Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC and PAX

+
That lighting at the beginning looks sooooo beautiful. This game looks amazing!!! I can't wait to play it.

It looks pretty good but I don't like the way the grass looks
Looks fantastic except for the grass, which looks really bad.
Grass and some bushes are the only thing that to me looks objectively worse quality than the trailers and screenshots.
Fuck the grass and shadows...

Please post a link to the next-gen game that has better looking foliage than that. You do realize it's amazing that games have evolved to the point where you're even criticizing the way grass looks, right? Fucking. Blades. Of. Grass.

Last edited:
Man, This game looks better with each new gameplay clip shown. Seriously cannot wait to dive into it =)

I really love the new menus / inventory also guys, great job imo. Looks lovely.

So they have changed that you can continue questing after the game ends. I thought they mentioned earlier when the game ends, the game ends? Correct me if i'm wrong. I'm glad they tone down Geralt's obese face. But i hope they can tone down a little bit more. He's still having that obese face.

I really liked the gameplay.

Not focusing on details like grass or something else, but the overall impression was really good. Oh yeah maybe there's a disappointing point... 72 days left, unfortunately.

Grass... is 2D even in real life not sure what some people are suggesting. If someone was expecting ALL foliage in the game to be 3D, populating the entire world, while also being physics enabled and having completey accurate collisions so as not to clip through other objects in an open-world environment while also still letting the game be actually playable... well you're in for a rude awakening that we're still in 2015 and not 2050 :p

Please post a link to the next-gen game that has better looking foliage than that. You do realize it's amazing that games have evolved to the point where you're even criticizing the way grass looks, right? Fucking. Blades. Of. Grass.
You misunderstood me, I am afraid...
I said "fuck it" beacuse I don't care how the grass looks...
I said "fuck the grass" because visuals are not my prirority in W3, or any game for that matter...
My point was that, for me at least, Witcher senses are much more important than grass.

Looks very good.. Also as someone here mentioned, I wish there is some gameplay on rain, or in snow..
I see some thing (about 4:20 minutes) when he apply oil on steel sword, and then attack monster? Is that players mistake, or he pulled steel sword on monster?

Likely a mistake because Geralt fights the wyvern with the silver sword in the end.

That lighting at the beginning looks sooooo beautiful. This game looks amazing!!! I can't wait to play it.

The point is that it looks worse than the grass in the witcher 3 - trailer/screenshots version, simple as that.

Top Bottom