that shard, which results in 349/350.

In fact, I used this excellent post of yours to get up to 348 capacity yesterday, thanks! Picked up 3 shards. I'd already gottten #1 and #4 from your list previously since they are more obvious. I also scoured the garage pretty thoroughly back when I started PL. I didn't make a note of which shard I got but it must have been the purple or I'd have an odd total right now. I was somewhere 40-50 at the time.

I can only assume I missed looting a green from the RNG drops. Next time I will probably use the RNG remover mod for this unless they somehow address it better in the 2.1.1 patch.

In fact, I used this excellent post of yours to get up to 348 capacity yesterday, thanks! Picked up 3 shards. I'd already gottten #1 and #4 from your list previously since they are more obvious. I also scoured the garage pretty thoroughly back when I started PL. I didn't make a note of which shard I got but it must have been the purple or I'd have an odd total right now. I was somewhere 40-50 at the time.

I can only assume I missed looting a green from the RNG drops. Next time I will probably use the RNG remover mod for this unless they somehow address it better in the 2.1.1 patch.
If you are using mods you can always add missing green shard with
Game.AddToInventory("Items.CWCapacityPermaReward_Uncommon", 1)

• RED Point
Reactions: Zem
It's sad that Cyberpunk the video game sidesteps all of the deeper questions about cyberware and just makes it a video game upgrade system. Probably discussed to death already.

Top Bottom