Recent content by x1Cygnus

+
  1. X

Anyone sick of Brouver/Ciri yet?

TBH there's not that much fun left in Gwent if you're playing constructed. As somebody once said: Ranked for me has just become a succession of playing the same game over and over and over and over (and it's even worse when there's a faction challenge in progress) just against different...
  2. X

Show Your Best Arena Decks

A few things I keep in mind whilst drafting. 1) Thin to win - it's all very well having a bunch of powerful gold/silver cards, but if you can't get to them and they're just sitting in your deck chilling, then they're no good to you. 2) People seem to put a lot of stock in the total amount of...
  3. X

Worst Gold Cards - Poll

Vainglory comes into its own in Arena. The largest Vainglory I've had played against me was 27pts, but there are some Swim vids on YT where he was able to create a 30pt Vainglory. I wouldn't even consider it in constructed. Sihil is also a "good" card in Arena when you pair it with...
  4. X

Is playing arena an effective way to build my collection?

I've been playing Arena almost exclusively now since about 2 weeks after it was released. You can certainly build up a great deal of scraps and kegs etc, but unless you're winning consistently 6 to 7 (or more) games per Arena run, then you don't earn enough ore back to break even or be up enough...
  5. X

Is Wardancer A Problem?

Amusing thread. Wardancer was introduced well over 18months ago and its ability was changed to what it is now in May 2017 patch. Having done a search of the forums for "OMG WARDANCER IS OP!!" type threads between 01 May 17 and 31 Dec 17, and given all the amount of crying over Wardancer, and...
  6. X

Decided to quit

I'm not going to quit the game altogether, but I'm definitely taking a break. I'm just bored of facing the same 3 or 4 decks, making the same plays over and over and over again Some of the game winning RNG/Create nonsense that I've faced is just... well, unbelievable... another game lost...
  7. X

Why Many Players Not Giving GG

No problem :) I'm guessing that you encountered him with Calviet? That's the most common match up for Cahir at the moment. You can (if you choose to do so) banish Calviet in one hit with Mandrake - then if he's holding Cahir in his deck he's got a dead 1pt card. Voorhis and Emhyr can be a...
  8. X

Why Many Players Not Giving GG

That's always been Cahir's ability (well, kind of) as far as I can remember; prior to the midwinter patch he was 'copy leaders ability' in a 4pt body. CDPR revised this to 'resurrect' in a 1pt body. As for overkill? It's one gold card in one faction, and sometimes he's a 1pt brick if leader is...
  9. X

So, how's your arena experience?

Played x3 games - had a deck with 7x gold cards. Unfortunately I get to go first every game, which in this Arena mode seems to be the absolute kiss of death; and for me it was just removal city. I thought normal mode removal was approaching borderline OTT, but this was just unreal. I ended one...
  10. X

"Skill beats luck."

Did/does it feel like a 3rd person has taken charge of your game and said to you: 'yeah, you're not winning this one even though your oppo doesn't have the tools in his deck to answer your plays, I'm going to give him the win because it's random and fun' It's situations as you describe that are...
  11. X

Scoia'tael's CA and abillities abusing need to get to an End!

Weekly ST hate thread? Check. Moaning about abilities that have been present in ST for ages? Check. No constructive ideas on how to 'fix' the 'problems' addressed? Check. Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along.
  12. X

How does "lock" work in this game?

tealquest - no problem; glad we got there in the end. :)
  13. X

Not quite, no. "Status" means the state of the card at any given time, which most of the time is a binary - it is NOT an ability. Resilience is a status; a unit is either resilient, or it's not. Lock is a status; a unit is either locked, or it's not. Spying is a status; a unit is either...
  14. X

Buffs / boosts: are essentially the same thing - this is when the cards value turns green - you may have heard the term 'hand buff' - this is when a card gets boosted whilst still in your hand & before you play it on the board, so it will hit the board at that increased value. ST make use of...
  15. X

Lock: stops a card's ongoing ability - like Vran Warrior will no longer consume anything once it's locked. Lock does NOT do anything about points or strength. eg: NG Auckes Reset: sets any boosted card back to it's default value; so you 'reset' a 20pt boosted card back to it's 5pt default...
Top Bottom