The boss level

+
Never finished ALpha Protocol. because it blue screened my system hard. Had to wipe it.

And I liked David Sarif!

He kept calling me, "son". It felt very homey to a little lost cyborg...

ME2 was pretty awful in terms of gameplay - waist high cover everywhere, Force powers reduced so shoot and scoot was the typical way to fight..

I liked Jack a lot though.

Forum veteran
Never finished ALpha Protocol. because it blue screened my system hard. Had to wipe it.
Was that before or after the 1.1 patch that stripped out the DRM? I think the DRM was responsible for a lot of people's weird issues like that.

So many good ideas buried under questionable gameplay design.
Yeah, but if you bring lots of EMPs to circumvent all of the minigames (which I think you can do with a single point put into Sabotage) the game's actually pretty smooth, omnipotence of the pistol aside.

Probably before 1.1

It blue screened me so hard, I had to do an OS reinstall. Too bad - I was 80% done or something. I'll finish it later.

I liked Alpha Protocol even if gameplay was rather unbalanced. I could ghost kill room full of enemies in the end and was really in trouble when I was forced to do long range gun fight in the end. Also that Russian boss was really hard since I chose to go Russia first.

Also I actually didn't see any of the conversation options I just saw all those "balls" for options and wondered that this conversation system ain't that great since I don't know what I'm choosing. Later learned that it was actually anti-aliasing that made conversation options to dissappear :D Luckily I had learned to know which was jerk answer etc so I managed rather well :p

I had boxed copy bought and wanted to play it again after patch 1.1. Well everytime I install 1.1 it brakes the game and it gives error when starting. Also now I have used all my 5 installs so I can't install it again. And that drm reset thing on Sega's site didn't work either :(

Now I wanna play it again...damn :( Perhaps the worst case I've encountered how drm fucks up paying customer. Maybe I should try find a bloody torrent for it :)

Forum veteran
I had boxed copy bought and wanted to play it again after patch 1.1. Well everytime I install 1.1 it brakes the game and it gives error when starting. Also now I have used all my 5 installs so I can't install it again. And that drm reset thing on Sega's site didn't work either :(
There are multiple versions of the 1.1 patch for different region versions of the game (a US and "rest of world" patch, as memory serves), and it's easy to accidentally download and install the wrong version. Totally breaks the game if you get the wrong one, but I seem to remember that it's possible to download the right one and overwrite the wrong one without any need to uninstall anything.

It's been awhile and all of that is going off of memory, but I usually have a pretty good memory. Like an elephant. A slightly alcoholic elephant who is sometimes a bit fuzzy on things.

Ok thanks for the info. I usually pay attention to those things, but who knows if I have just entered wrong region site and the patch didn't say what it is for. And of course I didn't read the "read me" :p

I liked Alpha Protocol even if gameplay was rather unbalanced. I could ghost kill room full of enemies in the end and was really in trouble when I was forced to do long range gun fight in the end. Also that Russian boss was really hard since I chose to go Russia first.

Also I actually didn't see any of the conversation options I just saw all those "balls" for options and wondered that this conversation system ain't that great since I don't know what I'm choosing. Later learned that it was actually anti-aliasing that made conversation options to dissappear :D Luckily I had learned to know which was jerk answer etc so I managed rather well :p

Now I wanna play it again...damn :( Perhaps the worst case I've encountered how drm fucks up paying customer. Maybe I should try find a bloody torrent for it :)

Brayko boss fight had best boss fight soundtrack I ever heard. Ahhh Vice city...

Somehow i get the feeling that while a "Boss" in Night city will usually either be a cybered up gang leader or a Yuppie corp hiding behind an army of solos. That the more traditional game bosses will be encountered on the Net.

so far in this thread the thinking has been that you will infiltrate the building and kill the leader. But we have been neglecting the Rouge AI's and data fortresses that play a major part in the PnP game and is more then likely part of the main plot. (search Cyberpunk 2077 BrainDancing) These data fortresses can be anything really from a recreation of Disneyland, to a recreation of night city. I imagine the shielded, bullet sponge, hit the the glowing red dot, bosses to be frequent here, as apposed to the more fragile fleshy ones in the real world

Btw, i should check the book first but i think the closest things to what you refer as shielded, bullet sponge or fragile enemies or bosses are included in two major ai categories known as monsters and bots (ie evil humanoids). Anything marketed as smarter than that usually make use of exploits if not cheats, so there's a limit to what enemies you can meet in these "recreations" if i get what datafortresses are

Somehow i get the feeling that while a "Boss" in Night city will usually either be a cybered up gang leader or a Yuppie corp hiding behind an army of solos. That the more traditional game bosses will be encountered on the Net.

so far in this thread the thinking has been that you will infiltrate the building and kill the leader. But we have been neglecting the Rouge AI's and data fortresses that play a major part in the PnP game and is more then likely part of the main plot. (search Cyberpunk 2077 BrainDancing) These data fortresses can be anything really from a recreation of Disneyland, to a recreation of night city. I imagine the shielded, bullet sponge, hit the the glowing red dot, bosses to be frequent here, as apposed to the more fragile fleshy ones in the real world
Not a bad idea. Bosses in the net...

How the hell did none of us think of that first?

Btw, i should check the book first but i think the closest things to what you refer as shielded, bullet sponge or fragile enemies or bosses are included in two major ai categories known as monsters and bots (ie evil humanoids). Anything marketed as smarter than that usually make use of exploits if not cheats, so there's a limit to what enemies you can meet in these "recreations" if i get what datafortresses are

Think of the NET as being a bit like the origional Tron movie. A Datafortress is a bit like a building, (or at least some form of organised space,) which is basically a visual representation of a LAN Network, (or even just a single storage device,) that is connected to the NET. Various files, programs and utilities are stored within them, though it is the programs that are dangerous.

Programs can look like just about anything, ranging from simple 2D flat shapes right up to super realistic forms. The Data Krash activation program was a 3D clowns head and it was activated by fishing around in its nose for snot... (No one can say Rache didn't have a sense of humour...) Programs do everything. Defense, attack, file reading, stealth, alarms, barriers, the works. A boss in the NET would be a program, most probably a Black ICE program, (a program capable of killing NetRunners it attacks - not just their 'avatar', but actually killing them for real.) Even other NetRunners would be useless without their own programs. Without programs, a runner can't really do anything other than read open files and access open data.

Top Bottom