CP77 Wardrobes and Styles

+
Pants riding low are part of gang culture and have been for decades. I have no problem with them still being in use in some form by 2077.

What, you want to shoot only people who are dressed well? Boring.

I would have no issues shooting people dressed like this in 2077. In fact, I would be tempted to shoot all of them so I didn't have to look at them anymore.

However, it may take twice as much ammo as I origionally thought. Take a look at the research data:

Now, let's check some lists:

Al Capone:
- Tailored Suit
- Snappy Hat
- Fat Cigar
- Beautiful Women
- Fur Coat
- Awesome Cars

Yeah, 20's gangster is far superior.

Yeah... no.

Now, that Nat Cole: HE was a snappy dresser.
Good for negotiations.

Bad for the street-level dirty work that you lot are likely to get, though. =p

I'm sure the cop would love them, no one could run with pants like this.

It's about swag sometimes. Have you heard about urban dancing, 10 years on my belt my friend.
I bet any money in 100 and 200 years it will still be on the streets and TV.

It's not about wearing depressing black colors looking like you play warcraft all day locked in the basement. Future won’t look like you think it will. These days kids wear pink and yellow Jordan’s and purple jackets and its OK. Think 20-30 years back when communist happened and what people were wearing then. But now. Do you see my point? it will only go forward not backwards.

Cyberpunk might not be like this, it might be more punk style with LED lights clothing but fashion shouldn’t be filled with depressing colours clothing from goth paradise movie.

This game will suck if your visit any clothing store and all you get is black or brown leather.

It's about swag sometimes. Have you heard about urban dancing, 10 years on my belt my friend.
I bet any money in 100 and 200 years it will still be on the streets and TV.

It's not about wearing depressing black colors looking like you play warcraft all day locked in the basement. Future won’t look like you think it will. These days kids wear pink and yellow Jordan’s and purple jackets and its OK. Think 20-30 years back when communist happened and what people were wearing then. But now. Do you see my point? it will only go forward not backwards.

Cyberpunk might not be like this, it might be more punk style with LED lights clothing but fashion shouldn’t be filled with depressing colours clothing from goth paradise movie.

This game will suck if your visit any clothing store and all you get is black or brown leather.

Um... it's great that you are a break dancer and all, but those pants don't look stupid because they aren't black leather... they look stupid because the crotch is ridiculous and cartoonish.

We know the importance of swag, and if you will look through the thread there are many wildly divergent and brightly colorful articles of clothing suggested. Goth and Emo has nothing to do with, as I think those fashioons tend to look as stupid as the pants we are making fun of right now... and thats ok, because fashion is full of looking stupid... in fact, thats kind of fashions thing... I mean bell bottoms... tight rolled jeans... poofy shoulder pads...

We jsut don't want stupid to be the majority of clothing options.... ala Saints Row 3, which had the worst clothing imaginable...

Um... it's great that you are a break dancer and all, but those pants don't look stupid because they aren't black leather... they look stupid because the crotch is ridiculous and cartoonish.

We know the importance of swag, and if you will look through the thread there are many wildly divergent and brightly colorful articles of clothing suggested. Goth and Emo has nothing to do with, as I think those fashioons tend to look as stupid as the pants we are making fun of right now... and thats ok, because fashion is full of looking stupid... in fact, thats kind of fashions thing... I mean bell bottoms... tight rolled jeans... poofy shoulder pads...

We jsut don't want stupid to be the majority of clothing options.... ala Saints Row 3, which had the worst clothing imaginable...
I understand but it's all about the artist and how he makes it look. No pink or yellow but some options other then black. Thats all I am asking. Thanks for replay.

...I'm entertained that, apparently, the *only* other option to pants that look like you've dropped a load in them is "Goth or Emo." Ha.

For the record, this is how I roll:

Me n' my homegirl Jordan (who's REALLY tall, even sans heels.)

The good year blimp says Blank Redge is a pimp....

Seriously, dude, said it before, but you look like you stepped straight out of the game as it is...

Seriously, dude, said it before, but you look like you stepped straight out of the game as it is...

Wait. Which is the girl? Is it the short one?

Also, get a hair-cut. Disgusting.

You know, all he needs is a nice chunk of chrome and he could be our real-life ambassador.

Tell me, Redge...do you have some time to talk about...Amputation?

Have you heard about Cyberpunk?
It's a huge melting pot of different cultures, not only "punk" (and naming this "goth" or "emo" show somewhat your ignorance about those kind of subculture)

It's not about wearing depressing black colors looking like you play warcraft all day locked in the basement. Future won’t look like you think it will. but fashion shouldn’t be filled with depressing colours clothing from goth paradise movie.

