Your opinion: Alternative look for Triss

+
Where do i start. In my opinion It's horrible. Not because of whorish
look. I don't wanna talk about taste, like color or shape. I think there is much deeper problem with it.

At first. Everyone already noticed this skin is just completely out of place in any way you can think about it. It doesn't fit in any plot sequences except ball. She basically lives in some dirty hole without much money and runs through sewers. Hides from witch hunters. That's 80% of her screentime. Maybe this outfit is just some reference or cruel joke to her possible "work" with mr Edward in Passiflora brothel. But in general. It doesn't make any sense.

At second. This is definitely not Triss body model. Think about it. Her breasts are obviously smaller than original model has. Her naked model, her bra model, her masquerade model and original model have the same breasts size but new one doesn't. What does it mean? I suppose, new outfit was never modelled as Triss skin at first place. It more looks like they recycled some leftover model from previous development. Model that was never included in the final build of the game. And holy Jesus. That cheap cotton hood she wears from time to time just literally collides with gorgeous high art elvish silk dress. This is another sign that indicates not thinking about plot and recycling other model. And this is not the most sad part. Her haircut. I don't wanna even mention this. It so cute and tender, but what the heck was happend with her open ears?! Look at them. They are just two formless tumors without any borders or details. They are big as half of her face. I have a bad feeling her ears was never intended to be shown in the game at all. Original haircut covers them completely, and developers didn't even think about making something more than simple rubbish low res plugs that barely represent actual auricles. And two words about clipping. Oh boy. This dress clips into everything you can possible imagine. Skirt constantly clips into the ground, into furniture, into her legs. The hood clips into her dress, her hairs clips into hood, into face. Damn. Sometimes it's seems to me that even the jewerly clips into her forehead. And i am not sure, why they decided to add this jewerly anyway. Maybe to hide poorly animated wrinkles. Who knows. And the golden feathery necklace hides her standart medalion. Looks ridiculously stupid. Oh my god.

At third. Guys, I love all Witcher games. I love Yenn, Triss and everyone else. I think this way of producing additional content kills those amazing characters. I hope I'm wrong but, if my thoughts about recycling are true there's no hope we'll get some additional dialogs or quests with Triss. Just forget about flourishing rose of remembrance. It will never happen.

Btw you can proofread and repost it in another Triss related thread if you want, maybe some developer will reply about lack of breasts and sense.

Regarding the cleavage issue...in CDPR's game adaptations, her chest is not scarred, so I don't mind it.

No offense, but were you people even paying attention during Blood of the Elves? It's not even about different 'adaptation', but just common sense and continuity.

After the Sodden battle, they've healed and fixed all the surviving mages, restored eyesight for Yen, healed Triss' chest scars etc. She says so herself in the book. She never really had any visible scars to begin with after the war.

But she also says she will never wear low-cuts ever again (most likely because of the mental and physical trauma she had to witness and experience there). Something that CDPR seems to be completely ignoring in their continuity.

The only time they got her outfit right was during TW1 when she was in her noble dress and the TW2 outfit.

Last edited:
Jesus, what's up with all the butthurt? :) WIll you relax, people? I very much doubt it was ever meant as a serious alternative for her default outfit. Just a bit of a fan service for those who wouldn't mind it being out of place. Don't like it? Use the default, simple as that. Personally though, i think it's a gorgeous dress. :)

No offense, but were you people even paying attention during Blood of the Elves? It's not even about different 'adaptation', but just common sense and continuity.

After the Sodden battle, they've healed and fixed all the surviving mages, restored eyesight for Yen, healed Triss' chest scars etc. She says so herself in the book. She never really had any visible scars to begin with after the war.

But she also says she will never wear low-cuts ever again (most likely because of the mental and physical trauma she had to witness and experience there). Something that CDPR seems to be completely ignoring in their continuity.

The only time they got her outfit right was during TW1 when she was in her noble dress and the TW2 outfit.

While "low cut" is a rather broad term, I agree as far as this outfits goes. The TW1 standard outfit and this one are the least "lore friendly" in that regard. I also don't get why it had to be low cut in the front and the back. That's a fashion no-go... according to my wife. ;)

If she were an Elven mage, it'd be perfect. I'm leaving it active though as it's unique and really doesn't look like anyone else's outfits, though I think she looked better in the tight pants. I don't mind the hair in the double bun either as that makes more sense than having it down (female cops, military, etc. have hair up to keep it from interfering or getting in the way) and given she's a more hands-on character vs. Yenn the troll, it makes sense. I see people griping about the neckline, but that look is common on a lot of other female NPC and those of us not into dudes or Chaz Bono looking females, shouldn't be griping. No one bitches about Keira's neckline and seeing a tiny amount of her areola. I also see people (especially females) griping because it's too flattering apparently. My answer to that is I'd rather have female NPC in super sexy outfits than some raggy, frumpy peasant outfit covering everything including ankles with food stains everywhere.

