Search results

+
  1. V

Playing other games

Deus Ex Human Revolution should be with me tomorrow, just in time for a four-day weekend.
  2. V

Which forum are you from?

From the original forum. I left it for a while and then returned just before it broke. But I deny any responsibility for that.
  3. V

Veni, vidi … vendidi

I couldn't agree more, congratulations.This calls for a celebratory re-playing.
  4. V

[EPILOGUE] Alvin's identity

The final cutscene implies a sequel and CDPR have made it known that there is a future for The Witcher world in games. If they don't make a sequel the community are going to surround their building and cut off supplies of pizza and vodka until they do (allegedly ;))
  5. V

[EPILOGUE] Alvin's identity

If you're refering to the final fight, then no, it's either you or him and Geralt will always win to fight another day (and feature in the sequal)
  6. V

Can I safely get rid of books, etc. that I've read?

Isn't the non-disappearing-contract-on-completion a last act bug?
  7. V

The Over-40 Hang-out

Linky
  8. V

The Over-40 Hang-out

You should call the mod "STALKER: Clear Sky" in that case.
  9. V

[ACT I] Should I not use Aard?

Excellent, now you have an excuse (not that you really need one) to play the game again :)
  10. V

Ah, but Aard lets you kill it in one strike, a lot cooler and classier ;)
  11. V

I'm with Edirr on this one: I've never used Spectre Oil and always stunned the Beast first attempt. Last few times I used Blizzard just to take the Barghests out first to keep Abigail alive.
  12. V

[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

It does indeed mean it deals 10 % less damage. Even though there are better swords readily available, it does not mean it is entirely useless, as investing points in fighting styles add their own damage modifiers.
  13. V

[ACT III] Question: Is it worth it to loot all the houses in Trade Quarter?

For a roleplaying slant, I bought every potion/oil/bomb scroll and didn't sell the ones I was given. I only had 4000 orens or so at the end of the game and was so poor in Act 4 I couldn't afford to upgrade my sword :D
  14. V

[ACT III] All the King's Men help(Radovid's hideout key)

I completed it in the Enhanced Edition, clean install, no previous saves. As proof: That was me! :)I could also enter the (empty) house before seeing Radovid, as I remember thinking "This becomes Radovid's hideout" when I went there accidently trying to find the Gambling Den. I can't recall if...
  15. V

[PRICE OF NEUTRALITY] Module discussion

You may have done so already, but have a read through this thread.Have you definately downloaded the upgraded Price of Neutrality module and not trying to play the original?
  16. V

Gaming in the new age. Ideas drawn form the Witcher and further discussion.

Bioshock. For me, getting involved in the story by listening to the tapes, reading the posters and just watching the other characters made it a very immersive experience. The decision whether to kill or cure the Little Sisters and the twist upon meeting Andrew Ryan provided a moral dilemma and a...
  17. V

Are you getting Fallout 3?

That sucks. I had some idea that, for example, paying to get children through college is a major investment, and financial commitment to provide this starts almost as soon as the child is born, but didn't realise the debt the average American was/is in. My original comment was meant as throwaway...
  18. V

Are you getting Fallout 3?

You had to sell land to buy a game? How expensive are games where you live? ;)
  19. V

Too many Dice Boxes - How to remove quest item?

;D Good to see it's not going to waste.
  20. V

Too many Dice Boxes - How to remove quest item?

I'm not so sure. In my current game, for roleplaying reasons, I decided to buy all the Potion, Oil and Bomb scrolls I could find and not sell any I was given. Very near to the end of Act 5 and I only have 3000 Orens :whatthe:
Top Bottom