[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
larsroar41t4;n8245610 said:
me personally i would like to see a litte bit more vibrant green color on trees something between your test pics( http://imgur.com/gallery/FbQCL )a bit while ago and your current update, but that is just me. great job man, i will get some sleep now :)

I know it's down to preference but Velen isn't supposed to be a vibrant green environment.

Oh wow, so many exciting changes! Can't wait to test!
And yeah, Velen isn"t really supposed to be vibrantly green. The area has extremely barren soil, unlike WO (there is a famine for a reason), and this translates to a lot of brown and very dark green vegetation. That should not change IMO to keep the themes and tone of the area intact.

Amazing that Geralts face is now proper white!
Can't wait to try :)

LukeSparow;n8247480 said:
Oh wow, so many exciting changes! Can't wait to test!
And yeah, Velen isn"t really supposed to be vibrantly green. The area has extremely barren soil, unlike WO (there is a famine for a reason), and this translates to a lot of brown and very dark green vegetation. That should not change IMO to keep the themes and tone of the area intact.

Amazing that Geralts face is now proper white!
Can't wait to try :)

LukeSparow Death132 yea that would be perfect brown and dark green, aggressive version is in a veary nice place right now and fixes most to all problems that was present in stlm original like saturated orange grass, roads, lighting reflection on trees, bad lighting on geralts face. a bigg thanks to Mishikedman for a amazing job
here is some awesome pics if you haven't tried yet pic.twitter.com/ORc0pNxHos i think the dawn pic is very much what velen is to me

Last edited:
larsroar41t4;n8249440 said:
LukeSparow Death132 yea that would be perfect brown and dark green, aggressive version is in a veary nice place right now and fixes most to all problems that was present in stlm original like saturated orange grass, roads, lighting reflection on trees, bad lighting on geralts face. a bigg thanks to Mishikedman for a amazing job
here is some awesome pics if you haven't tried yet pic.twitter.com/ORc0pNxHos

Agreed! I only had a minute to quickly look at this before work this morning, but it looks fantastic! Going to give this a proper testing tonight....

Roooooocky
Looking at the picture, it seems like that is an issue with overexposure caused by that particular cloud layer.
Mod definitely needs finetuning but it's looking better every day :)

It's really great to see so many people test and report!

Yeah, 3.5 looking good, i wish Mishikedman went by his own way apart of essenthy work. STLM like a young child and he need to grow up i thiink :) An d my English is terrible, sorry for this.

WalteriusMaximus;n8250620 said:
That is exactly what Mishikedman is doing; he is helping STLM grow up into what it should be.

It is already what it should be. All of this is just endless nitpicking leading to pretty much 100 different version of mod because everyone has different tastes. It's great that someone decided to fix the things such as clouds, torch or Skellige bloom (which is already fixed by Essenthy btw) but this is going way off. If you have different taste, than make your own lighting mod.

linaswas_001;n8251130 said:
It is already what it should be. All of this is just endless nitpicking leading to pretty much 100 different version of mod because everyone has different tastes. It's great that someone decided to fix the things such as clouds, torch or Skellige bloom (which is already fixed by Essenthy btw) but this is going way off. If you have different taste, than make your own lighting mod.

who is this comment aimed at

linaswas_001;n8251130 said:

What are you so sour about??? Mishikedman is fixing a host of PROBLEMS with STLM you are apparently blind to.
If you don't like it, you can keep using the vanilla STLM. No one is forcing you to use the fixed version.

And let's also be very clear about Essenthy's mod - he has NOT fixed anything. The mod page is still showing version 3.1.1 which is the version that is being fixed here by Mishikedman. You are offended because you think it is undermining Essenthy's work. The truth is that Essenthy does not want anyone's help because of his own personal pride, so people are taking initiative themselves. It is promoting STLM, mate!

When did it become such a taboo thing to fix and improve mods? It is general practice.

If we are trespassing on your "turf" (which is the impression I am getting) just say so!

Last edited:
WalteriusMaximus;n8251420 said:
What are you so sour about??? Mishikedman is fixing a host of PROBLEMS with STLM you are apparently blind to. If you don't like it, you can keep using the vanilla STLM. No one is forcing you to use the fixed version. And let's also be very clear about Essenthy's mod - he has NOT fixed anything. The mod page is still showing version 3.1.1 which is the version that is being fixed here by Mishikedman. You are offended because you think it is undermining Essenthy's work. The truth is that Essenthy does not want anyone's help because of his own personal pride, so people are taking initiative themselves. It is promoting STLM, mate! When did it become such a taboo thing to fix and improve mods? It is general practice. If we are trespassing on your "turf" (which is the impression I am getting) just say so!

:D
Here, he fixed it but k https://twitter.com/Essenthy/status/846368517071015936
And I'm not offended at all? Why would I be, in the first place where did you get this information from? Just saying if you want to making such major changes to this mod why not completely make your own?

And I said I'm thankful for what Mishikedman done, of course.

You seem to fanboying everyone who edit STLM outside of it's creator. For example Mr. Shirataki from youtube who gone full Lexars and you was defending him till the end. I don't in anyway say you should fanboy Essenthy, that's weird in first place but you maybe could show some respect at least, if you are using his mod.

Don't be mad.

Last edited:
linaswas_001 It is not just thet, you forgot fix for bad and all weather cycles, ugly clouds, character lighting in bad weather (turn off light projector on Geralt), fix for torch, bloom, lense flare, oversaturated Velen, added many optimized fx for all kind of different weather and that is all one version (point of versions before all other recent one is bug testing). Also i plan to fix in tonight update, fix for strange light beam caused by torch in certain camera angle, fix for colors in Dandelion brothel, and finally to rework all weathers in Velen, Novigrad and White Orchard. Also in parts i plan to fix one part of Skillage but that depends on time i have today for this update. Also one more thing my respect for essenthy and his work can't be expressed in simple words. Because i see how much work he had to do to make this beautiful piece of art. essenthy SUPER TURBO LIGHTING MOD is main version and this is, this is just eddit of that mod, optional eddit and it will have 3 version not 100.
I. Present one with aggressive light for Velen,
II. Without Moon light shafts.
III. Velen with similar flora too one in White Orchard

Nice job for Velen.

If u find a way to separate csv file for Novigrad and Velen or Swamp you're my hero, i tried hours to do that without sucess. Velen is a subzone to Novigrad, so i cant find a way to attribute another csv file. You can switch/change for Novigrad, WO or Skellige, but not for subzone.

Also i am not intrested in any kind of credit for this work, i am just some fellow who likes to share good things with people. In my mind there is nothing wrong with that. I will stop posting updates only if essenthy wants me to stop, i will respect that. Because i respect him very, very much.But i tag him a lot of times on this thread and so far he wasn't complaining on anything and i believe he visit forum from time to time.

Last edited:
XshI0u I made some progress on this but it is still early to talk, but i believe i will have something in few days.Also i think i will have one of the RED's on this but we will se if he can help :) I hope he can

Top Bottom