Witcher 3 music

+
Call me crazy, but I've been listening to the track snippet from the Summer Conference video over and over. While brief and covered in voice over, it's quite amazing! Also, is that a pan flute at the 15 second mark? That eerie sound reminds me a lot of W1. Which is entirely a good thing. Sure hope @Marcin Momot will release the full version in the near future. :)

I'm guessing this is one of the tracks made in collaboration with Percival. It sounds like something they would produce. If that's the case, there's no doubt in my mind that they can deliver on the Witcher 3 soundtrack. Can't wait to hear more!

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but I've been listening to the track snippet from the Summer Conference video over and over. While brief and covered in voice over, it's quite amazing!
Glad you liked it!
Also, is that a pan flute at the 15 second mark? That eerie sound reminds me a lot of W1. Which is entirely a good thing.
Close, but no. That's Sopilka: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopilka

I'm guessing this is one of the tracks made in collaboration with Percival. It sounds like something they would produce. If that's the case, there's no doubt in my mind that they can deliver on the Witcher 3 soundtrack. Can't wait to hear more!
Yes, but not exactly. That's Percival playing, but the piece was produced by me.

It will be good "Cintra theme":

That was my first video on my Youtube channel. :) Glorious pictures you got there! Especially Cintrian version of Jarema. :D

Call me crazy, but I've been listening to the track snippet from the Summer Conference video over and over. While brief and covered in voice over, it's quite amazing! Also, is that a pan flute at the 15 second mark? That eerie sound reminds me a lot of W1. Which is entirely a good thing. Sure hope @Marcin Momot will release the full version in the near future. :)

I agree. It's got this great momentum and drama to it and still keeps the folk music flavor. I hope we hear more like it in the game.

It 'possible that Witcher 3 there is also the music of the first chapter?? Some like The Dike were beautiful.

It 'possible that Witcher 3 there is also the music of the first chapter?? Some like The Dike were beautiful.
We're not gonna use tracks from our previous games. Witcher 3 has a new story, features new locations, so there's no point of using music from TW1/TW2 - also because it belongs to the regions and storyline of our previous games. However, we're using some recurring themes from previous Witchers. One of the examples is TW3 main theme you already heard in the trailers - melody taken straight from TW1.

However, we're using some recurring themes from previous Witchers. One of the examples is TW3 main theme you already heard in the trailers - melody taken straight from TW1.
And I appreciate this greatly! :)

Will the song from the conference trailer be featured in the game? :)

edit:
Nvm. Got my answer. ;)

Last edited:
We're not gonna use tracks from our previous games.
I don't think @tenlang meant this same track (The Dike). I think he/she is wondering whether we'll hear some songs with a similar vibe in TW3.

...And I'm wondering too. I love how 'modest' that piece is. There's no need for miriad of instruments all the time. Sometimes simplicity is what makes me feel content.

Last edited:
Gotta love that Celtic music, it's very atmospheric and fits perfectly into that Nordic Setting we are set in in TW3.

Though I am delighted to hear that the music which IMO is "The Witcher main Theme" throughout the whole series is back (the other one in the Debut trailer).

hey,what are Percival's songs actually about? I know that they are mostly slavic theme but what is the most common meaning of their lyrics (or what they sing most of the times about)?

Is it bad to say I prefer the sound of the fully mixed & edited version that plays during the Trailer? I feel like I'm being mean to Percival for saying that :p

Thanks for the link, totally sounds excellent anyway & I'm super intrigued to see what Music we get for all the E3 & SC footage.

Definitely. It's made to fit in the Witcher world, so I bet I'll like it more. ;) It seems better recording equipment was used as well, so that's a plus.

Top Bottom