Valheim

+
I watched only a bit at the beginning. Don't want to spoil myself too much :D Can't wait to get more Valheim!

Still getting the feeling that I may not be a huge fan of the new biome, but if it gives us as cool things as last one did, I'm all ready for the adventure!
Yeah, I can't wait either :D
Also watched a bit, and from what I understood, some new mobs (twitchers) will be rather annoying a bit like greydwarfs. But greydwarfs already are really, really annoying! Even end game when they deal no damage and die in one hit, they never stop spawning and come to harass you...
Not sure I'll enjoy the new biome either... But who know, maybe it might turn like Mistlands. I didn't really like at first, but I started to really appreciate it after exploring it for a (good) while :)

But it doesn't matter, we'll get a new biome, new mobs and likely new building materials, new weapons/armors, new furnitures, new vegetables, new cooking recipes and I hope for some qol features, so I already know it will be awesome :love:

blood2.jpg

My buddy on Steam played this game religiously for a long time. He spoke frequently of certain things in the game and the sheer joy of playing it, yet I have never picked it up or played it. The closest game I own to it seems to be Enshrouded, which is a bit rough around the edges, currently.

Might have to get this one though. I'm not really into the survival genre but if it's done well, I can cope.

This juicy bit was in Twit... X yesterday:

View attachment 11385151
Oh, very very nice... some are very skilled for building! Clearly not a house you want a "wandering troll" nearby :p
My builds are decent I guess, but seem "basic" compared to this kind of houses. Can't wait to use new build parts/furnitures & materials!
Edit: Oh! And I hope for bigger chests, I need bigger chests :D

Last edited:
Speaking of building... I installed "GlassPieces" mod for myself and it does look rather nice. I can make cool looking greenhouses and windows now :cool: Although greenhouses also require Plant Everything for being able to grow stuff under roof. I'm also still more of a basic builder, though. I don't have enough patience and creativity for those fancy houses :D At least not at the moment. Maybe one day?
1709833139342.png

1709833325076.png

Speaking of building... I installed "GlassPieces" mod for myself and it does look rather nice. I can make cool looking greenhouses and windows now :cool: Although greenhouses also require Plant Everything for being able to grow stuff under roof. I'm also still more of a basic builder, though. I don't have enough patience and creativity for those fancy houses :D At least not at the moment. Maybe one day?
There are few things I'd like to have in the game which I'm sure can be added by mods :
- Being able to place/growth "decorative" bushes, vignes, moss... (and maybe berry bushes too^^) and maybe also "indoor" plant in pots.
- Being able to visualize the required space between crops to avoid realizing it's too close when it's too late.
- And well, more varied stone building pieces (there is "only" two, if the big "floor" square count^^).
- Stop items respawning when there are buildings or a paths (hate seeing a tree branch constantly respawning on my house floor or flint/stone on my stone path^^).

Trying out a different style of starting home, one that looks rather strange:
20240322140502_1.jpg

Took the first five days to complete, even though I worked through most of the nights.

So far, the seed seems promising. Already found four skeletal remains despite not having explored much at all. Hopefully, bees won't be an issue... they can be very elusive.

I also saw that today. I'd like to think that we would get it next month, perhaps :coolstory:
There is one thing which afraid me a bit :
"First of all, if you’re playing the Ashlands update during the Public Test"
I cross my fingers that on Xbox, we will also being included in the Public Test... and won't get the "official" release months later like it was the case for the new servers settings for example :(

Top Bottom