The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+

Jupiter_on_Mars

I love TW2. But the profusion of invisible walls can drive the sanest man mad.
In my opinion Open World is the natural progression. Just for the love of everything sacred, kill all but the strictly necessary invisible walls

I love TW2. But the profusion of invisible walls can drive the sanest man mad.
In my opinion Open World is the natural progression. Just for the love of everything sacred, kill all but the strictly necessary invisible walls
Funny you mention that, CDPredators mentioned there will be almost no invisible walls.

As stated in my signature...

Combat Log.
(for people who don't know, it's that thing on the bottom right)

The xbox360 did not have this, and in no way would I ever want all this crap in my field of view in TW3.
Ever;)

I really, really, REALLY hope there'll be an option to turn of motion blur. I hate it, it really makes me dizzy and like all games sport it. But I figure it will be an option nontheless. And an FoV slider, but that has probably been mentioned before.

I really, really, REALLY hope there'll be an option to turn of motion blur. I hate it, it really makes me dizzy and like all games sport it. But I figure it will be an option nontheless. And an FoV slider, but that has probably been mentioned before.
I like motion blur if it is done right. I think Tomb Raider and Red Dead did a good job. I'm sorry you get dizzy from it, get well soon.;)

Nope not on 360, only the PC had the option to turn it on and off.
We didn't have it on screen, it was in the in game pause menu where I think it should be.

Interesting. I think it should be on toggle but also in the menu like old school RPG's used to do. You could look up your last 20 fights or so and analyze the info for adjusting strategy. CDPR really hamstrung their system by not implementing the combat log correctly. This notion of reading it on the fly in an action RPG is absurd. You don't have time to read anything while your fighting in real time.

I found it extremely useful when determining critical effects caused by Geralt - something that I did need to see in real-time. A combat log history would be nice, but a real-time one is more important.

If that was motion blur, then what do you call the blur effect when Geralt really got going with his combos? If you scored enough hits, there was also a blur effect, but it seemed to center around him.

Okay.. I don't like the effect when Geralt swings his sword in TW2. It looks kinda stupid as if they added some glowing orange color and sharp lines to it.
Anyways...
I just got done playing Dragon's Dogma again about 5 mins ago just to look at this very thing in fact.
Hands down Dragon's Dogma wins for best looking motion blur effects while sword fighting no matter what.
CDPR so needs to learn from these guys because it is Perfect-A-Mondo.
I remember the leaked footage from last E3, when geralt was attacking the wolves and it still looked as crappy as TW2.
I am not at all saying I can't live with it, I just don't think the sword should be glowing like that unless its magic.
It kinda reminds me of the Yrden Sign, those effects are just bleh and I strongly dislike the sharp zig-zag lines look of that too.
Serious.. If you want, go take a closer look at how bad ass the motion blur is when you swing your sword in that almost legendary game called Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

I say straight up steal or be inspired, but with less over the top flash unless it calls for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom