Enhanced Edition - First Reviews

+
Most reviewers like the usual turd pies they're served, because they've been served them for so long. When CDPR offers them tenderloin with a fiery red wine, it seems a strange and frightening thing. Our palettes are superior sons and daughters of Kaer Morhen, this is truth.

In fact its gotten so bad that most reviewers suffers from copious amounts of verbal diarrhea, a cruel and hideous afflcition that comes from having their lips too tightly pressed to certains developers buttocks for too long.

Here Kevin Van Ord, editor at Gamespot, presents a "Now playing" the Witcher Xbox version...
He kind of loved the PC version, as I recall...

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_the_witcher_220120413&tag=Topslot;NowPlayingTheWitcher2;NowPlayingTheWitcher;WatchItNow

Lolz... They are not censoring the game... at all. :p Which is funny coming from Gamestop and their PG-13 regulations all over.

Wut you are right.

When I look back on what I wrote it was well impulsive. The presence of hype is so obvious these days, that numbers are just not objective anymore (which is sad, because they have certain power like awards - they give sense of acomplishment), but the objectivity isn´t often appearing even in the text of the review...well to be honest when I think about I can recall only one game that I bought based on reading a review (review that was clearly different from the ones that we talk about it - it was on one now long lost slovak blog, and it was a review of a fan) and it was long before I learned English, found out what is "hype" and even knew anything about game industry. I think that speaks for itself. Anyway the game I bought was Battle for the Middle Earth, and since I was a big big LOTR fan it was dream come true :). (Nostalgy...I love games, but the feeling that I had back when I was younger just disappeared. Back then it was about the adventure, discovery and chill tha ran down my spine :).)

I hate when people bitch about scores, while haven't even played the game. Especially those butthurt Xbox fanboys who are somehow angry that their newest 'exclusive' received less than nine on IGN, bla bla..

n4meless1 said:
I hate when people bitch about scores, while haven't even played the game. Especially those butthurt Xbox fanboys who are somehow angry that their newest 'exclusive' received less than nine on IGN, bla bla..

And why is it that you hate them? And why do you correlate this to fanboyism? I don't even own an XBOX but I am "butthurt" because I know the game's story, so I know what this game is worth.

I do not hate *them* but their irrational behaviour. And you cannot judge the game solely on familiarity with the story; I quite liked the story in Bioshock, but hated some design elements, dumbing down from System Shock 2.. and now, from this perspective, I could tell you that I think that the game is criminally overrated, and not deserving of those scores..

What I have meant is I have played this game already. On PC, sure, but it's still the same game. I cannot imagine it being different to such an extent that it wouldn't be a one of a kind gem for story driven mature (can't stress it enough!) game lovers. And from what we've heard so far it's not buggy or sth :) I want it to have the best scores on XBOX because this is the kind of game I want to play. This is the kind of game I want to see developed. I want a game when people curse (because that's what they do in real life), where people have sex (because that's what they do in real life). I want a game, that has difficult choices that matter.

TW2 is far from perfect, but it's a 10/10 for me. It's just the best there is and nothing closely compares to it (oh well, TW1 did, I preferred the much more Slavic, "rural" and ribald setting and more misogynistic world since it felt more natural in this setting).

Well this "butthurt" 360 owner could care less what Ign, gamespot, etc.. rate this game cause I know I will like it and the only opinion that really matters is my own. IGN gives it less than a 9? Who cares, it's just an opinion in the end anyways

Well, you're not 'butthurt' then, and shouldn't feel called out..

If you go to IGN and read some comments, and you shouldn't do that, you'll know what I meant..

PS. Why do I always have to explain myself here on everything I wrote, no matter how simple it is to understand?!

Nahh, it's all good :) Wasn't wanting to look like I'm starting some war, just stickin up for my system was all. And I wouldn't go to IGN to read, review, etc.. cause they are so on the side of bias it's a wonder their lips aren't chapped by now

DmitrySheiko said:
How can I order English version for XBOX from Germany? Since I live in Germany the only option on Amazon and GameStop is German language version. Yet, can I order English one?
Dunno if already answered (didn't see anything) BUT I got my copy today (Switzerland, USK Siegel und so) and they did include the English Audio on the disk. So unless we got a special edition (which I doubt) you can just get one from gamestop/amazon.