Funny how people don't bat an eye to a finisher that beheads a pirate minding his own business with such force it launches 100 feet up in the air sometimes or the option Geralt has to kill in cold blood, but all hell cracks open for Playboy magazine level of nudity and the lamest sex scenes I've ever seen in a video game that are technically 1980's PG-13 and idiots rant how it's the most "graphic" nudity they've ever seen. Really wish we as a society could just round up the brainwashed morons and dump them on an island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean and let them harden up after being forced to survive from scratch vs. acting like some domesticated cat that's had any semblence of being wild bred straight out of it.

Funny how people don't bat an eye to a finisher that beheads a pirate minding his own business with such force it launches 100 feet up in the air sometimes or the option Geralt has to kill in cold blood, but all hell cracks open for Playboy magazine level of nudity and the lamest sex scenes I've ever seen in a video game that are technically 1980's PG-13 and idiots rant how it's the most "graphic" nudity they've ever seen. Really wish we as a society could just round up the brainwashed morons and dump them on an island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean and let them harden up after being forced to survive from scratch vs. acting like some domesticated cat that's had any semblence of being wild bred straight out of it.

So... people who happen to dislike it are somehow all prudes that need to be dumped on an deserted island? I also fail to see how beheading a pirate is related to someone preferring things to be lore-friendly.

I am not bothered by skin, just by the fact that it kinda goes againts her character that has almost 21-years worth of lore behind her. Not to mention it just looks kinda ridiculous with the low cuts on both sides. :D Like something from a 2003 german RPG.

And before some moronic jesters jump on my throat, yes I know it's optional. I am just voicing my opinion here, which is exactly what the OP was asking for.

Last edited:
So... people who happen to dislike it are somehow all prudes that need to be dumped on an deserted island? I also fail to see how beheading a pirate is related to someone preferring things to be lore-friendly.

I am not bothered by skin, just by the fact that it kinda goes againts her character that has almost 21-years worth of lore behind her. Not to mention it just looks kinda ridiculous with the low cuts on both sides. :D Like something from a 2003 german RPG.

And before some moronic jesters jump on my throat, yes I know it's optional. I am just voicing my opinion here.

True, it has nothing to with prudishness... I am one of those that thought the sauna scene was silly because they left their panties on... it's what's befitting the character, and what looks good.

I like both outfits for Yennefer, I switch them from time to time, but here...

Weird. Out of character, out of place. Not using it.

I like both outfits for Yennefer, I switch them from time to time, but here...

Weird. Out of character, out of place. Not using it.

How do you do that? I want to keep both Yen and Triss' off till specifi points in the story.
Thanks.

I like the Alternative look. My plan is to use it around Act 3. Once I do the party mission with Triss and kiss her I'll head to Skellige to do the missions there and end things with Yen. Then do Triss's Now or Never quest. Then I'll activate the Alternative look for the later stages of the game. Tying it into her blossoming into the powerful sorceress she is. She has the man she loves and she's more confidant. My way of giving her some sort of development besides "Well?"

How do you do that? I want to keep both Yen and Triss' off till specifi points in the story.
Thanks.

Somewhere in options (but you must go to the main menu, not "pause-menu"), I have polish version, so I'm not sure how it's called in english but I think it's something about bonus/extra content where you can switch alternate looks for Yen and Triss (on/off).

In fact I had alternate look for Triss on during finale, but, unfortunately, there was a prerendered cutscene where they both had their default look anyway, so I wont choose alternate looks for the finale next time.

Last edited:
My opinion.

It makes no fucking sense from a "fluff" point of view. Triss wears high collar clothes to hide her scar she received from the Battle of Sodden. The clothes she wears in these three games completely ignores this FACT. It's fucking annoying me.

My opinion.

It makes no fucking sense from a "fluff" point of view. Triss wears high collar clothes to hide her scar she received from the Battle of Sodden. The clothes she wears in these three games completely ignores this FACT. It's fucking annoying me.

Yeah,I can deal with them changing her hair colour,but the scars were an important part of her character developement in the books.It's a real shame that the games just ignore it.

I switched it for the mask party. Triss was gorgeous. But... As i forgot to switch it off later, when she appears at Kaer Morhen, where everybody is ready for battle, she still wears the Party Dress.... Oh, my! it was more shocking than seeing Ciri running ridiculously, with those high heels in the middle of the mountain!

And Geralt can say to Yen that he recognizes the female figure as Ciri by her "witcher running style"?!?!?! Oh, you, CDPR!! :rofl:

I like her hair better with the DLC outfit. But the rest looks terrible. I'm not a dress guy in general but this one is like the worst they could've given her. Not using it.

I like both outfits for Yennefer but I've decided to go with the default one because it looks kinda like a partner look when she's with Geralt and he's wearing the Nilfgaardian Guardsman armor set, both outfits are black and white and Geralts hair is white and her's is black. Perfect match.

My opinion.

That is the reason I actually like her clothes from TW2 (also used on her Gwent card). That one was much more reasonable, reflected her character's aversion to low cut dresses and was still stylish enough for a young sorceress.

Top Bottom