Militech shard isn't giving me the eddies

+
Once the Meredith Stout gave me the shard, I instantly knew I wanted to decode it for the 10K, but I never received the eddies. Quite disappointed that I didn't get the money and could've just used it for the passive way out instead. I hope this is fixed and we get our money.

did you remove malware or copy it or both ?

i still had that shard after completing Pick Up mission, and i got 10k after removing malware

Guest 4460609

Same here the game even kinda suggested I do it now by bringing up the breaching tutorial/tips when I got the shard. I broke both codes and noticed I didn't get anything from it but assumed I could after I dealt with the quest. I shot royce without handing it over, then fought my way out. Millitek lady said she liked they way I worked then dex called but I still got nothing from the chip. I then looked it up found a reddit thread about the issue most had done the same and breached it right after getting it. A few claimed to have waited and I see one person here that said they waited and still didn't get anything. I also saw mention of selling the chip then buying it back and people that tested has mixed results. I could only see the cards under the filter show all I had one called Datacard with description Militek datashard and two called hacked militek datashard. Selling any of them then buying it back will bring up the info popup like when you first got the card and if you hit Z wile its up you can breach it again but I still didn't get anything. You cant breach it from the shard menu this time since the option doesn't come back. The unhacked one will vanish from your inventory this time but I cant remember if the hacked ones vanish too. I would check but I'm playing back through the mission without hacking the card hoping I will get my 10k this time. I also tried hacking it again from two different saves one before I got the card and one shortly after I got it but get the same results three cards and no money or copy of the malware. Pretty sure I tried without making a copy of the malware too but cant remember at the moment.

Once the Meredith Stout gave me the shard, I instantly knew I wanted to decode it for the 10K, but I never received the eddies. Quite disappointed that I didn't get the money and could've just used it for the passive way out instead. I hope this is fixed and we get our money.
I think currently to get the eddies you need to decode it after the mission is over and you have the phone call with dex not before. That or perhaps you need to open the shard again? I did the decoding both before and after and got the eddies immediately only in the after scenario but I haven't got to test completing the mission with it already decoded and not using it.

Guest 4460609

The only way to open and decode it again is to sell it and buy it back. It will act like the first time you got it and bring up the message to hit Z to read the shard. This is also your only chance to decode it again because it will not be an option in the shards list in the menu. I tried this multiple times and never got any eddies. I just redid the quest waited tell after Dex calls and got the cash this time.

So there's no way to get the eddies if you just decide to crawfish Royce? I cleaned the chip for him but refused to pay him and I have the militech shard, but I can't redeem it for the eddies. Do I sell it for the eddies or is CDPR just this incompetent?

+1

I decoded it before the pick up, and didn't get the money after. It seems one has to decode it after the call with Dex. That simply have to be an oversight from the devs. I hope they fix it, because it makes no sense. It's the same datashard, whether you decode it before or after, the outcome shouldn't be different.
Post automatically merged:

The only way to open and decode it again is to sell it and buy it back. It will act like the first time you got it and bring up the message to hit Z to read the shard. This is also your only chance to decode it again because it will not be an option in the shards list in the menu. I tried this multiple times and never got any eddies. I just redid the quest waited tell after Dex calls and got the cash this time.

Thanks for the tip, I will try that (y)

same here: got chip from corpo chica and hacked it before to enter Maelstrom base (with success on both goals: remove malware and copy it) but didnt get 10K eds, not right after hack, not after mission completion, so now i have 3 militech datashards in inventory.. hope CDPR is watching this forum too and not only how their stock fall on market and will retro fix this bug and refund those who hacked chip that way with 10K, because this is very important on that stage of the game.. not to mention what it is important what game should work normaly right from the beginning..

Last edited:

How does a person sell a shard? My shards don't show up in my inventory all-items list when I'm selling items to the terminal.

How does a person sell a shard? My shards don't show up in my inventory all-items list when I'm selling items to the terminal.

You have to click on the last tab/category in the barter menu, it will then show all your inventory. I tried to sell and buy it back, but it didn't help me. I got to do the hacking again, but it didn't release the money...

(Before selling it, I saw that I actually had 3 shards from Militech in my inventory, one untampered (original), pluss two hacked... I find this odd. Selling and buying back the original, was the only thing that initated another go at hacking)

Same issue here as well. First time around I only removed the virus right when I got the chip from Stout, went and killed all the Maelstrom without giving them the chip. Completed the mission and received nothing at all at any point.

After that I loaded up an old save just before I got the chip. That time I removed AND replicated the virus, replayed the missions the same way I did before and still received nothing.

Not sure if they'd be able to retroactively give eddies to those that didn't get them, but I hope they fix it ASAP.

oddly, i had this in my inventory long after i finished that mission, even though i gave it to them with the malware on it. so i just hacked it now and got the money. But my question is since i allways do this what exactly is this "datamine copy malware" like what is the malware that i get a copy of?

oddly, i had this in my inventory long after i finished that mission, even though i gave it to them with the malware on it. so i just hacked it now and got the money. But my question is since i allways do this what exactly is this "datamine copy malware" like what is the malware that i get a copy of?
Just had the exact same thing happen, fought the Royce boss so I know I handed it over to him. Quite a bit later in the game I checked my shards menu and saw that I had the Militech shard. Decrypted it and got the 10,000 dollars. Not exactly sure how or why this happened but it's interesting that it happened to both of us.

EDIT: Just found this video which seems to explain why we still have the shard. He says you pick it up off of Royce when you kill him although I watched some clips and it isn't in Royce's inventory. However, we now have three corroborating testimonies of peopole getting it back while doing the Royce bossfight path so either we picked it up somewhere or it gets automatically added to our inventory.

After doing a bit of digging I think I've solved how it all works, correct me if I got something wrong. So if you decode the chip before doing the Maelstrom mission you don't get the money, period. The (sort of dumb) reason is because the game wants to let you to use the money that's on the chip, now without a virus, to buy the robot from Royce, not to keep the money for yourself. Not sure if it's intended for you to be able to keep the money or not (by decoding it beforehand and not using it to pay Royce) but in the game's current state you can't. If you keep the chip, with the virus still on it, and never hand it over either by killing/incapacitating Royce or paying him out of your own pocket, and then decode it after the mission you should get the money (V will talk to Dex about keeping the money on the phone). If you give the chip to Royce with the virus still on it, he will insert it into the computer shutting down their systems then you will have to fight him as a boss fight. At some point while fighting your way out either you pick up the chip, or the game automatically adds it to your inventory. I think it's the second one because I have no evidence of the first. (I am not sure if you are even technically supposed to get the chip back if you hand it over to Royce virus and all, but in the games current state you do) Hopefully this helps everyone lol.

Last edited:
Obviously a bug as I've decoded the chip right after getting it and at the end V even says to Dex "Decided to keep the eddies for myself" But I still don't get a dime off it.

There's different hacks you can do to the chip. Copying malware gives you a quickhack. If you want the eddys, you need to hit multiple codes or just go for the cash.

Top Bottom