Search results

+
  1. S

Are you worried Witcher 3 was "Jump the shark" & future CDPR games will get worse?

Maybe you're right. On that note I also think Blood and Wine was much better than the Witcher 3's main story, and it felt more like a game done by CDPR compared to the main game's narrative. I personally think CDPR trying to cater and please too many different groups with the Witcher 3 led to...
  2. S

Are you worried Witcher 3 was "Jump the shark" & future CDPR games will get worse?

Completely disagree with this part. I think CDPR caved in when it came to pissed off feminists bashing the Witcher games, and we clearly see its negative effects in the dynamics between the characters. The whole dynamic and relationships between the male and female characters in the Witcher 3...
  3. S

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Red Dead 3)

Gun was also an amazing western. Gun was released 1 year after Red Dead Revolver, and it was arguably ahead of the game in many aspects. I actually think Red Dead Redemption gets more inspiration from Gun than it does from Red Dead Revolver. Gun's sequel had so much potential, if there ever...
  4. S

Has it been that long already? (Old man being long-winded)

The way I see it Geralt to Witcher is like Arnold to Terminator. They made Terminator Salvation without Arnold, but although it was a decent movie it didn't feel right. Arnold was missed. It was like the movie had no soul without Arnold, and It didn't feel like a terminator movie. They brought...
  5. S

New Witcher book written by Andrzej Sapkowski. What does it mean for future of the Witcher brand?

If you read into Sapkowski's comments on the Witcher games he has basically said that he doesn't give a flying shit about the games several times in a polite manner. He has the mind set that the games have no effect on his books or what his future plans for the Witcher is, and that is one of...
  6. S

Witcher - the movie - details released

While I agree with you that I don't wanna see misrepresentation of the Witcher characters, as a general rule I'd worry more about Hollywood whitewashing everything. Casting Whites as Egyptians has become a repeated practice in Hollywood and it was repeated in the recent release Gods of Egypt...
  7. S

Witcher - the movie - details released

Actually Zerrikanians are not White, and Sapkowski got the inspiration from the middle east in order to create the fictional Zerrikania. Even in the Polish tv series Zerrikanians are tan and middle eastern looking or at least they tried. In the games Azar Javed who is Zerrikanian looks non...
  8. S

Poll: Who Would You Like to See as the Protagonist for "The Witcher 4"?

Geralt is my favorite video game character and I've played many games, RPG and otherwise. The other characters that come close to Geralt are not even RPG characters. John Marston from Red dead Redemption, Joel from the Last of Us, and Lara from Tomb Raider reboot are some that come close. But...
  9. S

Geralt is one of the best characters created in any form of media in my opinion. He is what drew me and many other fans to the Witcher universe. There's no doubt that Geralt is irreplaceable. So a Witcher 4 without Geralt is doomed, because everyone compares the new character to Geralt. I agree...
  10. S

Vulkan - new generation cross platform graphics and GPGPU computing API

I love how Microsoft has been put into its place as far as PC gaming goes. PC gaming was Microsoft's neglected platform, which rarely received any love. Microsoft basically had a monopoly on PC gaming because of DirectX and Windows, and they didn't see why they should improve their platform with...
  11. S

Will not buy CD project Red game day one ever again.

" Will not buy CD project Red game day one ever again" OK. You don't need dramatically announce it to the world.
  12. S

Building a gaming PC

I see. But I think Nvidia isn't sitting around doing nothing either. They are probably working on stuff quietly.
  13. S

Building a gaming PC

Why? GTX 1070 is looking damn good to me. I thought Nvidia is finally getting it right lol.
  14. S

As much as I don't like to admit it I strongly believe the Witcher franchise is done going forward. I want prequels with Geralt that shed more light on the Wild Hunt and what happened before the trilogy. The stuff that Witcher 3 failed to bring to light. For example a game set during the time...
  15. S

The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

Yeah I'm all for more love to the Linux from CDPR and other developers in general. Very good point.
  16. S

The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

I don't want a remaster. If anything I would like a reboot some time in the future, not near future though.
  17. S

Good bye, CD Projekt Red

I believe the Witcher franchise is done, but the Witcher universe has more potential. The Witcher begins and ends for me with Geralt, Ciri, Yennefer, Dandelion, Triss, Zoltan, and the rest of the crew. There is no need to make another Witcher game especially without Geralt. As much as I hate to...
  18. S

Blood and Wine available May 31st!

Damn. This is really sad for me, cause it's Geralt's final mission. I hope Geralt gets a deserving farewell, and one that remains in the memories of the fans.
  19. S

The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

I wouldn't take CDPR's words during that time seriously. They said something in one interview and then they said something completely different in another interview about the Witcher 3, which was the game that they were developing at the time. This indicates what they said during that period...
  20. S

I realized another reason why TW2 is superior to TW3

Exactly ! This is what I've been trying to say all along. CDPR's failed attempt to merge the book and the games resulted in both fans getting disappointed. Wild Hunt lacked the good aspects of the books, and it also lack the good aspects of the games. Wild Hunt was an incredible game with...
Top Bottom