Recent content by lagom76

+
  1. L

Such an uninspired disappointing story

Why should it be any harder to write a good story for an open world game? This does not make any sense to me. Except the one thing, that you put a lot of manpower and work in this open world and to some point ignore the (much more important) main story line and characters...
  2. L

Analysis: With Witcher 3 CDPR no longer treat the players like adults [SPOILERS]

Very detailed and posted impressive thread. The only thing I immediately disagree is the "no longer a game for adults, but for teens". I am in my late 30s, but would never think, a teenager could not distinguish a bad of a well-told story. Or even, that a child could not understand the concept...
  3. L

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

Sure they deserve it. Equally true is, every fan of the witcher franchise deserves a witcher game with well draftet characters and story worth to be told.
  4. L

Almost finished (my humble opinion)

Exactly that :) I don't mind open world games. It's just not the one thing, that makes the world of the witcher great for me. ---------- Updated at 09:40 PM ---------- Eredin was kinda lame. I mean, seriously, that guy is the big threat to the world? Well, if there is nothing worse...
  5. L

Three basic motives for narrative and atmosphere in the novels Witcher 3 doesn't feature on the same level

True. Especially, if you think of CDPR being a small company back then when the witcher 1 was released. Today, they have much more responsibility for a lot more employees, and obviously, they would have made even more compromises to make the witcher 3 a success.
  6. L

Actually, no. The first two games tell their own stories, and really good ones. Ciri doesn't even play a role in those. Also, I agree, that the story of The Witcher 1 is the best CDPR told, but, you know, I cannot really recommend the game today. It hasn't really aged well, the combat system is...
  7. L

Well yes, and you explained it better than I did (wanted to keep it spoiler free also). At least I also want to add: Some of the side quests are really well made and told. You actually have more opportunities to speak and get to know the bloody baron ( I kinda liked him! ), than you did with...
  8. L

yep, agree with that. At least, now much more people will read the books now
  9. L

Perhaps it would have been for the best if the first two games actually had been adaptations of the books, with the third one being an original story. Absolutely agree with that point. But that is not the way it worked out. Perhaps it would have been better to just tell their own story, not...
  10. L

Yes, you talk about the role ciri is playing in the story. I am talking about ciri, the character introduced to you by the game. You know nothing about her in the start, and you end the game almost knowing nothing about her. And if you have to read the a glossary to get to know her, or even have...
  11. L

"Because she is your daughter" Sorry, no. This is no reason. This is like Yen in the game is explained: You love here, because she is the one. mhm. ok. But why? Could you please explain this to me, the player, by showing me the character, showing me the background of their relation? I loved the...
  12. L

Your'e right. But also every media out there told me, the storytelling in this open world game is brilliant. And that is the point for me, it is just not. For Ciri, also other characters that I loved in the books: You have almost no option to talk to them, you don't experience the characters of...
  13. L

Almost finished (my humble opinion) 130 hours later, I have almost finished the game. Almost, since it keeps crashing since the newest patch and I just don't really care about the last bit of the last quest. But why that? How dare you, Witcher 3 is not that brilliant? Well, not in my opinion...
  14. L

Do you play without the HUD ?

I want an "immersive" HUD. Like some modders made for games like Skyrim. But I doubt CDPR will do this, so please give us the mod tool ;)
Top Bottom