Recent content by TigrisCallidus

+
  1. T

Question about the Punishment

Well having the enemy pass would be the easiest solution. This game does not take as long as a hearthstone, and you have only 1 play to make each round, so timing out should be less of an issue. Playing random cards, can also mean you can just go afk and let the game play for you, which is...
  2. T

Learning Curve

Well there are several stages: 1. You will learn the exact rules (which effects are calculated first etc.) 2. You will learn the basic strategies and basic moves (trying to bait the enemy 1 round to use to many cards, not play to many cards which are scorched at the same time etc.) 3. You...
  3. T

With the new monster spies.. the NR spies have become absurdly useless

I think the NR spies are still the strongest in a vacuum. The Skellige ones are only better, if you have graveyard interraction. (This is something you can choose thats fine, but still only in certain decks) The Monster ones are only better, if the enemy has graveyard interaction. This makes...
  4. T

RNG a key element of Gwent?

This is not a matter of testing, this is a matter of pure math. Testing can be wrong (psychological effects, statistical error), pure math cannot. There are 8 cases The old passive was better: Against Skellige when winning the first round. The New passive is better: Against Skellige when...
  5. T

@Coto132 I think what I said was not good formulated: 1. With the "I prefer random where you get from the random different choices you have to plan with and make the best out of it." I meant random cards, not "you choose" cards. But random events, which gives you (depending on the random...
  6. T

Deck Builder, Recipies, and other deck ideas? (Ideas: post here)

So I will be speaking about the standalone game, since there you have a bit different rules: 1. Basic Strategy (as a start): A basic strategy deck, is as the name says basic, with no real strengths but also no weakness and a good start! You want to maximize the chances of drawing your best...
  7. T

The future of Gwent.

Well option 3 would most likely not even make sense. Since gog has no free to play games (as far as I know), they dont really have the data to choose "good playing players", best they could do is to choose if you have witcher 3 and if you have the gwent achievements there. I just stated there...
  8. T

Is it true that in-game purchases will be purely cosmetic? o_O

I trust in CD Project Red, I just say that the model of Hearthstone is not that fair. Even if you can break stuff down, this makes it not that much fairer since you lose 2/3 of the value of your cards doing so (unless you disenchant spare cards) and when there is a meta change/rotation you...
  9. T

Is it true that in-game purchases will be purely cosmetic? o_O

The issue in hearthstone is, that (especially if you start late) you have to play a horrendous amount of time to get all cards. And new cards are faster released then you can get the old ones (Except you have infinite time and are really good in arena). Also Legendary cards (which are only in...
  10. T

The future of Gwent.

Since there was no survey etc. there are not many possibilities: 1. It is pure luck. 2. They decide on forum activity (if same email was used). 3. They decide by which games you have on gog (if the same email was used).
  11. T

Cubituss sorry for the late answer, but something seemed off to me and I now know what: I am not sure if this is really desirable! Lets compare it with Rock Paper Scissors. There are world championships held in it. And of course this is about "luck" but it is also kind of about predicting...
  12. T

The future of Gwent.

I think you mean factions and not deck types, but I agree! I prefer having 5 factions where each faction has several different possible decks, to having 7+ factions and every faction has only 1 possible deck /strategy. I mean the cards needed for 1 new faction could easily help the allready...
  13. T

Well adding randomness to cards, does not necessarily add more varietyto the cookie cutter decks. Example still only 3 decks Lets say the 3 top decks have each about 300 power in them with 25 cards each. (Just a simplification to have a "metric" to compare how strong decks are). This means...
  14. T

3 Life per player mode.

Well the shorter the games the better it is suited for mobile. And gwent would be great for mobile! So in that way having max 3 rounds is preferable. Also if you need to win 3 times rather then 2 it would need up to 5 rounds. For that either the number of cards have to be increased, or you...
Top Bottom