[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
LukeSparowWalteriusMaximus linaswas_001larsroar41t4 shafat777 sober999 @JaeSwan I am fixing region by region, i have not touch WO env or csv, so i think maybe it is something on your end because sun worked before. But i cant know for shure because i newer tested WO. Point of this new release is to test weather effects in Novigrad and in Velen. Ps. I figure out how to add specific effects for swamps only apart from those in Novigrad and Velen and i think of adding some fog from BAW but no promises, do you think any other effect will bee fiting for location :) I never played BAW but i heard there was some bats flying around, maybe i can add them ?

Mishikedman
I'm not sure is BaW has bats flying around but that might be an interesting addition to either Velen of White Orchard or perhaps both of them. Wouldn't add it to Skellige or Kaer Morhen as the air there is probably too cold for them to thrive.

Care also needs to be taken not to make the scene too busy with all of these effects!

I'll see if I can get in a playsession today to try it out!

Oh, and what exactly is wrong with the roads? I haven't seen any problems I don't think.

No Title

LukeSparow Roads dont have problem but it is just my personal preference that Velen is not Mediterranean and to me Velen is more Scandinavia and this color of road is more fitting. What do you think I or II ?

Attachments

• photo121780.jpg
    photo121780.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Mishikedman
To be honest It doesn't really make a difference to me.
I get your reasoning though. All up to you man :)
Shouldn't we first focus on getting a stable version without the Cloud, Torchlight and water issues though?

I believe clouds and water have already been completely fixed, but the torch-light was still oversaturated right?
But hey it's all up to you dude, just making suggestions! If you want that road lighter I'd say go for it. Think that'll look really good too.

LukeSparow
have you tried new version of mod ? And yes roads are low on priority. For csv part i am left to redoo bad stormy weather, and to fine tune other ones, but i am waiting on input from all LukeSparow WalteriusMaximus linaswas_001 larsroar41t4 shafat777 sober999 of you. After i am done with csv, i plan to do env file for novigrad velen and swamps, finally fix Novigrad moon he is only one left to resize, and tweak sun, bloom, ligh shafts for Novigrad, Velen and swamps and to add sun in swamp.

When i finis this regions i will move on roads but that version will be optional. After all of this i am moving on Skellige. [h=3][/h]

Mishikedman You are making very good progress! Novigrad looks amazing, but I really dislike that pollen effect.
Also, the grass in Velen when the sun shines on it, looks a little over saturated. A little too green, but apart from that the lighting looks incredible. But again, the pollen spoils it for me. If there was a different texture that could be used, much smaller and darker so it does not reflect so much light, then perhaps it would look more natural. But pollen flying around Novigrad and Velen is unnatural.

About the roads, if there is a way to make them less yellow and more of a dusty brown, that would be great. I like the second picture.

Overall, I would imagine Velen to look the best with a very similar tone as White Orchard has in your current version you shared.

You're doing an incredible job!

WalteriusMaximus dont be mistaken, this is eddit based on turbolighting mod, i am just fixing some things. All beautifull colors in ENV files are essenthy work. Can you send me picture of road that will fit good with Novigrad and Velen region?

I will make other version with pollens off, or if i menage i will try to make texture smaller,but that is very low on priority list...
What do you think about other effects ? Is thunder effect fiting for bad weather without rain, i can maybe tone it down?
Are weather timings ok now, i give priority to nice weather, i can increase it even more.

And to answer you, yes I can desturate grass, but again can you send me pic. with adequate color of grass?

Mishikedman;n8178820 said:
WalteriusMaximus dont be mistaken, this is eddit based on turbolighting mod, i am just fixing some things. All beautifull colors in ENV files are essenthy work. Can you send me picture of road that will fit good with Novigrad and Velen region?

I will make other version with pollens off, or if i menage i will try to make texture smaller,but that is very low on priority list...
What do you think about other effects ? Is thunder effect fiting for bad weather without rain, i can maybe tone it down?
Are weather timings ok now, i give priority to nice weather, i can increase it even more.

And to answer you, yes I can desturate grass, but again can you send me pic. with adequate color of grass?

Mishikedman I am fully aware of what kind of changes you are making and the work Essenthy did. I am giving you credit because no one has ever fixed so many problems with STLM in such a short time as you are doing. And many of these problem were "not fixable" according to Essenthy when I mentioned them. And you fix them like it is nothing!

I have not had a lot of time to test your latest version but I will do this tonight. Just from the little time I spent I immediately did not like the pollen but I can't yet comment on the weather frequency or the other effects.

I don't know how much control you have over the color of roads, but Velen is supposed to have mostly black soil, which means the roads should be much less yellow and less bright. Something like this, if it is possible: https://cdn.shutterstock.com/shutter...69/thumb/1.jpg or at least a bit closer to it rather than yellow beach sand.

