Bug: Alchemy Delayed Recovery not working

+
Bug: Alchemy Delayed Recovery not working

Delayed Recovery states

Potion effects don't wear off until potion Toxicity falls to 70% of the maximum level. Potion duration time +15%.

Ok I'm getting the +15% bonus time, but the potions not wearing off is a horrible horrible lie.
I have 202 max toxicity, that means I have to have over 141.4 toxicity to reap the benefits of this ability, I always have two Decoctions on at any one time giving me a base of 160 toxicity which degrades very slowly, so all the potions I take after that should last for quite a while, but not a min after drinking a swallow potion have it's effects completely disappeared.

This ability is what my build is built around, pls fix it.

Alright I noticed something strange, even when my toxicity is at max, if I go into the inventory screen and check my current stats my toxicity reads 0/202. Maybe the game is just not registering my toxicity level properly, only the Frenzy ability is working fine and that needs to register the toxicity level.

Hello anybody?!?!
Does anybody have any information about this ability or if it will be fixed in the upcoming patch?

CDPR are currently busy not giving a fuck about your issues. Please try again later.

And remember, patch is "right around the corner", as Marcin would say.

Wait I just read that decoctions do not count towards the toxicity needed to use this ability. Anybody know if this is true?
If it is then wtf, why would toxicity from potions count, but toxicity from decoctions not count. It's the same status bar.
Really now come on CDPR, if your gonna do make an ability with random rules please give us proper tooltips explaining the bizzare crazy space logic you are using.

Anyways please give me confirmation on whether or not this skill is broken or working, but just without any synergy for the rest of the alchemy tree.

Mate, a whole bunch of skills are broken. It's like it was never tested. Cat school and every crit build is broken (so the core a 1 of three ways you can play is broken). Many things in Alchemy are broken as well.

Basically, the only way to play the game is Griffin school. This is an "RPG" :D.

Mate, a whole bunch of skills are broken. It's like it was never tested. Cat school and every crit build is broken (so the core a 1 of three ways you can play is broken). Many things in Alchemy are broken as well.

Basically, the only way to play the game is Griffin school. This is an "RPG" :D.

Lol, guess it's time to respec to a cheesey caster and make that hideous Griffon school armour.
NO NO NO, I can't do it, I won't, I will never wear that armour, I don't care how good it is.

I play cat school. And even though critical skills are missing, they might have a fix around 2018, when they decide to release the patch.

I tested this yesterday and i can confirm that this skill doesnt work with toxicity of the concoctions. I dont know if it is intended or not. It might be, i think it would be very OP if it would work with them

Edit: if you read the tooltip it clearly says potion toxicity. Pretty sure it shouldnt count towards concoctions toxicity

Last edited:
I tested this yesterday and i can confirm that this skill doesnt work with toxicity of the concoctions. I dont know if it is intended or not. It might be, i think it would be very OP if it would work with them

Edit: if you read the tooltip it clearly says potion toxicity. Pretty sure it shouldnt count towards concoctions toxicity

I just considered Decoctions as big potions, really don't understand the need to differentiate between the two if they fill up the same status bar and both get bonus duration from the potion bonus duration on alchemy abilities. Anyways scrapping this skill.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Cheers

Last edited:
I think you can either choose to use decoctions and ignore this skill or non to use decoctions and utilize this skill instead.

Hi there,

Delayed recovery doesn't work decoction toxicity, only potion toxicity. Meaning you can only trigger the full effect by only using potions.

For those of you who didn't know about this yet ;)

The Problem with Delayed Recovery is it isn't affected by Decoction's at all! Which is a Major Over Sight imho.

If Decoctions counted for the Delayed Recovery calculation it would be a god send for potions like Tawny Owl and Blizzard! Which if you have ever gone up agaisnt 20+ enemies at the same time can mean the difference between literally life and death.

Im hoping that I can find a mod that fixes this while still keeping the Toxicity level and a static level until cleaned or meditation.

(The doors crack and windows explode as the Paladins charge into the room. A blinding flash as the Moderator materializes. Raises his staff.)

Die, necromancer -- !

(Stops abruptly. Sees the look of shock and confusion.)

-- oh...so sorry! Didn't realize. Hello!

(Waves off the Paladin force. Grumbles and clattering as they sheath their blades and withdraw.)

We try to let older threads lie peacefully. This one is over 6 months old. Still, welcome to the Forums!

The Delayed Recovery thing has come up before. Unfortunately, the mechanics will remain as they are now. I remember a big battle against the bugs with delayed recovery and potion effects sticking forever. Not sure if there's much more to be done. :(

Wildcardgsx;n8456410 said:
The Problem with Delayed Recovery is it isn't affected by Decoction's at all! Which is a Major Over Sight imho.

As far as I know, it is an intentional change, in the original release it did work with decoctions as well. However, that could be exploited: for example, with Superior White Raffard's decoction, it could give full invulnerability ("god mode"), so I think that is why Delayed Recovery was changed in one of the patches to be affected by potions only.

Top Bottom