Alternative for Enemy Scaling and Gameplay Overhaul (ESGO)

+
Just a question though, is this the version 2 of esgo which kukassin mentioned in his comments here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Jd-nm-pHw

go check out the comments of that youtube link, kukassin himself point to ESGO 2, the link now is not working, but I have that file.

---------- Updated at 03:34 PM ----------

wait.. the file structure is different.. and where is the xml file that is supposed to go to the bin folder? the one that sets the in-game options?

I originally forgot the config matrixes. Sorry guys, I'm sure most of you already had this from before, and that it wasn't a problem. But I have updated the nexus page, as well as the dropbox version to reflect this. Sorry for this !

---------- Updated at 04:55 PM ----------

Just a question though, is this the version 2 of esgo which kukassin mentioned in his comments here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Jd-nm-pHw

go check out the comments of that youtube link, kukassin himself point to ESGO 2, the link now is not working, but I have that file.

---------- Updated at 03:34 PM ----------

wait.. the file structure is different.. and where is the xml file that is supposed to go to the bin folder? the one that sets the in-game options?

This is, as far as I'm concerned, the latest version. The version was delivered here by @Ramon242, you can see earlier in the thread.

The file structure shall be the same, to one exception, the DynamicScaling.ws is now in a folder called esgo in a folder called mods. This has no impact as the path of the modded script files matter little, as long as they don't duplicate an existing vanilla file, and I believe this is a much clearer way to deploy mods unique script files.

although I fully appreciate your intention of continuing this mod, i can fully confirm that this is not the latest version that kukassin released. i have the version that wasn't uploaded to nexus and only like 3 persons have it (base from kukassin's comment).
i compared the files, it was totally different, the latest esgo was fully object-oriented, fully commented code. lots of functions were out of place, i don't know if that was intended. but anyway i appreciate your effort..
i guess ill be on my own on patching my version of esgo..

Thanks for the great work. I doubt this is an issue with your update, but I was level 87 before the update on NG+ and now whenever I add a mod which messes with level uncapping( such as ESGO and Level Uncapper), I'm at level 100 when I enter the game. Any idea what might be causing this( again this happens from any mod that messes with levels, I think). Thanks.

although I fully appreciate your intention of continuing this mod, i can fully confirm that this is not the latest version that kukassin released. i have the version that wasn't uploaded to nexus and only like 3 persons have it (base from kukassin's comment).
i compared the files, it was totally different, the latest esgo was fully object-oriented, fully commented code. lots of functions were out of place, i don't know if that was intended. but anyway i appreciate your effort..
i guess ill be on my own on patching my version of esgo..

Well, let's be pragmatic there. People on this forum has been asking for a 1.12 compatible ESGO version. From your comment, Kukassin never released the secret version you're talking about anywhere where people could download it. Thus, I can safely assume, using pure logic, that people who asked for a 1.12 version of ESGO have not played this secret version you're talking about, and thus, didn't ask for this version to be ported.

So you now have two solutions :

1. You send me this version via PM, or link here, if you want me to look to port this version.
2. You stop trolling this thread.

---------- Updated at 06:15 PM ----------

Thanks for the great work. I doubt this is an issue with your update, but I was level 87 before the update on NG+ and now whenever I add a mod which messes with level uncapping( such as ESGO and Level Uncapper), I'm at level 100 when I enter the game. Any idea what might be causing this( again this happens from any mod that messes with levels, I think). Thanks.

Hard to say really, Was it happening with 1.11 ? Send me a save file, I'll do my best trying to find out the issue. Also, you could ask one of the genius around (as I'm definitely not a W3 scripts genius, try @Skacik-PL @Wasteland_Ghost / @erxv) as I'm afraid my time to play W3 myself is already limited, let alone debug other people's game :)

Last edited:
2. You stop trolling this thread.

here I am trying to clear things out with the best intentions possible, but you just have to respond with arrogance.
for the record i was about to send you the version that im talking about, but now after your comment, i can assume your the type of person that doesn't do well in a collaborative work.

that's it i'm done, sorry for "trolling" your thread.

here I am trying to clear things out with the best intentions possible, but you just have to respond with arrogance.
for the record i was about to send you the version that im talking about, but now after your comment, i can assume your the type of person that doesn't do well in a collaborative work.

that's it i'm done, sorry for "trolling" your thread.

Mate, I'm not even doing this for me, I'm not longer using ESGO myself, I've built my own mods using the scaling part, but have scrapped all the rest from the mod which was messing up with too many parameters for my own taste.
Now, as I said, I'd be happy to port this secret new version, not for me, but for the other people who wants to play with ESGO, because this modding community is little enough and need all the help we can give it. So really, you won't hurt me by not sending me this version, who would likely take me a few hours to port again, but will only be hurting other people who may want to try out this new version.

