Play History Not Interacting with Card Chaining

+
Play History Not Interacting with Card Chaining

It's a minor thing when you're knowledgeable about the game, but for new players especially, this should be taken into account: as of now there's no way for the card play history to track cards being played as a result of a prior effect - for example, King of Beggars into Priscilla into Alzur's Thunder. Suddenly, your opponent has played two units and you've lost 7 strength in the blink of an eye, assuming you weren't watching the screen intently (the animations are rather quick). If you mouse over the history, you would simply see "King of Beggars". Additionally, this is a little off-topic but an issue nonetheless since we're talking about Alzur's Thunder; I've seen it and cards like it (Manticore Venom, Lacerate, e.t.c.) simply not show up as being played on the screen with a flash of the card, but instead just firing off the effect. This can be very disorienting if, again, you're staring off the screen during your opponent's turn, or even for a brief moment, because you didn't even see an indication that something was played.

Otherwise, loving this so far!

yeah playing a single card can resolve a whole ton of effects in Gwent in a single turn and not displaying it whole seriously reduces the value of having the play history

on the other hand I can imagine that putting all the "EM > FL > Rally > EM > FL > Rally > EM > FL > Rally > Vrihedd officer > Show values of units damaged/buffed" chain into cards played history would likely look really clunky

Lexandre;n8198200 said:
on the other hand I can imagine that putting all the "EM > FL > Rally > EM > FL > Rally > EM > FL > Rally > Vrihedd officer > Show values of units damaged/buffed" chain into cards played history would likely look really clunky
True. I'm not sure how exactly it could look with that many potential outcomes... maybe mousing over the Elven Mercenary in the play history (using your example) could send out a graphic of chained cards. Or for now (it takes time to make new graphics), they can make it so when you click on it a menu will pop up like when you mulligan/resurrect where you can scroll through what was played.

In-Game History Bar Update

Hello.

We have a game history bar on left side (not sure is it true name, which appears when click TAB buton in match) It's good but i think it's not enough.

Gwent has been more interactive game until Witcher 3. For example, you play Sage from your hand, play Alzur's Thunder from your graveyard and kill some unit from opponents board. Or more complex scenario, you'll play John Nathalis, it calls Reinforcement, you'll play Prince Stennis from it and Stennis pulls something from your deck. When you play this, if your opponent didn't see while it's happening and she/he is new, it's too hard to understand. It's actually hard for old players too.

My suggestion for this, left bar can show all cards like Hearthstone's style. Example for Natalis combo, game can show with little arrows the combo. When you're on the history bar and the mouse on the Natalis, other cards will appear on the right half sized.

Here is the thing from Hearthstone.

Thanks for listening us.

Attachments

• photo168001.png
    photo168001.png
    504.4 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom