Recent content by Kindo.824

+
  1. K

Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Of course it's unfortunate that there's a piece of physical swag that is exclusive to a specific console, but this is in no way an act of betrayal. Their statement(s) earlier obviously refers to in-game content, such as DLC-material, expansions, and what have you. I feel that jumping down CDPR's...
  2. K

Upgrade armors and weapons, what do you think?

I like the more simple approach to equipment, that was used in TW1. There were some itemisation issues, sure, but three armours and a handful of different swords felt just about right. TW2 kind of flooded us with equipment options (many of which was horribly overlapping one another), and now we...
  3. K

Bring back TW2 Roll

I don't even know if we won't be able to roll at all, but seeing how dodges and pirouettes are more lore-friendly (and look much better, gosh darn it), I'd prefer that. Again I think back on TW1 as a good example in which you had all three kinds, including the occasional roll on the ground.
  4. K

Finishers / Killing moves

Some sort of finishing move animations will most likely be present, but I am quite certain that they've learned from the disaster that was the TW2 finishers. Interrupting gameplay in order to play a cutscene, in which the scenery suddenly changes and also the number of enemies you were fighting...
  5. K

Lets talk about the women of the Northern Kingdoms

A wonderful post - thank you. I, too, wish for a more varied look in women this time around. Not everyone needs to be granted a massive bosom, and not everyone's faces need to have a flawless, super-smooth complexion with zero details and character. No, if CDPR this time around dared give them...
  6. K

Quests and descriptions written by Dandelion

It worked quite nicely, having Dandelion write in the journal, but I also love the style used in TW1, with Geralt himself writing things down. I hope they'll use either of those for quests in TW3. As for glossary and lore entries, however, I prefer a more encyclopaedic text, which was present in...
  7. K

Dismemberment in TW3

While I don't really find it lore-breaking - countless limbs and heads were severed throughout the books - too much of it and too frequent dismemberment will make the combat feel more silly than mature. Since there is a lot more combat in the games than there is in the books, it needs to be...
  8. K

So… no cloaks?

It makes sense to don a cloak for extended travel (swords and the like kept on the side of the saddle), and Geralt does just this in the books, and I agree that it would be a neat feature overall, but I'm not very passionate about it. It's not a must-have.
  9. K

Your opinion about mini-map on HUD

I barely glance at it when playing TW1 or TW2 - at most I consult the big map when confused about certain objectives and directions, but the games' respective maps never feel large and intricate enough to make you feel completely lost. If TW3 is as huge and open as they claim, a mini-map could...
  10. K

TW3 UI Aesthetics

I agree that it needs some (or a lot of) work, but it already feels like a step up from TW2's interface. What's more important is to make it responsive and react more fluently to a mouse and keyboard set-up (for the PC version). And yes, TW1's interface is the best, hands down.
  11. K

The Witcher 3 Wishlist

Re-playing The Witcher 2 at the moment, and one thing that is very high up on my wishlist is definitely an interface designed for mouse and keyboard this time around, rather than a clunky console UI.
  12. K

How do you play Geralt? True to the canon or true to yourself?

It's a bit of a mixture for me, but most of the time, what I end up choosing naturally lines up nicely with how Geralt was in the books, so I don't have that much of a debate there. I think it's important to note that CDPR has the intention for each player to choose their own Geralt, and they've...
  13. K

English version and Polish voices

Yeah, I don't see why they would change suddenly. At least for the PC version there should be options to either choose from the start, or to somehow procure other dubs or the original Polish.
  14. K

Some TW 3 Questions.

For the first question there is only speculation. Roche was an incredibly important character in TW2, but I guess it also depends on how you chose to unfold the story, and if these parts are imported into TW3. To what extent he will be involved, we do not know. As for the second, we have no...
  15. K

Geralt's Face

Replying only to say that I agree.
Top Bottom