So as I said, you had two choices, and you made your choice, which probably proved that you were indeed trolling in the first place. If not, prove it to us.

Okay, figured it out, I think the game was reading my save file as max level, so whatever I set it to in the file configuration it'd go to 100. I messed around the sliders for max level in ESGO( a testament to their functionality) and was able to fix it. Totally a problem on my end, not with any of your work. Again thank you for taking the time to update this great mod, and forget about the trolls.

Ok, I've now also uploaded a version working with Better Combat Evolved without having to merge anything.

You don't need the main file if you use Better Combat Evolved

Dropbox link here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvu5wbdri0lkkkh/modEsgo112BCE.zip?dl=0

You can also download from Nexus

---------- Updated at 08:35 PM ----------

Okay, figured it out, I think the game was reading my save file as max level, so whatever I set it to in the file configuration it'd go to 100. I messed around the sliders for max level in ESGO( a testament to their functionality) and was able to fix it. Totally a problem on my end, not with any of your work. Again thank you for taking the time to update this great mod, and forget about the trolls.

Great, happy you fixed it.

Sorry, I just can't get this work. What did you do exactly to fix the problem? I have been messing about with the sliders but have gotten nowhere.

Cheers,
Rusty20080

Got it sorted! Load your game, change the slider to what you want, reload your save (but do not save in between!) and should be OK.

Last edited:
I posted this on Nexus but with the latest version of ESGO I'm getting this error message when I try to start the game: Error [modesgoofficial2for112]local\esgo - base.ws(1925): Could not find function 'ShouldSheathSword'. Anyone know what the issue is?

EDIT: The fix I've settled on for now is to delete that whole function. Seems to deal mostly with the optional function of changing sword sheathing times, so was able to start up the game with no problem with it missing. Ideally I'd like to know how to fix it, but this temporary fix works for now.

Last edited:
I posted this on Nexus but with the latest version of ESGO I'm getting this error message when I try to start the game: Error [modesgoofficial2for112]local\esgo - base.ws(1925): Could not find function 'ShouldSheathSword'. Anyone know what the issue is?

EDIT: The fix I've settled on for now is to delete that whole function. Seems to deal mostly with the optional function of changing sword sheathing times, so was able to start up the game with no problem with it missing. Ideally I'd like to know how to fix it, but this temporary fix works for now.

By Start the game, do you mean "start a new game" ?

By Start the game, do you mean "start a new game" ?

I mean, when I open the application Witcher 3, before I deleted that section of code, I was getting that error message. When I deleted that section, I was able to open the game and play regularly since the piece of code only dealt with a single function on the menu I think( Auto-Sheath swords option). My bigger issue is that I'm not getting any experience for quests or monsters; several others have had this same problem.

I mean, when I open the application Witcher 3, before I deleted that section of code, I was getting that error message. When I deleted that section, I was able to open the game and play regularly since the piece of code only dealt with a single function on the menu I think( Auto-Sheath swords option). My bigger issue is that I'm not getting any experience for quests or monsters; several others have had this same problem.

And this happens with the latest version (the one made by the original author), or is that with the "older" version ?

It happened in both, I believe, but am not sure. Are we supposed to merge BCE and the new version? Doing that finally allowed me to get experience. In the older versions I left them unmerged as instructed and had the same issue.
EDIT: Also, I just tried a merge with Custom Localization Fix and it didn't work in terms of experience getting( I know, you made this clear, I just wanted to see what would happen). Thanks again.

It happened in both, I believe, but am not sure. Are we supposed to merge BCE and the new version? Doing that finally allowed me to get experience. In the older versions I left them unmerged as instructed and had the same issue.
EDIT: Also, I just tried a merge with Custom Localization Fix and it didn't work in terms of experience getting( I know, you made this clear, I just wanted to see what would happen). Thanks again.

Yeah, I should spend some time explaining the situation, as basically pretty much all the work I've done has been with the older version. The new version has been made by the original author, and thus, I don't know what's needed to make it work with BCE. I'd say you need to merge it with BCE to make it work, but oddly enough, when I play without BCE, I can't get experience on the new version, but I can on the old one. It might just be an issue with the settings file to be honest which collides between the old version & the new version.

In any case, glad you fixed it, and thanks for the reports.

Since the original mod site is hidden on nexus, does anyone know of a source for what each slider does? For someone just getting into this.

Compatibility Project has been started. More compatible-out-of-the-box version will be released.

Currently, Better Combat Evolved 2 & Absolute Camera are compatible out of the box. They still need the original mod installed (of course) but you can enjoy them without having to go through the very annoying scriptMerging work. Enjoy. Friendly Hub and Preprations Mod are next.

Top Bottom