Creative ideas for cyberpunk

+
I'm interested in providing quality, creative, suggestions to CDProjectRed for Cyberpunk 2077, for sometime i've seen myself as a creative and resourceful person and am creating this discussion as a way to spread my ideas! If you have suggestions and ideas then please provide them here too. I hope that this thread becomes a way for the community to provide genuine and well throughout ideas for CDProjectRed to better their game and make it something it should have always been, that being something people want to play. Not that the game isn't enjoyable of course, but there are some bits and pieces people really want to see, and that's hopefully what CDProjectRed will see in this discussion.

Everyone who does use this thread please make a comment at the beginning of your idea saying what type of context your idea applies to, such as creativity, quality of life, bug fix, etc.

My main suggestion, made repeatedly in other forum threads, is to simply tell Col. Hansen's story in full. This is a very significant character who deserves compassion..... An honorable soldier, betrayed by his government, who survived the brutal battles to unify the NUSA, kept his unit alive, betrayed once again by FIA agents and unjustly killed - I think V should be able to unite with Hansen.
The "Phantom Liberty" add-on is a story of self-justification by all three FIA agents - Reed, Song, and Alex (plus maybe Pres. Myers).
But there is nothing for Hansen. Why?
In the game, Hansen takes responsibility for his people and successfully takes care of them - unlike Reed, Hansen does not cheat or betray those close to him - unlike Somi, Hansen is not a cold and ruthless killer - unlike Alex, Hansen treats his decisions with responsibility - unlike Myers.
So why is he disenfranchised in the game? Why does he necessarily have to be killed by a mercenary?
My suggestion is to either create an alternate ending in which V refuses to kill Hansen/returns Somi to him/joins Hansen's service at Bargest, or give the player the option of replaying Hansen's story - either before the events described in the game, or in the future ( for example, assuming the Colonel survived, simply because he also happened to have a Militech biochip in his head )
And yes, a special tarot graffiti for the dedicated warlord, please ))

In general, I've expressed many ideas for the game in other threads, I just don't know if I need to repeat them here.

Last edited:
ideas for CDProjectRed to better their game and make it something it should have always been
Hey,
CP77 is done and what it would've been remains in the stars.

However, when I look at the complete game, I would've liked to see more diverse locations.
Don't get me wrong, the game has plenty, but still, I would've liked to see more.

Maybe some content at Biotechnika or Militech locations, and more diverse buildings in the city.
Although, nothing comes to my mind.

I think it all depends on how the developers themselves look at the project.
Thinking about the logic or, more precisely, the general philosophy of the project, I pers. see some following options:
If the authors of the project want to deliver some message to gamers, then it has been basically formulated: "There is no future, there is no hope, you have nowhere to run, soon you will be eaten alive by intelligent viruses from Cyberspace". If staying on this level - then, for example, it makes sense to try to create a new genre of game - RPG-catastrophe. That is, without changing the structure of the game - add to the game elements of survival in natural disasters - say, Night City in global warming. What will the kind and friendly population of the city do when the ocean starts flooding the streets of Pacifica and Dogstown? Or when genetically modified locusts start mutating right inside a pizza? Or recreate a scenario of humanity's global war against intelligent AIs, which the humans will of course lose - (here, I'd be happy to personally shove D. Silverhand back into the Matrix so that he never comes back out)
If there is a need to exploit moral narratives - then there is room for a story about romantic love between humans and AI, with the possibility of hybrid offspring who will be forced to make many painful choices about "Who am I - human or an AI/android? What am I supposed to do in this world?"
If it's just a matter of keeping Cyberpunk afloat for a while, one could think about creating an online multiplayer with the relatively fresh idea of remotely hacking opponents. Since CS, Quake and Unreal Tournament are ideologically and technically dead, I don't see anything superior to them in this genre. Wouldn't be bad to shoot each other with your chumbas, playing over a local network and running around Night City locations, like Cinosura's bunker, while remotely burning out their synapses and destroying them with BlackWall.
If there is a desire to develop RPG-logic of the game, there's an opportunity for the anomalies and artifacts, just ike in "Stalker" - this is for the category of players who like to explore the game world, it is for those who would like to "dig" and look for treasures, new technologies, new weapons, etc. Or we can simply deepen our knowledge base about the game characters, of which there are many in the game like "Hanako's netrunner abilities", "T-bag's sordid past", "Who is Brianna Dolson really", etc.
And there could be a lot of these "ifs". Or could not be. :)
Hey,
"The game has no goal, only path" - Hanako Arasaka, "The Untold stories" :LOL:

Second DLC - CORPORATE WAR. Team up with Arasaka or Militech.
Post automatically merged:

Third DLC - BLACKWALL BREACHED. Revenge of Voodooboys.

