[POLL] What faction ban request will flood forum next?

+

[POLL] What faction ban request will flood forum next?

• Monsters

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Nilfgaard (again)

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Northern Realms

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Scoia'Tael

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Skellige (encore)

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • All neutral cards

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Shop troll, because I... AM A MAN!!!

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters
Snake_Foxhounder;n9037920 said:
So I wasn't imagining things. While I didn't see Radovid, I started noticing more NR decks that play with small, buffable units, essentially robbing monsters or NG of good graveyard resurrects. With Dandelion buffing witchers and Neneke putting them back in the deck for round 3.

Ya these decks are becoming REALLY common as they're incredibly effective against SK. Which is actually why people need to calm down and wait things out, eventually the meta reacts and things evolve. Honestly I'm pretty sure where I am I'm seeing a pretty good balance of SK, Monsters (Weather mostly), Scoi'Spell decks, and NR. The odd NG who are doing interesting things also comes along every now and then.

Moridin2244;n9038130 said:
Which is actually why people need to calm down and wait things out, eventually the meta reacts and things evolve. Honestly I'm pretty sure where I am I'm seeing a pretty good balance of SK, Monsters (Weather mostly), Scoi'Spell decks, and NR. The odd NG who are doing interesting things also comes along every now and then.

Amen to that.

Nilf will be top. Monster never will. Their units are jusr bad and asking to get scorched and speciald. Nilf can keep up with nr value easily even though they buff and armor.

It really depends on the patch notes.

Yeah, SK will be nerfed, but who can predict if they dont get another gamebreaking buff to compensate for the nerfs? You can expect anything from cdpr.

CDPR should just fire their whole balance team (Do they even got one? Can't tell...) and just hire the top 5 Gwent streamers from twitch. I swear swim, nox and the others would create a better balanced game within a week than CDPR managed in the entirety of CB and probably will in OP

Rawls;n8983030 said:
I voted for all of them. It seems we normally have simultaneous OP threads about all the factions.
Sadly, I think this thread pretty much sums up the state of the game. I've been here since day 1 of closed beta, and it's been like this since the very beginning. X mechanic/faction/card is interesting, people complain about X, X gets nerfed, people complain about Y, and so on until the end of time.

Eventually (hopefully), they'll decide it's stable enough and they can start adding answers with new content instead of nerfs.

Honestly I hope they don't go overboard with the nerfs this time. SK is OP but because of how all their tools work together. Just nerf one of it should see some more balance, not like how they nerf every good tools in NG.

Im thinking it will all come down to whether or not weather mechanics are changed. That ll ought shake things up quite a bit.

panerola;n8982580 said:
Please nerf the Troll, it's been ages since I see a legendary! This shop game is too hard for me!:stoptrolling:

After the last patch it does seem like pulling gold cards has become a lot less frequent. CD..... did you guys pull a fast one here?

ConradBones1;n9044850 said:
After the last patch it does seem like pulling gold cards has become a lot less frequent. CD..... did you guys pull a fast one here?
I know it is random, but lately the legendary drop seems very bad for me. I guess somebody is pretty lucky to compensate!

I don't think the meta could change again without card adjustments, simply put NR has very few counters outside NG and some ST, which seem to be weak other than that they do have answers. SK and monster are simply slower at putting down points on the table than NR is and that being NR is more resistant to weather. If for whatever reason NG or ST becomes more prominent but I don't think they will because they are weak in nature against the deck choices that aren't being played then you'll just see the cycle repeat itself in that monster and skellige have their chance in the sun then NR comes back in and then once again same situation. I think if SK received on average a 5-8 point across the three rounds nerf and NR sees a nerf in the 8-10 point range, then the game would be on a pretty balanced level. In a game where there are only 6 factions (including neutral), and only about 100 cards in each, while some cards are not super viable right now, it's pretty easy to determine the future of the meta. I think this should be your last nerf and then roll the new cards out because the current card pool is becoming stale. When you bring out the next batch of cards and they make more of the nonviable cards usable then well you're going to have a very fun time balancing that.

Last edited:
Hopefully all 5 as that would indicate that some semblance of decent balance had been attained.

panerola;n9047980 said:
I know it is random, but lately the legendary drop seems very bad for me. I guess somebody is pretty lucky to compensate!

I stopped getting good kegs once I hit lvl 30. I also got a foltest for it. It wouldn't surprise me if they play with card drop rates, CDPR will of course fervently deny it however.

Redcoat2012;n9048440 said:
I stopped getting good kegs once I hit lvl 30. I also got a foltest for it. It wouldn't surprise me if they play with card drop rates, CDPR will of course fervently deny it however.
This is not exactly how statistics work, but never mind. If they drop the legendary rates, they also increased the rewards for scraping common and rare cards, which makes a more homogeneous scrap rewards for all players. Just RNG sometimes seems "unfair":cirisad:

Seems like I was almost correct. They destroyed monsters already.
Frost = useless
Hound = -1 strength + useless frost
Caleano Harpy = -1 AGAIN

Caranthir = +2 BUT pull 3 into useless frost
Succubus = Opponent gets 2 turns to counter disloyal gold

Top Bottom