Black color is something more than casual goth wanabe teenager jerking in his mom's basement, I'll let you do your research, otherwise i'd be happy to explain it to you.

We never said there would be only black color, there'll be a lot of different style, different outfit, different colors, almost everything you want, the same for music, etc...
What I posted was just what kind of outfit I'd like for the punk-side of the game (punk culture, just like any other has it's code, and even in 200years, they'll remains there, the only "too much colorful" punks out there are called posers), about Black outfits, it's mostly all about politics.

Future won’t look like you think it will.
These days kids wear pink and yellow Jordan’s and purple jackets and its OK. Think 20-30 years back when communist happened and what people were wearing then. But now. Do you see my point? it will only go forward not backwards.

Future will sucks, end of story
It'll be just like now, in shittier and messier socialy speaking.
Lowering of our social advancement, richer gets richers, poor gets poorer, it's where our system is going to my friend, stop looking at TV and go outside looking at the real world.
Nothing has drasticaly changed from the 80's, the fashion maybe, but there's more and more homeless people, price on things never stop to grow, less employement, growing of extremists ideology in politics (for exemple, in europe a lot of neo-nazis/extreme right wings are growing those days), too much expensive technology for what it is (500$ for a brand new iphone... it's just a stupid phone... and almost half of your pay), etc...
Sure, they don't talk about this in Fox News.

Thought, you are right:

The rich poser kids in corporate area will be dressed in colorful LED clothes:

"Hahahahahaha I'm rich, my life is soooo colorful and nice and all"

Thought, for the poor people in the combat zone, living with nothing, I doubt the "swag" as you call it would be their main problem
No cool & swaggy LED outfits for them:

"Damn, I'm poor, I'm hungry, my life sucks"

I doubt you'll want to be dressed in glowing red in the combat zone, the place where everyone will wants to kill you to steal your goods.
Cyberpunk isn't the game where you're the badass heroe, it's the game where you're an absolute loser, trying to survive the streets.

That said, if you've some cool breaker outfits, post them, no problem with this.
We joked about the low crotch mostly because it's maybe a lil too low lol.

As I said, the Cyberpunk universe is a huge melting pot of different cultures:
Rap, Punk, Metal, Skinhead, Anarchist, Nihilist, Politics, Nazis, Gangs, Blue Collars, White Collars, Swaggers, Clubbers, Raves, Goth, Emo, Insert-whatever-you-want, etc... everything, it's like our world, a big shitstorm of different peoples, trying to live together in a sick and fucked up world.

Last edited:
Pants riding low are part of gang culture and have been for decades. I have no problem with them still being in use in some form by 2077.

What, you want to shoot only people who are dressed well? Boring.

Yup they wear it low, but it mostly has to be designed to street fighting, you can have to be involved in a fight at any time (it's a common rules in the skinhead movement also), some gang member even wear tight clothes somethimes (so you can't grab them by their clothes), and often they avoid the "hood" so you can't strangle them with it.

It's low, yes, but not at the knees level, you can't have a decent fight and it leave too much grips for you oponent.

That said, I personaly have no problem with low crotch pants at all.

I agree with a lot of this.

I can see 'style', (or lack thereof,) of clothes fitting into 3 broad categories:

Necessity
Utility
Exhibitionism

I am sure we will see some of these elements overlapping though.

These maybe?

Attachments

• Goth_Girl_01.jpg
    Goth_Girl_01.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Goth_Girl_06.jpg
    Goth_Girl_06.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Punk_Girl_02.jpg
    Punk_Girl_02.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Goth_Girl_03.jpg
    Goth_Girl_03.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Goth_Girl_05.jpg
    Goth_Girl_05.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 53
Actual gangstas don't do that saggy pants thing... in the first place it leaves no way to easily store or conceal thair gun... in the second place, it would be impossible to fight in that shit...

With Edgerunners, yes style is important, but so is not getting killed because you thought limiting your mobility made for awesome fashion...

And Suhir... whats up with that first pic? Goth Prom?

Actual gangstas don't do that saggy pants thing... in the first place it leaves no way to easily store or conceal thair gun... in the second place, it would be impossible to fight in that shit...

With Edgerunners, yes style is important, but so is not getting killed because you thought limiting your mobility made for awesome fashion...

And Suhir... whats up with that first pic? Goth Prom?

actual gangsters are also stupid as shit, so the saggy pants thing happens a lot actually.

Top Bottom