Enhanced Edition - First Reviews

+
Thank you very much for your exceptionnal work on Witcher 1 & Witcher 2 they're in my top 10 favorite games,you're a really great studio which respect the community. I think Andrzej Sapkowski could thank you, i bought all The Witcher books after playing the games, it's a fantastic universe that you retranscribe perfectly.

An enchanted gamer

lacquon said:
Really do not care what critics say that much rather here it from people that played the game so if any one here tell me if its really that good cause everone keeps trying to get me to buy it so it would be helpful If sokeone would clarify for me. Thanks

As a Witcher fan I will obviously say BUY IT, but the choice is yours, go to N4G and check for reviews but not by game critics but by small blogers and such, I found their reviews to be honest and nice to read.

You might love the game and you might no, but it's definitely worth a try.

Tommy said:
Please stop with the PC elitist attitude . As i see it the Xbox is here whether you like it or not and you have two options . Either accept it and move on or leave . Your choice .

Heh, this had nothing to do with being a PC elitist, but with reading too many comments (on gaming sites) like this..

- Waaaa.. how can the graphic be 8, when that hermaphrodite reviewer said that it's one of the best looking games on consoles?

- Waaaa.. why is the score lower than the PC version, when this is an enhanced edition with 'exclusive' content?

- Waaaa.. the reviewer is crazy, this is easily 9.5!

- Then comes a PS3 fanboy with a clever remark: 'And the winner is.. Dark Souls!' just because it scored a 9 from the same reviewer

.. And all that from the people who haven't even played the game.

I've witnessed human stupidity, and needed to vent out a bit. And why someone is upset because of that is beyond me.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-witcher-2-tech-analysis

Tech analysis of the Xbox360 version vs PC version by Eurogamer.

gregski said:

Tech analysis of the Xbox360 version vs PC version by Eurogamer.

So are going to get the new lighting effects on PC too?.. i must say, that the new lighting looks pretty good and better than on the PC version

P.S. One more thing, don't you think that they have changed a little bit Geralt's face or it's just only me?

Yes, the lighting was not all that good in the original. It was just too bright, and unnatural looking sometimes. Glad they fixed it.

Toshiro Mifune/Planescape guy, you sound like this:
- Waaaa.. people are being ignorant on the Internet!
What, seriously? :p

Outstanding job, CDP RED! Keep raising the bar, this industry needs it.

misho87233 said:
So are going to get the new lighting effects on PC too?.. i must say, that the new lighting looks pretty good and better than on the PC version

P.S. One more thing, don't you think that they have changed a little bit Geralt's face or it's just only me?

Perhaps the most dramatic difference between the older Witcher 2 on PC and the Enhanced Edition on 360 is that lighting has been radically overhauled, looking much more natural on the console. PC owners don't lose out though - all the work carried out on the console version is being rolled back into the original game.

They are saying that, but I really hope true :D

Tommy said:
Please stop with the PC elitist attitude . As i see it the Xbox is here whether you like it or not and you have two options . Either accept it and move on or leave . Your choice .

Could you please give him a warning about that? It's so annoying, every other PC gamer has been awesome to us consolites but he just acts like an ass for the sake of it, in more than one or two threads, as if he's threatened for some unbeknownst reason.

Parannegha said:
Toshiro Mifune/Planescape guy, you sound like this:
- Waaaa.. people are being ignorant on the Internet!
What, seriously? :p

Haha, good one! Well, in my defence, I'm not exactly an internet regular, and I certainly don't hang around those kind of sites..

Parannegha said:
Could you please give him a warning about that? It's so annoying, every other PC gamer has been awesome to us consolites but he just acts like an ass for the sake of it, in more than one or two threads, as if he's threatened for some unbeknownst reason.

Man the fuck up, son! You're a bloody Irish, for God sake!! :p

n4meless1 said:
Heh, this had nothing to do with being a PC elitist, but with reading too many comments (on gaming sites) like this..

- Waaaa.. how can the graphic be 8, when that hermaphrodite reviewer said that it's one of the best looking games on consoles?

- Waaaa.. why is the score lower than the PC version, when this is an enhanced edition with 'exclusive' content?

- Waaaa.. the reviewer is crazy, this is easily 9.5!

- Then comes a PS3 fanboy with a clever remark: 'And the winner is.. Dark Souls!' just because it scored a 9 from the same reviewer

.. And all that from the people who haven't even played the game.

I've witnessed human stupidity, and needed to vent out a bit. And why someone is upset because of that is beyond me.

Don't agree with you on about 90% of your opinions to be honest... but you're absolutely right about this. Probably the best looking game on X360 and he gives a graphics 8/10? Silly right?

Forum veteran
gregski said:
Niiice. The bloom seems toned down on the Xbox, which is definitely a good thing, though this made me a bit sad:

I loved that blue light, and the PC version's lighting is obviously capable of achieving a unique kind of subtlety in places such as this. The Xbox version as a whole is still looking really good, though. Hopefully more studios will take note of the fact that while rushed ports don't get attention, actually supporting your product and adapting it carefully for each individual platform can make it a huge deal, even a year after the original launch.

prelate said:
Don't agree with you on about 90% of your opinions to be honest... but you're absolutely right about this. Probably the best looking game on X360 and he gives a graphics 8/10? Silly right?

Hmm, sensing a note of sarcasm here. The problem for the reviewer is that she had already played the PC version, and just couldn't be impressed with the graphic on the console, like some of the reviewers, who've now seen the game for the first time, are. I mean, just look at that comparison video from the link that @gregski posted; the PC version is much better looking, even scaled to 720p to match the console resolution..

misho87233 said:

You really think that the lightning on the x360 version is better? The way I see it, it is actually much worser...
Look at this:

I sure hope as hell that they won't change the lightning in the PC version ):

It's better in some scenes but worse in others, hopefully CDPR went with what looks better in all scenes since PCs have the horsepower to handle it :)

Yasha08 said:
You really think that the lightning on the x360 version is better? The way I see it, it is actually much worser...
Look at this:

Yeah, in those places the lightning looks worse, but i thinks that's because Xbox360 can't handle so detailet and demanding graphics in those places.. but in those screenshots that i added, the lightining look better and is more realistic (and i like the new lightning in the first Geralt's dream too - i don't like the blue lightning filter).. so i think that if we are going to get the new lightning system, than it's gonna look far better than on those screenshots which were posted by you

Yasha08 said:

Damn, these rocks glitter like diamonds, it hurts me eyes! I hope they toned down the lighting a notch, because those rock look unrealistic, and the colors are oversaturated..

Forum veteran
n4meless1 said:
oversaturated
I don't think that's the word you're looking for. Of the two, the xbox version has far more color saturation.

Only bringing it up because I'm legitimately curious about what you mean.

Top Bottom