Succubus

+
Succubus

So i have been paying this fiery redhead since the patch. I must say,she is just like a real women..she can make you,or she can break you. HA

With that said.. lets not talk about how great she can be...lets talk about the way she can CRUSH your spirit .
I usually play with Renew ..but i have found that too many times these 2 gold combos really fall flat on their face in certain situations and can be down right irritating

Question.. would this card be considered to overpowered if it could also be used as a 10pt card on my side.. 'IF' there is no other use.. cause i really have to admit i love this card..but as it is the way it is.. it just dont work out a lot of the times..i have noticed she ends up being the last card that i submit on and leave out of the game completely.renew is kind of the same card if you dont draw a gold card in the first and second round..only to get one in the third,,rendering it useless...now to have 2 in the deck...well someone has got to go ..maybe even both

Is there other gold cards in this game that end up being completely useless? Since i play monsters only..im not sure about it..
because if there isnt.. then Succubus needs re worked .. i hate to leave her out of my deck​

Yeah, I got her out of a keg ( lucky me I thought). Included her in a deck to try her out.

"Ok, shit, if I play her, the enemy wins, not me "

eh ? She's WAAAAAY to situational to work, so I don't use her in any deck anymore.

I disagree with the sheep. Succubi give and take. If you could play Succubus as a loyal unit you would simply place her on an empty row of yours and therefore negate its effect. So you take and retain.

Yeah, she is quite risky and I would never play her in combo with Renew, it is OK to have one risky gold but two is really too much. As for buffing her, I'm not so sure, she is one of those high risk, high rewards cards and if you make her just high reward no risk, she could become quite broken really fast. I played with her a lot on high rank and she is super strong against current top ST deck - dwarves, against other monster and against skellige wound. I eventually removed her because she is terrible against radovid control, but if this deck would not be so popular on top rank. And even against Radovid I was able to steal Octivist sometimes, which is OK in my opinion. But I really did not like that if you play with her and Avallach who is autoinclude, you have 2 golds that are significantly weaker against NR.

Isi23_23;n7790880 said:
Yeah, she is quite risky and I would never play her in combo with Renew, it is OK to have one risky gold but two is really too much. As for buffing her, I'm not so sure, she is one of those high risk, high rewards cards and if you make her just high reward no risk, she could become quite broken really fast. I played with her a lot on high rank and she is super strong against current top ST deck - dwarves, against other monster and against skellige wound. I eventually removed her because she is terrible against radovid control, but if this deck would not be so popular on top rank. And even against Radovid I was able to steal Octivist sometimes, which is OK in my opinion. But I really did not like that if you play with her and Avallach who is autoinclude, you have 2 golds that are significantly weaker against NR.

My suggestion would be:

Succubus could lose 5 strength if she doesn't get food after two turns :). If you play her loyally that nerfs her (even if you use her with a 1 strength unit on your side, you lose two Strength). And this mechanic kinda would make sense for such a creature.

She defitnaly shines playing against axemen and more importantly Nilfgaard..

I just didn't know if there were other faction specific gold cards..that are at such risk of being useless a lot of the times.

Thanks for the thoughts.. some good ideas.
Maybe the devs felt that the card has such a great reward that it needs an even downside..

On another note...the boards have been invaded latley 8 (

There's many reasons Succubus should be reworked.
Even in current meta which embracing buffing units very much it's too situational.
Gold slot should be sure benefit.
It's not playable now, because other gold MO cards are better balanced (not risky like Succub)

Nevertheless CDPR should change cards with small steps (in this case and any other).
Making it loyal/disloyal would be wrong, it would be very powerful game changer against buffing decks and reasonably good (gold 10 strength) against all others.
So it quickly would become a "must have in your MO deck" in this situation.
Reducing Succubus strength only would make it even more crazy powerful against buffed units and still useless in other situations.

Better option would be:
1. Make Succubus 5 strength.
2. Don't mess with loyalty/disloyalty
3. Leave ability: After 2 turns, move the strongest other non-Gold unit on the row to the other side (ties are resolved randomly).
4. Add to ability: Set moved this way unit's strength to 7.

Effect:
In good scenario, when you steal this way 20 strength unit, you give 5 points to opponent, steal 20 and it gives you 7 on your side. Whole play gives you +22 points (now it's +30)
In average scenario, when you steal 10 str unit, you give 5 to opponent, steal 10, it gives you 7 on your side, whole play gives you +12 points (now it's +10)
In bad scenario, when you can steal only some poor unit e.g. 4 str unit, whole play still gives you +6 points (now it's -2)
And If you can't move any unit to your side it is -5 points for you instead of -10.

That's a balance. And it's lore-friendly, because Succubus limits seduced unit's power.

Last edited:
TheShift;n7787340 said:
Is there other gold cards in this game that end up being completely useless?
They actually have a club aboard the wild boar of the sea. Venerable members are Draug, Heimdall with his pal Kambi and one Philippa Eileheart. While i was actually glad to see Succubus at first, since having all-male club (Phillipa is probably the manliest of them all) is boring, i would be quite upset getting her out of the keg. Shouldnt she be there, doing absolutely nothing at all?
I dont mind niche cards with cool unreliable effects, but why not just leave them at silver? So they will be a tech choise to surprise your opponent, not a waste of a gold slot where all the best stuff goes.

My best game with her so far, Opponent had a 20pt something {i think} buffed card in which she swapped and then vran ate..​

Succubus is already strong as she is. CD Projekt nerfing her str is even worst now since she can be killed by radovid. And yes she is strong not only because she destroy your opponent but she also buff you. So you get double the advantage. For example, if Igni destroy a card with 20 str your total STR gain from this is 20 + 4. If Succubus seduce a 20 STR card you get 20 + 20 - 8. The first 20 from enemy losing his unit, the 2nd 20 from you gaining it and the 8 is from succubus strength.

To give you at least a 12 str advantage the succubus need to only seduce a 10 str card, that is very2 easy to do. Why 12 STR advantage you say? Because Geralt is a gold card that has 12 STR, and 12 str is generally the highest str for a card in Gwent that can be achieved without any additional condition. I know that Hjalmar and Tibor can gain up to 22 str, but they need special condition to achieve this much str.

leonardo_santoso;n7843270 said:
Succubus is already strong as she is. CD Projekt nerfing her str is even worst now since she can be killed by radovid.

How useful was Succubus against typical Radovid decks before the fix?

devivre;n7844300 said:
How useful was Succubus against typical Radovid decks before the fix?

Lol you're right there, since Radovid deck does not typically buff bronze or silver unit :D. Oh well the reduce to 8 also means that the enemy get less STR so I'm happy either way.

How well does she compare to Bekker's twisted mirror?
If you play Bekker, it means you have a low str unit, say 1, and you'll get (max-1) more STR from it, the opponnet losing as much, where STR is the opponnent's highest strength, including gold cards.
So +2STR-2, at the cost of having a 1 str/smallest unit stron the board.
Succubus gives you +2STR-8 but she's got a timer and doesn't target gold units. She gives you whoever you stole's special ability, however.

So she's about 6 points weaker than Bekker's twisted mirror, and both easier to play and to counter (end your turn, kill her with Radovid, send her away with Eithne...).
Her real strongpoint is to take away another card's special ability.

Is the 2 turn delay + 6 points difference justified wrt allowing to get a special ability and slightly easier deployment?

She feels weaker than Bekker's twisted mirror to me.

How well does she compare to Bekker's twisted mirror?

It's true that in a glance Bekkers has the better raw power since it can't be countered. But don't forget that Bekker's swap the strongest and weakest unit. Meaning you can't have the strongest unit in play and the enemy can't have a unit that is weaker than yours. Even if you both have a unit that has a STR of 1, Bekker's still has a chance to misfire.
So the question is whether having 2 card as a counter is considered superior compared to the prerequisite that bekker's has.

BTW, I do agree that Bekker's shouldn't be able to target gold card. There are only 4 gold card that can have a high STR at the moment (letho, kayran, tibor, hjalmar) But still getting bekker's once you have one of that gold card in play is heart breaking. On the other hand, Bekker's goes great with a Letho combo if you used it on the opponent side :)

Shes still very viable .. love her to death ... much better than twisted mirror

Last edited:
Top Bottom