Graphic downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
no ofense, but to all those people worried about downgrade, you should worry more about if wether you can actually run the game in the first place, and in acceptable good settings to enjoy it, ;) in worse case scenario, if there is a downgrade, maybe there will be an enhanced edition patch like tw2 to improve graphics and other stuff, i trust cdprojektred, they will make da game awesome in every way :)

no ofense, but to all those people worried about downgrade, you should worry more about if wether you can actually run the game in the first place, and in acceptable good settings to enjoy it, ;) in worse case scenario, if there is a downgrade, maybe there will be an enhanced edition patch like tw2 to improve graphics and other stuff, i trust cdprojektred, they will make da game awesome in every way :)

truly.. that's a point which i do not need to worry about. nevertheless it is a valid concern :)

None taken.

You're equating things that are by no means equatable.
Requirements have been made public. Everybody knows perfectly well what minimum and recommended entail. No ambiguity, no uncertainty. Nothing to worry about, just objective requirements to meet or rise up to.

On the other hand, the issue of a possible downgrade is on totally different grounds.
It's not known what ultra entails nor what it requires.
That's the engine outputting quandary.

no ofense, but to all those people worried about downgrade, you should worry more about if wether you can actually run the game in the first place

I don't worry about that in the slightest. If I can't run it well and as long the visuals warrants it I will keep upgrading my rig until I can run smoothly with all bells and whistles enabled. That is how much I love this franchise.

Amen. That's exactly what I think and been saying lately.

This downgrade is there so that every one can play it on less high tech PC,ps4 and xbo.
So,I am sure a 4k patch will come like in Middle earth SOM.

the game never was in 4k and doesn't need to be in 4k, that's just a waste of resources on added resolution no one will be able to pick up with the naked eye anyway.

but i agree with the consensus, i see no lowering in graphics.

also, most "downgrades" outside of ubisoft's blatant vertical slice practices, are just artistic and technical refinements. people just tend to think the pre-adjustment original is superior.

Jesus that fucking clickbait. I'd love to be surprised, but it's WCCFtech, really there's nothing to be surprised about at all...

Comparison Reveals Decreased Particle Effects

Oh well I guess that means there's irrefutable evid---

It might be a case of Geralt’s magic skill level though, and it could be possible that once fully upgraded, will prove as impressive as it is in the E3 2013 build.

Oh, well surely they've got some kind of interesting follow-up point whi---

CD Projekt RED has not showcased yet the game’s Ultra settings

Theoretically they aren't lying or anything, but it's just still absolute rubbish.

hope we are looking at xbox vs ultra pc

Last edited:
hope we are looking at xbox vs ultra pc

No. We are looking at old renderer vs. new renderer. Maybe even a total new build. What you see at the top is largely gone. Even the art style changed. I´m pretty sure, that on PC the footage from PaxEast will look a lot better, even "only" on HIGH settings. But I don´t share the hope, that any setting on the world will change the visual style from 2015 back to the style of 2013, so many people fell in love with at first sight.

Last hope, as far as I´m concerned: the Mod-Community.

Last edited:
No. We are looking at old renderer vs. new renderer. Maybe even a total new build. What you see at the top is largely gone. Even the art style changed.

I think you're thinking about the Debut Gameplay Trailer (E3 2013), which I don't completely blame you, the WCCF writer stated the GIF was from E3 2013 when in-fact it is from the Sword of Destiny Trainer, which was E3 2014 (Mistake, or perhaps he's just incapable of doing the most basic research).

@dasega
You are looking at Unknown VS PC.

Nobody has any clue what settings Sword of Destiny was on, whether any effects present in the Trailer have been cut or various other adjustments to the game. What we do know is the PAX Gameplay (Bottom GIF) is High PC Footage, and comparisons like the WCCF article are rubbish and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I What we do know is the PAX Gameplay (Bottom GIF) is High PC Footage, and comparisons like the WCCF article are rubbish and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Oh. Is that so? Was this really stated somethere by a trustworthy source? If this is really the case - then it´s depressing galore, regarding the state of the visuals. I´m sad.

Oh. Is that so? Was this really stated somethere by a trustworthy source? If this is really the case - then it´s depressing galore, regarding the state of the visuals. I´m sad.
That is so.
This was really stated somewhere by a trustworthy source.
This really is the case.
Sorry for the incoming depression galore and sadness regarding the state of the visuals.

https://twitter.com/Bacon_is_life/status/574285822624727040
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...Official-Gameplay-Video?p=1562118#post1562118
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...Official-Gameplay-Video?p=1562197#post1562197

https://twitter.com/Bacon_is_life/status/574285822624727040
This comment isn't aimed towards you, but I swear everywhere I look I see people claiming that PAX gameplay was on the Xbox One. The writer for that glorious comparison article even thought it was on the Xbox One.

What Im gonna do is wait until the May 19, watch the reviews, comparisons, benchmarks, and then upgrade my PC, only when I have a solid informations about the game.

I played Witcher 1 in 2008, W2 in 2011., I am reading Lady of the Lake right now, so I really loved Witcher for a long time, and a few more weeks of waiting is not a problem if I am gonna get the best experience that way. Besides I have more time to save the money for a new rig, so i could have better options.

There seems to have been a fair amount of ad-hominem attacks in the last couple of hours. Is anyone still interested in discussing whether or not there's a downgrade? Because that's the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom