Choice to be augment free?

+
I don't see why the designers would *make* you get cyberware, if you didn't want any.

As it is, there's some hardware that mimics the benefits of cyberware, without having anything installed in the meatware. Smart goggles, cyberarm gauntlets, powered exoskeletons (though, that last one does usually require at least a neural interface.)

Not sure if I would want to be acknowledged by NPC for having no augs at all......especially if those NPC are of the type that will say, "Easy target, lets sell his organs at the next body shop"...also, there are synthetic skin qualities that make you loom 100% un-augmented as long at the other doesn't look with infra-red....

Just like you should be able to finish the game without killing anyone, you should have the option not to get any augmentations. But why would you do that? Augmentations are awesome!

Everybody seems to think going through without killing or without augmentations makes one a sissy....but really...you try it...you'll see how tough you gotta be to do it. going full metal and killing everything in your path is easy, with the right augs and arms, even my 9 year old niece can do that.

Hard-ass way to play.
...well, that's the challenge then, innit? A combat character that relies on smarts, rather than warez. The Media that doesn't want to be shut down by an EMP mine. A leet h4xor that can't get his brain-stem fried because he isn't directly jacked in. (Though, he should, naturally, incur some pretty gnarly penalties.)

Interesting subject, Psycho-Cop on the trailer didn't have any augmentations just a lot of gadgets. visor helmet and exoskeleton, no in-arm weapons. It would be definitely nice to have that option. Two different paths of evolution.

Interesting subject, Psycho-Cop on the trailer didn't have any augmentations just a lot of gadgets. visor helmet and exoskeleton, no in-arm weapons. It would be definitely nice to have that option. Two different paths of evolution.

Correction - he didn't have any visible augmentations. Might've still had some, we just did see any.

Ah..that was body plating on his chest and either two cyberarms or he has reaaaaaally tiny arms and a Battleglove on.

Even an implanted exoskeleton is pretty large. If you take the metal off that fellow and compare it to the size of his limbs and face, you realise he'd barely have space for a very, very timy body under there. Given the size of his features - yeah, he's body plated. I'd bet you two days at the Ashcroft ( fancy NC hotel) he's plated. And armed.

Implanted cyber weapons are always kind of titchy, speaking PnP wise. They have a high HUM cost and really do little that a holstered weapon can't do. A good weapons scanner will find them anyway.

Implanted cyber weapons are always kind of titchy, speaking PnP wise. They have a high HUM cost and really do little that a holstered weapon can't do. A good weapons scanner will find them anyway.
Style > Substance, chombatta. You new here or something? ;-p

Substance watches Style falling slowly over bleeding out, while Substance reloads.

Screw your Style - I win. And live to win again. What Works is Best.

It's Cyberpunk - you better win every gunfight, because you only get to lose once.

I'd like this option as well. It's pretty clear that Maxtac guy and subsequently, blade girl are wearing exo-suits.

I can see no augmentation as an option. Cyberware gives a bit of an edge, but not a drastic amount when your looking down a barrel of a Malorian Arms pistol and they got a drop on ya. Also a Volt Pistol can stop an unhardened Borg wannabe in their tracks.

I think it's better left up to what kind of story the developers want to tell.
I mean, from the intial trailer video it seems rather clear that they want us to play c-police, or at least that's the impression I get from it and from what I understand they're all more or less heavily cybered all of them. That's not to say I wouldn't mind the option being there but, it's all a question in regards to the storyline.

Oh, and in under NO CIRCUMSTANCE should you get any benefits from not being cybered up. Maybe if you're going into a technophobe area only would that be a benefit or something like that but nothing else. You could get an achivement for it if that's really what you desire, but nothing else. There's a reason why people get cyberware after all and there should be no metagaming concept of it being beneficial to not have cyberware.

Oh, and in under NO CIRCUMSTANCE should you get any benefits from not being cybered up. Maybe if you're going into a technophobe area only would that be a benefit or something like that but nothing else. You could get an achivement for it if that's really what you desire, but nothing else. There's a reason why people get cyberware after all and there should be no metagaming concept of it being beneficial to not have cyberware.

This. Very this. Outside of social situations, cyberware should be better all the time. It's a tool - if not having the tool was better, the tool wouldn't be for sale. Generally.

This. Very this. Outside of social situations, cyberware should be better all the time. It's a tool - if not having the tool was better, the tool wouldn't be for sale. Generally.

Agreed, especially no mechanical bonus.

I mean if you really wanna make friends with the luddites and Inquisitors, that's your bag, but outside of social, there shouldn't be anything even resembling a benefit.

Of course cyber gear is better than the non-cyber equivalents. No matter how good a non-implanted hacker is, he'd be ten times as good if he just got that damn brainware interface. BUT...only a peasant blames his trunks for him not able to swim. A good craftsman never blames his tools.

Ye-ah. You ever try to build a house using a rock instead of a hammer? The reason that saying exists is because it's part of the craftsman's job to select and maintain good tools. Not because he's expected to do a good job with shite or no tools.

Top Bottom