I just finished writing my "review" of the game for the shop I got it from (user ratings hehe), 10 hrs into the game. Love it so far, imo the best game that came out this year for the xbox, graphics and ofc story wise (knowing where the story is going :)). Well worth the wait.

Will it be necessary to start a new game with the enhanced edition? I'm just starting chapter 3....don't wanna have to do it all over again...

Nicely written: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343694/reviews/witcher-2-xbox-360-review-darker-than-skyrim-sexier-than-mass-effect-better-than-both-review/?page=1

Aver

Forum veteran
methinks said:
Saying that, say, Skyrim has better longevity is absurd. Go buying herbs from one vendor, make potions and sell it to another. PErfectly valid Skyrim quest! You could play TW2 with such quests forever!

If you count real content in all the other RPGs it's not much more. They might have much more combat (but TW2 isn't a hack'n'slash), more repetitive quests, but when it boils down to real content TW2 simply wins.

I can't say anything about Skyrim's longevity because I didn't play it and I don't have plans to do so - I won't make the same mistake for a 4th time ;) (I bought Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV). I don't like exploration based games even tho I like when there are some open areas and exploration in the game.

So I would agree with you that Skyrimish games don't have better longevity, but still, Witcher 2 is not 10/10 or 9/10 longevity material for me. If you want examples then Witcher 1 was 9/10 for me if we are talking about longevity. It's hard for me to think about any 10/10. It could be Torment but later parts of the game are empty. Maybe Fallout 2. But I can't think about any newer game that would has amazingly satisfying longevity for me. Probably because production costs are much bigger nowadays.

I'm saying that as big fan of TW2. It's my second favorite RPG of all time.

n4meless1 said:

Please stop with the PC elitist attitude . As i see it the Xbox is here whether you like it or not and you have two options . Either accept it and move on or leave . Your choice .

No offense but after Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2, paid reviewers mean nothing to me, hence why I applied and will be reviewing the game.

To all the fellow "Witchers-of-the-World" waiting for the official Xbox 360 release, if you were one of the thousands (dare say, millions) who entered to be a potential reviewer of the game, be checking your emails for an answer from the amigos @ CDProjektRed!

What CDPR has done to revitalize and frankly set a new standard for the RPG genre for all gamers is nothing short of techno-god-like-ish (as it sounds more impressive the more you drag the pseudo word out!). So congrats to all the 1000 who will get a chance to review the game! Don't leave the rest of followers of the white wolf hangin'! Express your likes and dislikes with the best e-gasims you can type!

Oh, on a side note, if anyone already got their CDPR email, did you have to scroll over the middle text to "reveal" what it said? Did it appear blank? Inquiring gamers wish to know!

"Abso-f**ckin-lutely brillant" - Geralt of Rivia; The Witcher (prison scene)

Tommy said:
Please stop with the PC elitist attitude . As i see it the Xbox is here whether you like it or not and you have two options . Either accept it and move on or leave . Your choice .

Oh no! It is possible that even gamers segregate themselves into sub-cultures and attack each other over different views concerning the EXACT SAME SOURCE MATERIAL? who in the hairy nutsnacks does that?

Holy F***kin' hell now we have "Gameist"... you gameist bastards! We are all gamers, so drink up! hunt some monsters! Sleep with some wenches, a sorceress or two, and maybe even dip into a wood nymph and vampire if you are able!

But lets not start a gameist divide! We do not need any gamer hate groups forming like the New version Black Gamers 1.1 or the Gamers Glux Glan.... Get along! Just get along!

"Abso-f***kin'-lutely brillant" - Geralt of Rivia

Really do not care what critics say that much rather here it from people that played the game so if any one here tell me if its really that good cause everone keeps trying to get me to buy it so it would be helpful If sokeone would clarify for me. Thanks

Top Bottom