Recent content by Laurreth

+
  1. L

Make game ignore joysticks (PC)

Is there any way to make the game ignore that there are input devices like joysticks or gamepads connected to the system? I have a HOTAS setup for flight sims connected, and that makes Gwent effectively unplayable because it somehow expects input from that; usually it appears to pick up the...
  2. L

Mail/DNS issue probably ate my beta code

I put in a ticket, but I assume that goes straight to the "support does not grant beta codes" pile :( Oh well. It will be released eventually.
  3. L

Mail/DNS issue probably ate my beta code

Mail/DNS issue probably ate my beta code I hadn't received a beta code, and after checking the statement that everyone who signed up in June would have one by the end of this week, I checked my mail server logs. There were a lot of those messages from November 7 to yesterday: Nov 19 10:52:27...
  4. L

Blood and Wine -- Official Soundtrack

I won't "buy" from those services.
  5. L

Frame rate drops while rotating

The GOG overlay seems to be the issue, when it is enabled the game freezes for a short time every time one moves the mouse. Without the overlay, the game runs much smoother and without the freezing.
  6. L

PLEASE remove the recurring pinning hint

Oh dear, that setting removes so much rage. Thank you.
  7. L

PLEASE remove the recurring pinning hint

PLEASE remove the recurring pinning hint EVERY TIME one opens the alchemy UI, that hint about pinning formulae and diagrams pops up and blocks the game until it is confirmed TWICE. PLEASE for the love of all that's a smooth experience fix that.
  8. L

Hearts of Stone retail boxed edition

That. I just closed the shop page while entering my credit card information and thinking about the shipping cost. Just so not worth it.
  9. L

Advice on Playing Previous Witcher Games after The Witcher III.

I don't think the story or most of the presentation of W2 are bad, but IMO it fails at the game part where the player gets to interact with all those elements. I found it grating on my patience right from the start. Jumping into it literally immediately after finishing the first one, the...
  10. L

What you expect from 1.10?

Just re the title: Bugfixes. Maybe some bugfixes, bugfixes, and if there's time left some more bugfixes. Roach diving head-first into the mountain when galloping up an incline, sword impact sounds going AWOL, that stupid bug where voiceover in video sequences or cutscenes is muted to the point...
  11. L

Advice on Playing Previous Witcher Games after The Witcher III.

Give the first part more of a chance, it's by far the best of the series. I'd recommend switching to over-the-shoulder perspective which makes controls relatively "normal" by today's standards. Witcher 2 is just a bad game (the quicktime events are among the better aspects), just play it on...
  12. L

BUG - Missing sword impact sound effects when Geralt hits an enemy

FWIW, didn't have the issue again, but I don't think I did more combat on that island. Will go back and kill some stuff to check :D
  13. L

BUG - Missing sword impact sound effects when Geralt hits an enemy

Still there in what's supposedly 1.08.2. Sounds of the sword hitting something vanished when I arrived on Spiekeroog. Sometimes they seemed to make a short reappearance, but all in all it's a disappointing experience now. :(
Top Bottom