(Poll)Gnomes, halflings (hobbits) and female dwarves in The Witcher 3?

+

(Poll)Gnomes, halflings (hobbits) and female dwarves in The Witcher 3?

• Total voters
I don't know if it has been said but given that the North is at war, we can fairly assume that gnomes might be quite busy and do prefer to stay in the warmth of their forges (in Mahakam for example).

Free City of Novigrad is one of the biggest habitats of gnomes, except mountain ranges of Mahakam and Tir Tochair.

Free City of Novigrad is one of the biggest habitats of gnomes, except mountain ranges of Mahakam and Tir Tochair.

I did not remember the mention of gnomes from the Eternal Fire short story set in Novigrad, if mentionned, my bad.
On the other hand, given the numerous pogroms against non-humans, as a gnome I would totally flee Novigrad for my people in the mountains...

Halflings in game

I am not sure if this has been spoken about as yet, but I was watching the Polish 32 minute playthrough and I noticed there are short folk with no shoes and brown furry feet. I might be wrong and they could just be bare footed dwarves but I hope not.
They appear at times:
1:10-1:13
1:40-1:42
2:28
4:30
4:35-4:38
4:50
I was honestly surprised to hear that halflings existed in the Witcher world when I started reading Blood of Elves as I had never heard of the books before the games came out, I am very happy to have them in game to more realistically represent Novigraad, now we just need some gnomes, which if my searches are anywhere near truthful suggest that there are none.

According to short-story "Wieczny Ogien" ("The Eternal Fire") there are many gnomes living in Novigrad.

Last edited:
Glad to see this thread is still active. Well I voted yes (obviously) way back when...

I think it would be good seeing more diversity in Witcher 3. Not only morally, with the black, grayish and white spectrum we're used to, but also culturally. I hope elves and dwarves are treated better in Novigrad, Redania than in Vizima, Temeria, not living in ghettos, or being executed like they were in Kaedwen.

There's also another side to this. I know I for one would be taken aback by learning that the murderous villain leaving a trail of corpses in Novigrad docks would turn out to be a gnome or a halfling. I gladly admit being biased towards halflings and gnomes, believing them too good and wise to be evil. But of course there are all kinds of people in the Witcher universe. Hope the devs take it all into account. :happy:

Top Bottom