Theory regarding quest The Bastion... and VESEMIR !! :O

+

In case you need a quick reminder of just HOW he looks AND talks, here it be:

There are several instances of this quest where you can clearly hear the Witcher trainer's commandeering and grave... veteran voice.

What is more: You can even catch brief and incomplete glimpses of his visage, in the form of a ghost.

What is remarkable about it is the HUGE black mustache and very prominent FOREHEAD.

When I combined in my head the image of this particular figure's face, ALONG with the associated voice-over act of the character...

...I HAVE REACHED THE CONCLUSION THAT THIS MUST BE A YOUNGER VERSION OF ... VESEMIR !!

"BUT WAIT ... !!" --
you'll say -- "IT'S NOT A CLOSE-ENOUGH MATCH TO HIS IN-GAME CHARACTER MODEL'S FACE !! ;
AND -- IF IT WERE MEANT TO BE ONE, THEN CDPR WOULD HAVE SURELY MADE IT MORE OBVIOUS ?!"

And you'd be... CORRECT to go along that line of thinking...

BUT...

1) CDPR have a way of revealing certain aspects of its games' lore to us gradually, subtly and ... through indirect means...

2) There's another depiction of Vesemir within the actual game... which is NOT his in-game model...

It's... This -- image of him during the game's loading screens after you transform Uma into his TRUE form .

NOW it's CLEAR. :)

P.S. Of course, there should always be at least a bit of uncertainty left:
Like, for example: How come no one else's figured this until now,
when there've been countless of content creators online who've dissected this game detail-by-detail ever since release?
That's why I can never be 100% sure that the ghost IS indeed Vesemir...
Tho I am 10000% sure about this: His voice actor is THE SAME as Vesemir's! >=)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom