Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Loving almost everything...... but dat LOD though. It's very apparent, especially on the shadows. I guess games still have a few years to go before LOD/draw distance can be somehow masked/less apparent.

I see what you mean, LOD and draw distance were really low in recent gameplays, the trees look like 2d models at far distances. I've noticed that the older 2013 footage, especially the debut trailer had massive draw distances. I'm curious as to if the draw distance will be any higher at ultra settings.

I see what you mean, LOD and draw distance were really low in recent gameplays, the trees look like 2d models at far distances. I've noticed that the older 2013 footage, especially the debut trailer had massive draw distances. I'm curious as to if the draw distance will be any higher at ultra settings.

I hope in some settings for draw distance/LOD.

Oh gosh, no complete free-flow please... I hate flying around the battlefield while hitting two different enemies. I'd rather have the ability to move/attack precisely as I want to. So if there are no enemies close to me and if I click on the attack button, I want Geralt to slice air. As far as I'm aware Witcher 3's combat is a mixture of Dark Souls and free-flow systems, which is exactly what is needed I'd say. Long story short, I'm loving what I've seen of combat so far. Some dodge rolls were a little bit extreme in the earlier footages, but the IGN and Gamespot videos have shown some amazing pacing, reality and precision in combat in my opinion.

Some animations and attacks definitely look jerky, but like I said in an old post, its because of the speed I believe, inconsistent speed that is.

@Jasheon try watching the combat footage in slow mo, you'll see animations usually blend really well.

Unfortunately this wont be "fixed" i think, I complained a while back that animations were too fast and accelerated but its too late now, and also im in the minority.

@moonknightgog I know geralt has to be fast, but I think it's overdone, I think there could be a more balanced middleground. I dont want normal human speed, but neither twitchy unnatural speed, thats all.

I take it as a sacrifice CDPR probably made in terms of having responsiveness in a much higher priority than animations, which is fine, but the inconsistency makes it look kind of bad. I'd rather have all of them going like that, not some moves believable and others not at all, that breaks my perception of how Geralt works.

Last edited:
Loved everything except that terrible clipping of Geralt's armor through the horse.
I know it is a huge game and so on, and I'd say minor clipping is okay but this is on another level.

The new behind the scene trailer is just awesome ... never liked how Yennefer looked like, but in this trailer she is just gorgeous. In fact I'm more for Triss but this Yen flashed me, just have to admit it.

Loved the scene 1:38 , where Geralt blows the wall with aard <3

C'mon Yen!...

I'm in a extra-drolling state!

Last edited:
So about 90 main characters and about 2 000 side characters.. and they have put effort to make everyones face to be unique and detailed and to be the same level ? If so, that must have been really, really hard

Top Bottom