Search results

+
  1. V

Witcher 1 Chapter 5 Bug- Field Hospital

Witcher 1 Chapter 5 Bug- Field Hospital Hello there, I'm replaying Witcher 1 and encountering a game-stopping bug. I'm on the quest where Geralt helps Zoltan find the refugees and get to Shani's field hospital. When I enter the hospital, the cutscene with Zoltan and then Shani triggers, then I...
  2. V

Dune fans: A "lost" interview with Frank Herbert

Dune fans: A "lost" interview with Frank Herbert Not really lost, but never reprinted since 1984 when it was published in L.A. Reader. Herbert died in 1986. Part one Part two Part three I'm a big fan of the original novel, though I admit by book 3 Herbert kind of lost me with all...
  3. V

Statistics and damned statistics

Statistics and damned statistics Haven't had a philosophical discussion on here in a while, let's see if we can keep this clean. A new study from Yale is getting comment. It shows that the more numerate (mathematically literate) people are, the more likely they are to falsely interpret...
  4. V

Aesthetics in games (with poll)

Aesthetics in games (with poll) I liked this Penny Arcade video on the differing aesthetics of games and how they relate to genres. (can't get it to embed- maybe someone can provide an assist) Edit to provide some definitions for the categories. These are based on the video but are my...
  5. V

Political storytelling

Political storytelling I know that this is a subject near and dear to some Witcher fans, and I thought you might be interested in this essay on political novels: Between the Lines It makes several points about what makes a compelling political story. One of them is that politics can be a...
Top Bottom