Melitele's heart

+
Melitele's heart

Hey! On my second playthrough now. Was looking at a guide for the prologue to not miss anything, and I made newboy wear his armor. But I didn't get meliteles heart anyway. Is this a bug? Can i cheat to get it? Just cant stand to play the whole prologue again. (totally ocd about checking every corner for loot, so it takes along time)

You have to convince The Crinfrid Reavers to give the amulet to you during the dialog with them in the beginning of the prologue. No other way to get it as far as I know.

What eskimoe said -- instead of saying 'i don't know what kind of magic is in it, doubt it'll deflect swords and arrows' say 'it's definitely a malicious magic' and the reavers will give you the amulet as a reward/

alternatively you could kill newboy just at that last bit of the prologue where you have to get on the boat and new boy goes off to distract the guards. then you can loot his corpse and nab the amulet -- if you dont want to do the prologue again and don't care much for new boy.

If he conveniently dies you can loot his body during the siege, but you are a bad person.

If you advise them that it is malevolent/broken they'll give it to you to potentially "fix".

Otherwise you need to ... um. "arrange" for his death during your escape from the dungeons.... also not a nice choice.

He will also choose to give it to you after you get of the prison, he will even act like a distraction, So you can sneak past some guards!

He will also choose to give it to you after you get of the prison, he will even act like a distraction, So you can sneak past some guards!

Are you sure about that?
This is the option that was in the early game guides, but not actually in the game. He gives you a book on dragons instead.

Are you sure about that?
This is the option that was in the early game guides, but not actually in the game. He gives you a book on dragons instead.

Exactly, I was going by those guides doing exactly that. Cause on my first playthrough i convinced them to give it to me in the beginning. He helped me distract the guards, but didnt give me the amulet =/ Already looted all of flotsam so can't be bothered to load back. Sucks a little as it is my second playthrough, going Roche's path this time to try the "magic" path, and higher difficulty.
How much do i miss out on? I remember the quest itself to cleanse it was pretty hard on my first playthrough, but that largely due to me being new to Witcher. All those wraiths....

So what do i miss out on? was it alot of xp? The reward itself is merely a 1health regen out of combat wasn't it?

Also amazing to see so many replies so fast :p Made one post here before about an issue I have with button-clicks count twice. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...uble-in-quot-menus-quot?p=1569359#post1569359
Really annoying when i want to use the keyboard to sell stuff for instance, have to use the mouse which is much slower.

Oh and, can't wait for Witcher 3!

Are you sure about that?

It depends on your choices during conversation with the reavers.. You have to convince them it isn't strong enough to protect Newboy so they buy him some armor but do not take the amulet when/if offered by them during conversation. He will then distract the guards and give you the amelut for saving his life by convincing the reavers to get him some armor !!

Top Bottom