Last edited:
My main suggestion, made repeatedly in other forum threads, is to simply tell Col. Hansen's story in full. This is a very significant character who deserves compassion..... An honorable soldier, betrayed by his government, who survived the brutal battles to unify the NUSA, kept his unit alive, betrayed once again by FIA agents and unjustly killed - I think V should be able to unite with Hansen.
The "Phantom Liberty" add-on is a story of self-justification by all three FIA agents - Reed, Song, and Alex (plus maybe Pres. Myers).
But there is nothing for Hansen. Why?
In the game, Hansen takes responsibility for his people and successfully takes care of them - unlike Reed, Hansen does not cheat or betray those close to him - unlike Somi, Hansen is not a cold and ruthless killer - unlike Alex, Hansen treats his decisions with responsibility - unlike Myers.
So why is he disenfranchised in the game? Why does he necessarily have to be killed by a mercenary?
My suggestion is to either create an alternate ending in which V refuses to kill Hansen/returns Somi to him/joins Hansen's service at Bargest, or give the player the option of replaying Hansen's story - either before the events described in the game, or in the future ( for example, assuming the Colonel survived, simply because he also happened to have a Militech biochip in his head )
And yes, a special tarot graffiti for the dedicated warlord, please ))

In general, I've expressed many ideas for the game in other threads, I just don't know if I need to repeat them here.
Agreed! Well put right here. I rate the PL story 6/10
Post automatically merged:

Hey,

However, when I look at the complete game, I would've liked to see more diverse locations.
Don't get me wrong, the game has plenty, but still, I would've liked to see more.

Maybe some content at Biotechnika or Militech locations, and more diverse buildings in the city.
Although, nothing comes to my mind.
I think Trauma Team got totally hosed in this game. What a Waste!

Another justification for the necessity of telling the story of Col. Hansen.
Part 1. Braindance theory, the impact on consciousness, and the need for war.
Taking into account that Cyberpunk 2077 is a kind of braindance, i.e. a game with the heaviest possible impact on the players' consciousness, then in principle, if-(if!) a new addition with a cumulative patch will follow, it is logical to assume that there might be another attempt to influence fans with horror (as in the bunker of Cynosure), with the existing precedent - these are the plot elements of Alien: Isolation. This is not the limit: speaking about creative borrowings, one can easily recollect, for example, "Amnesia: The Bunker" or "The Evil Within 2", with the wide opportunities to bulldoze the players' psyche by Militech's pantzer. However, here I see is an important issue: the anti-utopian world of Cyberpunk 2077 - how scary is it by design? I understand that the game in "Phantom Liberty" shifted to the "witch story" - for ex., while rescuing So Mi, we save a demons-possessed witch, and by killing her or participating in her capture - we get into her personal hell, which she shares with V (and us) and which becomes then our own, and all this happens during a full moon - there is a full moon hanging over Dogtown (the developers had no idea to make it bloody :LOL: )
But it's unlikely that anyone would go as far as an outright transcendent nightmare like in "Succubus" or "Agony", with a possible Project Orion in mind.
That's where Hansen comes in! Hansen is war. War is HELL in and of itself. What goes on on the battlefield surpasses any dark fantasy. If, say, one idea is to show users why you shouldn't rush into military recruiting and what can happen if you entrust your life and destiny to such strong confident military men in beautiful uniforms - then I think everyone deserves a straightforward explanation here. Further, if, by plot logic, players are led to believe that Colonel Hansen is necessarily bad, then where and when else will it be shown exactly why he is bad? We understand why Somi is bad, why Rosalind Myers is bad, why Solomon Reed, Saburo Arasaka, Mr. Blue Eyes are bad, their nastiness we felt in our teeth - but why is Hansen bad? Politicians, actors, TV personalities, journalists, gang leaders, businessmen come to his party guests. He treats them to champagne, everyone is happy and enjoys his company. He doesn't experiment on people, he doesn't rewrite the human soul, he doesn't steal technology, he doesn't download viruses into people's heads. If he wants to take over Pacifica, for example - then we need an explanation of exactly what the danger of that is! Compared to Militech and Araska, Hansen is as pure and innocent as a baby. If he catches So Mi, and gains access to the Cynosure project - what happens then? What will he do to Night City that Arasaka and Militech haven't done before?
Or-what would happen to the good old NUSA, if the power falls into the hands of such a terrible, by all accounts, man as Hansen? And it is has to be shawn through the war, and war only, through the fighting, which Hansen and his unit conducted. I personally don't think Hansen committed war crimes, say, by pouring napalm on entire homeless camps or mass shooting the wounded and deserters. As far as I'm concerned, the Colonel is a man of honor, and he could never shoot Vee in the back - but the script writers of the project may have a different view of the situation here...
Or... No one wants to say that Myers and the FIA in their desire to zero Colonel are driven by the usual jealousy, envy of his success, right?

The sequel follows, I just have to regain my mental energy )

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, the Colonel is a man of honor, and he could never shoot Vee in the back - but the script writers of the project may have a different view of the situation here...
What a "creative" way to talk about Hansen :D
A despot who take taxes on everything in the neighborhood he rules, organize such nice parties on the top of his own tower, during which he invites all the most influential and wealthy people of Night City like any politician worthy of the name... But a "honorable" guy who couldn't care less about people who live Dogtown.
Dogtown, Hansen's paradise... what a great place to live, in a nice "house" built in a container, in middle of ruined building, garbages, gangs free to do almost whatever they want as long as it's not against Hansen and Hansen personal/represive "army". I wonder who wouldn't want to live there...

What a "creative" way to talk about Hansen :D
I stand by my words. :)
The Colonel is a man of honor and duty who was able to lead his unit through the brutal fighting on Pacifica, was able to stand up to the treachery of the NUSA and keep the unit fighting. He is trusted by his officers, with whom he has seen death right in the face more than once, and we know it - otherwise he simply would not have survived among men like Bennett, Jago, Yuri, Rinder and Murphy. If he had ever shown any meanness or cowardice on the battlefield - he would have gotten a bullet in the head right away. But that didn't happen. The fact that they recognize him as their leader and obey him speaks volumes about their RESPECT. Even Rosalind Myers occasionally calls him and asks for his help. He is feared by Solomon Reed, and it is in him that So Mi sees her first hope of getting out of the meat grinder of the FIA and Militech.
"Containers Paradise" - yes. Dogtown is paradise for Briana Dolson, Hassan Demir, Nele Springer, Anthony Anderson, for all the unfortunates who, for one reason or another, flee the violence of corporate tyranny and find a home.
Even those two Polish men from CDProject are peddling their unlicensed braindances in the Dogtown market - and none of them ever complain about Colonel Hansen!
Colonel Hansen is a man of complicated fate who deserves respect and human sympathy! (y)

Another justification for the necessity of telling the story of Col. Hansen.
Part 2. Project Orion.
I have no idea what kind of game it will be, and I don't want to know until after release. But. If we assume - purely theoretically - that it will be or should be a cybernetic, hacking, space techno-utopia with elements of horror, then: where we are to test the technology of the future - all these drones, satellites, Mars rovers, moon rovers, space tanks and other flying saucers? Where and under what conditions? The answer is - on the battlefield. In the conditions of combat in a limited arena - in the form of separate missions for\against the Colonel and Bargest. Future tech has to be used in combat - otherwise it's just not interesting, otherwise it's just space Need for Speed and Starfield at its worst. Indeed, where and how can we exploit future space super-tech and mind-boggling cyber-hacking tools if we want to avoid picking at a No Mans Sky-style artificial universe. Where else to test space engines but in the skies above Pacifica?!
And let's not forget, the current conflict on the playing field, which the NUSA administration considers its territory, is developing not only between corporations, NUSA and the authorities of Night City. It's a potential war between Old Earth and its outer colonies, involving a number of orbital facilities that are owned by the corporations. Looks like the future of the humankind will be defined on the space and ground battles. That is to say, Orion - if it is to inherit Cyberpunk in any way - will have a very serious global foundation against which even the potential breakout of the Black Wall doesn't look apocalyptic. Then, if I'm right or may turn out to be right, and if the rest of Cyberpunk's existence is a transition to the next project - let's have NOW a localized techno-skirmish in Night City, in its past, future or present. And if this scenario of the development of two games at once deserves attention - then this is where the Colonel's figure comes in very handy.

I love the game, but why do the Cyberpunk NPC's have so many cool tattoos that we can't get. An update that adds tattoos, or even just lets us get the ones NPC's have would be amazing.

Everything depends on what kind of game Orion will be, and what kind of story CDPR wants to tell. When will it be set...2078? 2088? 2098? Will it be set in Night City [seems likely, there's lots of potential for expanding city limits, or putting a LOT more into the megatowers]. Will it be another 'merc on the make' story..or something else entirely? Will we be able to build our main character? Will there be lifepaths again..the same or different? [If so, I hope there are significant differences in each lifepath to make each one worth replaying and get a new experience]. New weapons? Cars? New gangs? New game mechanics? Flying cars? The mind boggles...

I'm pretty much reconciled to never seeing V again, except as a legend and a drink in the Afterlife [Will the Afterlife still be in business? Will Rogue still be running it? If every 2077 ending is taken into account, things will be very different.] Will there be any 'cameos' by NPCs we know? Panam now a senior Nomad leader dealing with her own troublesome youngsters? River as an established detective...or Chief of police? Kerry a band manager...or undergoing some kind of new personal crisis? Judy back in town running The Mox? Again, the mind boggles...