Last edited:
It is very much posible :) Not hard to implement just pick collor http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm and use codes like
(128,128,128) in env for Novigrad.I will see what results i can achieve ;)
Input from all of you means alot to me because estetic is not mine strong side, i frequently bother my wife because she is artist and estetics are her domain, she had similar thoughts like the rest of you on what to fix. But i dont like to bother her with games in general, to her i am 26yr who needs to grove up, but f**k it i dont want too :D

Gaming and Witcher is the only thing I'm not giving up :)

Rayne.607 In Novigrad and Velen, focus on clouds, weather types and check if added effects, are ok with weather type. I dont know if you are familiar with original stlm, vanilla lighting and weather of the game. Vanilla and Stml 3.1 have very frequent changes in weather, with priority on bad weather i changed this and i have given priority to nice and clear weather, bad weather will happen but not as frequently like before. ATM there are three types of weather read about it on page 41. Test clouds are they ok and nice looking, i dont know if you know but there is a problem with some ugly texture related clouds, do you prefer new ones over vanila and stlm 3.1 ? Express freely your suggestion;)

Last edited:
linaswas_001 it looks really nice, and from picture i think i see some BAW effects in work. When experimenting with them i achieved similar clouds but thay ware very bugged, i hope he found a way to make them work :) I am kinda cyrus what he changed in csv and how stabile his tweaks are.

WalteriusMaximus;n8178570 said:
Mishikedman You are making very good progress! Novigrad looks amazing, but I really dislike that pollen effect.
Also, the grass in Velen when the sun shines on it, looks a little over saturated. A little too green, but apart from that the lighting looks incredible. But again, the pollen spoils it for me. If there was a different texture that could be used, much smaller and darker so it does not reflect so much light, then perhaps it would look more natural. But pollen flying around Novigrad and Velen is unnatural.

About the roads, if there is a way to make them less yellow and more of a dusty brown, that would be great. I like the second picture.

Overall, I would imagine Velen to look the best with a very similar tone as White Orchard has in your current version you shared.

You're doing an incredible job!

agreed

Mishikedman first of pollens mod, i do not think the pollens fit during day time, but what i like about the pollens mod is what it does during storms http://imgur.com/gallery/v8mFs , the fallen leaves enhances the look and feel of bad weathers and i feel like its here to stay. but, i dont like the dust effect.

bad wheather and storms. i like where you are taking this mod whit the weather system. but i feel like storms should at least happen once every second-third day. i also think we shouldn't completely remove rain from the storms and try to balance it out, if possible.

swamps, i know swamps is not your first priority right now, but i got a little hint how to fix the weird sunrise(starts at 3 am) http://imgur.com/gallery/jN7PY , if you use "stoprain" or "changeweather(WT_Clear)" it wll result in this http://imgur.com/gallery/oSe9n , fixed in my opinion;)

ok lets talk about Velen. as you know i dont like Velen. the oversaturated grass (terrain in general) and the bad lighting reflection on trees are some of my biggest problems whit the lighting in Velen. i think WalteriusMaximus has a good point her. making Velen tone feel and look more like White Orchard would be a good thing in many ways. first of Velen is very similar to White Ochard in many ways vegetation, terrain, buildings and many other aspects. where Velen differs from White Orchard is the more war-torn feel and look of it. i made some pics comparing the lighting between the two on certain objects. grass pic.twitter.com/j7shX7xieo , bigg trees and trees http://imgur.com/gallery/QeRyM , roads pic.twitter.com/9SbocunNya . in my opinon Velen would greatly benefit by using a more white orchard lighting style/tone, it would fix most of its biggest problems. and last of, something like this is what is Velen for me pic.twitter.com/ZLQ6SRGDdY pic.twitter.com/V8hWdnRokW

Last edited:
larsroar41t4 I never talk about completely removing rain, i alredy said i will add it with WT_Rain_Storm (bad stormy weather with rain) atm it is turn off i need to tweak and i will enable it in next update tonight. What you saw is cloudy weather with some thunder but without rain, like in nature it can pass or when enabled it can be succeed with WT_Rain_Storm clouds will then go dark and rain and all other fx will activate with even more intesive wind... I have idea to resize pollen effect than it will look more in line :) but i will made separate version off mod with and without pollen, with and without new roods, and combination. I plan to have something for everyone, it is not hard and i dont see reson why would not everyone be happy :D Do you like clouds ?

Last edited:
Mishikedman;n8180320 said:
larsroar41t4 I never talk about completely removing rain, i alredy said i will add it with WT_Rain_Storm (bad stormy weather with rain) atm it is turn off i need to tweak and i will enable it in next update tonight. What you saw is cloudy weather with some thunder but without rain, like in nature it can pass or when enabled it can be succeed with WT_Rain_Storm clouds will then go dark and rain and all other fx will activate with even more intesive wind... I have idea to resize pollen effect than it will look more in line :) but i will made separate version off mod with and without pollen, with and without new roods, and combination. I plan to have something for everyone, it is not hard and i dont see reson why would not everyone be happy :D Do you like clouds ?

Do your thing man, you're definitely on the right track with the weather changes!

Top Bottom