Recent content by cipher_nemo

+
  1. cipher_nemo

Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

That sucks. I feel that pain, as I've done that before throughout my gaming history. I've learned never to schedule vacation time around launch dates. Hopefully this would be the last time you do that too. The most recent launches I coordinated with vacation time that were disasters: Diablo 3...
  2. cipher_nemo

If we just take what they stated at face value, then we can't read any more into that. The statement by CDPR only mentioned quality assurance across all platforms, specifically "everything works well and every version runs smoothly". To me that's more about tweaking than fixing something that's...
  3. cipher_nemo

Considering the unprecedented global reaction to the pandemic and all (or most) devs working from home, a few week delay is more than understandable for any developer, from triple A to indie.
  4. cipher_nemo

A bit sad. But after waiting this long already, another few weeks isn't going to hurt. It's still going to be 2020, so that's good. PC here, as always. I couldn't bring myself to game on anything else. I prefer control and customization.
  5. cipher_nemo

What game are you currently playing

Right now... Hades. Finished the game, almost finished collecting everything. Just a couple fish left for the codex and a couple decorations to buy including the 25,000 darkness one. Prison Architect. Interesting sim game. I ignored it until it was $5 from Steam.
  6. cipher_nemo

Movies / TV Shows!

I've been into car restoration/mod shows recently, including Gotham Garage, West Coast Customs, Rust Valley Restorers, and even one-off car series such as Netflix's Formula One, Fastest Car (mostly for comedic value), etc. And I miss the old British Top Gear series. But I wouldn't call myself a...
  7. cipher_nemo

Rate the avatar above you!

9/10... because you kept true to Cyberpunk. ;)
  8. cipher_nemo

Now playing [music]

I've always liked Prog Metal
  9. cipher_nemo

top 10 favorite games

of all time... Diablo: I, Hellfire, II, II LOD, and even III. So I'm looking forward to Diablo IV. Torchlight: I and II, but they killed it all with III, which sucks GW2: amazing developer, fun community LOTRO: they kept it quite true to Tolkien's works Civilization: any in the series, but V is...
  10. cipher_nemo

Post Your Desktop

My desktop backgrounds are rather boring, but mostly I keep it that way to eliminate visual distractions. I work remotely right now (do IT and software development), so my home gaming rig doubles as my work PC thanks to VPN. Since my backgrounds are boring (like Jack_7BP above), I'll just give...
  11. cipher_nemo

Your useless talent

My near-useless talent is removing labels, stickers, and decals from surfaces. For tear-prone stickers it's all about patience and angle of attack. For the glue from stickers, duct tape can pull most of that up before you get to chemicals like Goo Gone or using a heat gun for automotive molding...
  12. cipher_nemo

VR Editions: Yay or Nay

VR and that 3D TV fad gave me headaches. And for some reason Doom 3 made me nauseous after playing it for more than an hour at a time. It was probably due to the engine with weird curving effects at the edge of the screen. More power to people who enjoy VR, but this is one gamer who will never...
  13. cipher_nemo

Why the person above you should be banned

^ Banned for trying to explain trolling requirements.
  14. cipher_nemo

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Hello all. Gee, that sounds lame. But this is a welcome thread, right? Any ways, long time gamer here. Gen Xer who started back in TRS-80 and DOS days. Loved the original MMOs including Ultima Online, DAoC, etc., but completely avoided Evercrack. Played almost everything since then, with fond...
  15. cipher_nemo

Day 1 Builds

Provided it's 22 and it won't change at launch, and based on these descriptions... Body: 3 Cool: 4 Intelligence: 6 Reflexes: 5 Technical: 4 As much as the fast solo build appeals to me, being able to snipe and generally use rifles decently sounds good. But gotta try the hacking (controlling...
Top Bottom