Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the documents were new and accurate CDPR (or anyone else) certainly shouldn't be giving in to extortion.
IMHO the best thing CDPR could do is let them publish whatever they want and continue to remain silent. Because even denying them gives them some credibility.

WalteriusMaximus;n8842540 said:

A man can dream, that this hack/leak is the start of a smart marketing campaign, but then again.. years of zero information can start to play games with one's mind, make him see things that aren't there.

VitaminDust;n8842690 said:
A man can dream, that this hack/leak is the start of a smart marketing campaign, but then again.. years of zero information can start to play games with one's mind, make him see things that aren't there.

You mean it's not really the illuminati behind all this? :sleepy:

VitaminDust;n8842230 said:
What if this "unidentified individual" will show up at E3, showing the world a new trailer

Well maybe if the individual didn't work for CDPR then that'd be crazy.

But if it was just a play made by CD Projekt then wouldn't that take away their integrity and professionalism? They formally mentioned the leaks via twitter, if that is true and they'd leaked it intentionally the world would see them with a bad eye. If they did it on porpouse, they should keep it to themselves ;)

I totally disagree if this leak turned out to be a marketing play i dont think it would tarnish their image one bit. It would show creativity and a commitment to the game world they habe created. I wish more studios woulf do reveals like that as it adds to the whole immersion to the game. Now im not saying that getting hacked is ok or anything but i def dont think it would negatively impact their image. I think thats a bit of overreaction my friend. But hey your entitled to your own opinion. As the great peter griffin once said:

"though i dont agree with what youve said here today sir, i will defend to the death your right to say it."

DarthRaver8686;n8845400 said:
I totally disagree if this leak turned out to be a marketing play i dont think it would tarnish their image one bit. It would show creativity and a commitment to the game world they habe created. I wish more studios woulf do reveals like that as it adds to the whole immersion to the game. Now im not saying that getting hacked is ok or anything but i def dont think it would negatively impact their image. I think thats a bit of overreaction my friend. But hey your entitled to your own opinion. As the great peter griffin once said:

"though i dont agree with what youve said here today sir, i will defend to the death your right to say it."

I completely disagree. A stunt like this would be called "effing with your fans". This is simply not something CDPR would do.

Someone stole their stuff, tried to threaten them with a ransom, they refused to give in and made it public. Why has this turned into such a conspiracy theory???

WalteriusMaximus;n8845440 said:
I completely disagree. A stunt like this would be called "effing with your fans". This is simply not something CDPR would do.

Someone stole their stuff, tried to threaten them with a ransom, they refused to give in and made it public. Why has this turned into such a conspiracy theory???

1) They said they want to surprise everyone with the marketing for CP2077 ...this goes in line with that 2) Hacking goes hand in hand with the game itself 3) It happened(or at least they told us abt it)mere days before E3

Edo34;n8845630 said:
1) They said they want to surprise everyone with the marketing for CP2077 ...this goes in line with that 2) Hacking goes hand in hand with the game itself 3) It happened(or at least they told us abt it)mere days before E3

Highly implausible that this is the best they can come up with to surprise us. I'm just not buying it. It is juvenile and silly. Besides, this is not the first time cyber thieves have stolen stuff and then demand ransoms from game companies. I'm betting it's the same sorry shits doing it now as well.

Edo34;n8845630 said:

4) The "leaked" stuff is early concept designs of the game, therefore having no high impact in the game's reputation while also gaining quite an amount of attention from the media and the gaming community, something that wasn't happening before the "leaks"

5) Something similar happened to Wild Hunt a year before the release (maybe they have already used this strategy)

6) The "hacks" didn't leaked it until now even though CDPR already stated that they won't pay the ransom

7) My uncle works at CDPR and he told me it's all true:grunt:

Last edited:
DarthRaver8686;n8845400 said:

It's risky to play with the gaming community like that. That's probably something we both can agree on.

I can agree with that totally. The point i was trying to make is that the way this whole dev has been so secretive it wouldnt surprise me if they tried to do somethinf unique such as this. Maybe certain people would be upset about but theyd get over it...people are not going to stoo buying cdprs games because they wanted to do a unique reveal that got the attention of the gaming community in an unconventional way.

WalteriusMaximus;n8845440 said:

Didn't they announce it some time ago that GOG is shutting down, and that turned out to be a marketing stunt?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ual-cyberpunks
"UPDATE 9TH JUNE: CD Projekt Red has reported the theft as a crime in Poland, suggesting this is not, as some have claimed, a marketing ploy.

"District Public Prosecutor's Office for Warsaw (Praga Północ) received an offence notification from CD Projekt Red," prosecutor Renata Mazur said - translation provided by Eurogamer Poland. "It's too early for any information.""
Fucking hell, it's The Witcher 3 all over again only bigger this time. Considering that anything is gonna leak through some 4chan or other internet board.

metalmaniac21;n8846200 said:
"UPDATE 9TH JUNE: CD Projekt Red has reported the theft as a crime in Poland, suggesting this is not, as some have claimed, a marketing ploy.
"suggesting this is not, as some have claimed, a marketing ploy"
"suggesting"

what is forging a crime

If this is truly not a marketing stunt, it feels weird for me to want to ransom out of date concept art, or make a public statement that you are being ransomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom