Recent content by OnyxCore

+
  1. O

WAAAAAAY MORE CONTENT THAN THEY LET ON... For example...

Well, it was originally billed as an RPG when first announced. So, for the majority of the decidedly on and off 'development', that was what a lot of people were expecting. It's not too surprising that it would cause a degree of disappointment when they changed tack.
  2. O

A Predefined Protagonist & Character Creation Don't Work Together in Cyberpunk 2077

Voiced protagonists will always impose a level of personality restriction on how you want to play, although it's a shades of grey thing rather than black and white. But how much is also down to the game itself and how much freedom it affords in respect to choice. I remember Gopher's (YouTube)...
  3. O

I certainly don't remember anything about the six months with Jackie originally being part of the game (unless someone can show me otherwise). So, on that basis, yes, agreed. That ain't cut content.
  4. O

If you advertise that certain elements will be in a game, whether that be by textual or visual marketing, and then remove that content, whatever the reason, that constitutes 'cut content'. It's different if they have removed elements from the game that have never been advertised or shown as...
  5. O

It's interesting to note that back in Dec last year, when this discussion regarding the intent of the game, and the fact that the sheer scale and detail of the city pointed at a game that was meant to be far more than a backdrop for the V/Silverhand story (even allowing for the side quests), and...
  6. O

The reason why the cyberpunk story I felt was not fun.

Naturally, the player is free to do whatever is possible within what is provided in the game. But if it steps outside the bounds of what is reasonable in the circumstances then, for me anyway, the 'story' loses cohesiveness and simply becomes a random collection of events that take place.
  7. O

Agreed. I think that can work well, depending on the implementation, when dealing with passive experiences, like a book or film. However, from a personal perspective, I don't think it translates well to an interactive experience.
  8. O

I would appreciate you not being directly dismissive of my comments, irrespective of your own experiences. Thank you. Quality of life is one thing. Spending time doing superfluous stuff at the expense of actively looking for a solution is something altogether different. That's the point.
  9. O

There's a few issues here, from my perspective, and I'll preface this by saying that I'm not making an argument with what you personally are saying, but with what the game itself is doing. Also, these are my own personal feelings. If anyone else feels different for specific reasons, then that's...
  10. O

I get your point. Although I was talking primarily about the main quest line as opposed to any side quests and possible romances. Which was the issue for me. The main story is rather vapid, and the game relies on side quests to give it some purpose. And I tended to concentrate on the main quest...
  11. O

The 'story' certainly isn't about V, no. V is just a simple foil to tell Johnny's story, that's all. But, arguably, it's more about Arasaka than Johnny in an indirect manner, since that is the glue that binds. I think my main issue with the story is that very little of any 'value' is achieved...
  12. O

That incredibly irritating advert

Intrusive, yes. But at least the old one sounded like the voice actor was making an effort. The new one just sounds a bit half hearted and wooden. But, hey, it's not a game changer.
  13. O

Why missing Cinematic/3rd person Cutscenes is THE biggest flaw

Oh, there's no argument from my perspective. I've already stated that it's very much an 'each to their own' issue, and neither is fundamentally better than the other. It's just a discussion that appears to have some misunderstanding of intent, on all sides. Such is life with text, on occasions...
  14. O

I originally responded as Rollins6020 initial comment came over, to my mind at the time, as tending to bill FP driving as poor cousin twice removed to TP. And I've seen quite a number of comments of similar kind in various places. So, I was simply putting forward a personal point that I felt FP...
  15. O

That's fine. I can fully understand why people will use TP. It was just that, from my own personal perspective, I felt that your comment came over as a tad dismissive of the FP mode, and I was simply trying to emphasise the fact that some actually prefer it to TP, for all it's quirkiness. :)...
Top Bottom