I'm content to wait and see...3 years? 5 years? More...? Not getting any younger, here...

I would like to touch upon an issue related to gender psychology.
We live in a modern world where the issue of a person's gender is not, most likely, absolutely constant and unchangeable...right? :)
Now: we have a protagonist V, who, depending on one preference or another, can be either a boy or a girl in the game. And the only difference between V-male and V-female are the love stories, which are tied to 4 characters. Just - on 4, which gives you two possible choices per playthrough. It would seem that one might wish for "More women, more men, more virtual sex, more partners in the game!" here, which is pretty much what many on the forum wish for. However, I doubt that a possible game update and/or novelty in Project Orion will go in that direction.
Currently there is no difference in how exactly male\female V communicates with the NPC's. The dialog options remain the same.
Is that right? ) Is this the way it should be?
The thing is that, in general, men and women can react differently to certain communicative situations, based on different gender psychology. Is it possible to make dialogs include options that will be unique for a certain type of character, though in key, most acute moments of the game?
This could be interesting for those girls who choose "male V" and for guys who play as "girl". It might even be a definite novelty in the genre, because I can't right now recall an RPG game that has successfully implemented this before.

Last edited:
When I watched the video before "The Rescue" mission, the one with Jackie doing with him gigs and getting to know his family and friends, there was a segment where V was holding a weapon, then threw it at an enemy, staggering him in the process.

I know the game is finished, but I think it would have been cool if there had been an option to throw the weapon you hold at an enemy. As far as I can tell, there is no mod that does that.

It looked really cool. It could have worked the same way knives work, making weapons you hold without ammo, or maybe weapons with empty magazines before reloading, useful in a way. It would be different from using melee attack with the weapon you hold since this requires you getting really close to the enemy, as opposed to an attack from a distance. You can choose to go pick the weapon you just threw, or just leave it.

In addition, I think three weapon slots is kind of low. I mean, why not have five or six slots rather than three? It would be cool to have more slots for any kind of build. I like to throw knives and use melee blunt weapons for stealth attacks, and a couple of guns and a sniper rifle for ranged attacks, and with the wide array of guns and weapons available in the game, it would be useful to have more weapon slots available.

I'm interested in providing quality, creative, suggestions to CDProjectRed for Cyberpunk 2077, for sometime i've seen myself as a creative and resourceful person and am creating this discussion as a way to spread my ideas! If you have suggestions and ideas then please provide them here too. I hope that this thread becomes a way for the community to provide genuine and well throughout ideas for CDProjectRed to better their game and make it something it should have always been, that being something people want to play. Not that the game isn't enjoyable of course, but there are some bits and pieces people really want to see, and that's hopefully what CDProjectRed will see in this discussion.

Everyone who does use this thread please make a comment at the beginning of your idea saying what type of context your idea applies to, such as creativity, quality of life, bug fix, etc.
I was hoping that the developers of Cyberpunk 2077 could make a seperate version of the game that could appeal to a larger audience. The amount of sexual content in the game is a bit overwhelming and I am not saying to completely remove it. I am aware that it is a topic that sells and that it is probably what makes night city, night city. However, I would really like to truly enjoy this game, and I feel like i cant because of how heavy the sexual content is. I am not saying completely remove it, but maybe create a seperate version for a wider audience. CD Projekt Red, if you see this it would be awesome and make me the happiest choom on earth! I wish you well!

When I watched the video before "The Rescue" mission, the one with Jackie doing with him gigs and getting to know his family and friends, there was a segment where V was holding a weapon, then threw it at an enemy, staggering him in the process.

I know the game is finished, but I think it would have been cool if there had been an option to throw the weapon you hold at an enemy. As far as I can tell, there is no mod that does that.

It looked really cool. It could have worked the same way knives work, making weapons you hold without ammo, or maybe weapons with empty magazines before reloading, useful in a way. It would be different from using melee attack with the weapon you hold since this requires you getting really close to the enemy, as opposed to an attack from a distance. You can choose to go pick the weapon you just threw, or just leave it.

In addition, I think three weapon slots is kind of low. I mean, why not have five or six slots rather than three? It would be cool to have more slots for any kind of build. I like to throw knives and use melee blunt weapons for stealth attacks, and a couple of guns and a sniper rifle for ranged attacks, and with the wide array of guns and weapons available in the game, it would be useful to have more weapon slots available.
On the one hand, the idea is interesting, but on the other hand - imagine you threw Erebus at Adam Smasher and he caught it! :D

Top Bottom