[BUG] - Stealth Is Broken For Gig: A Lack Of Empathy

+
During the Gig: A Lack Of Empathy, there are numerous issues regarding stealth and NPC scripts.
  • Opening the door leading to the backstage immediately triggers combat & fails the stealth objective
  • The two enemies on the ground floor can't be stealthily taken out because they also immediately trigger combat and fail the stealth objective
  • The drunk Ogre at the bar triggers his scripted pathing twice. Meaning he'll walk to the bathroom stall, then reset and go back to his original spot, only to then properly follow his scripted pathing again.
  • Stealth knockout quickhacks also do not work whatsoever on him

Opening a door breaks stealth;

Drunk Ogre plays out his scripted pathing twice & breaks stealth as well;

Knockout quickhacks do not work on the drunk Ogre whatsoever;

Last edited:
A lot of gigs need reworking from the ground up I think. I've noticed a lot of the club stealth missions; this one, Tyger and Vulture, Sr Ladrillo's Private Collection and An Inconvinent Killer have really messed up scripts and/or stealth (half of these issues I think might just be baked into the game).
For example, activating optical camo and entering a restricted area causing NPCs to freak out and act as if I'd just started shooting up the place or guards/security magically spotting me even though I was out of sight and camouflaged and in an empty part of the building.

I still get spotted through solid walls or closed doors sometimes. It's great. A lot of these issues I remember from original launch period.

Did you open a ticket?

Unfortunately, yes.

A lot of gigs need reworking from the ground up I think. I've noticed a lot of the club stealth missions; this one, Tyger and Vulture, Sr Ladrillo's Private Collection and An Inconvinent Killer have really messed up scripts and/or stealth (half of these issues I think might just be baked into the game).

Can't say I had any issues with the two highlighted gigs as I've cleaned out the house stealthily in both, apart from naturally the terribly overreacting NPCs freaking out as soon as V opens a locked door or breaches an access point.

I wish CDPR would tweak their overreactions, but apart from that both gigs went perfectly smooth.

Yesterday, I did the quest where V has to save a monk.
I took down the NPC standing in the front of the building (without alerting him), and somehow, the other enemies were alerted (the eyes icon), although V was completely out of their sight.

Is the knockout hack a bug or is that how it's supposed to work? It's happened with others but I assumed not every NPC can be taken down that way since some of them are resistance to certain hacks.

Is the knockout hack a bug or is that how it's supposed to work? It's happened with others but I assumed not every NPC can be taken down that way since some of them are resistance to certain hacks.

The knockout hacks (System Collapse or the Mind Wipe + Reboot Optics + Sonic Shock) should knock him out to the ground, so in this case it's the NPC itself that is bugged completely.

The only ones who have knock-out immunity are boss types which have an HP bar, such as cyberpsychos or MaxTac.

The knockout hacks (System Collapse or the Mind Wipe + Reboot Optics + Sonic Shock) should knock him out to the ground, so in this case it's the NPC itself that is bugged completely.

The only ones who have knock-out immunity are boss types which have an HP bar, such as cyberpsychos or MaxTac.
Then I guess there are other bugs in the game. I completed a gig yesterday, I forgot the name but you needed to knockout a guy in his VIP area in a club and take his body to the car trunk. I could not use the hack. I tried several times and he just recovered immediately similar to in the video you shared. The only way I could complete it was to distract him by hacking a device nearby and grab him from behind. Maybe you'll need to do something similar

If you're using System Collapse, then yeah it's unfortunately incredibly bugged and doesn't work in 99% of cases. However the knockout combo which I mentioned above is cheaper and works as intended.

If you're referring to Jack Mauser during the Gig: An Inconvenient Killer who is in his VIP area, try the knockout combo instead. Worked just fine when I tested it recently.

The video is merely to demonstrate that the NPC is indeed bugged because not even the certified knockout combo works on him, so there's no point in grabbing him either because he just instantly ruins the stealth objective, so can't touch him at all. I still completed the gig by simply not taking out anyone, but it was not satisfying at all am afraid.

Last edited:
They really should have removed the steal component of the game. Its so buggy and feels 10x worse then splinter cell or hitman. Classic case of trying to do too much in one game.

Top Bottom