Search results

+
  1. E

The General Videogame Thread

So in the recent dota TI (The International - the dota world championship, basically), between the matches there was this small match between an AI and one of the old pro players. It wasn't a "real" dota match, it was 1v1 with limited items. The AI won. Later on, amateur players beat the AI...
  2. E

I finally got Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Two hours in and I'm really iffy about it. The combat seems fun (I chose rogue) and I'm eager to get deeper into it, but everything else about the game is... extremely subpar from what I've grown used to. I don't mean to bash it too much, but right now...
  3. E

Horizon Zero Dawn

Hey guys. Been ages since I posted here. I wrote my own amateur review for the game and felt like posting it here too for old time's sake. Let's be frank, brevity isn't my strong suit, and this is after consciously trying to trim it down. Anyway, hope you enjoy. After 57 hours I finished the...
  4. E

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PS4/Xbox One/PC]

But you can have the game auto-arrange it for you?
  5. E

How Much Do You Think Cyberpunk 2077 Has Changed?

I think that the greater your success, the more tempting it becomes to stay in some comfort zone, and not change too much. Flaws included. TW3 was a great success.
  6. E

What's with this generation and remasters? Now BioShock too. Feels like there's a dip in creativity. This entire thing has just been embarrassing. That sounds really rough. I really enjoyed that one.
  7. E

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Didn't the Andromeda mission launch before the end of ME3? A contingency plan, in case the Reapers won, for humanity to survive elsewhere? If that's the case, I don't see why they need to address the novels at all. Ryder's voyage took hundreds of years to Andromeda. Nothing that happens in the...
  8. E

[spoilers] Is it me, or is the BaW ending rushed?

I don't like the three days time skip. Especially since you don't resume control of Geralt. They sit around there doing fuck all with the control taken out of your hands. I think it would've been better if Detlaff just demanded Syanna be brought the upcoming night, to avoid the weirdness of...
  9. E

Character Builds, Ability Points, & How to Kick Ass Thread

At level 24 you're still a bit limited with builds. The variety really comes at the range of level 40, give or take, where you can really dip into the high level abilities of each tree and create nice synergies - mostly with alchemy. So for now I say keep it simple - pick all abilities in the...
  10. E

So apparently Bethesda is working on a Skyrim remaster? What's with all the remasters in this generation? I didn't check it, but my gut tells me the amount is unprecedented, that former generations didn't have nearly as much. And Skyrim is a really odd choice. I don't see why PC users would...
  11. E

Please don't let the witcher series die

I'm glad that the series has an end, and I hope it'll stay that way. TW3 is a great success, yeah, but which is the stronger brand here - The Witcher, or CDPR? I think it's the latter. Not that I have any statistics, but my gut tells me that gamers tend to stick to companies even when they have...
  12. E

Witcher 3 needs a combat overhaul

I feel kinda the same, prince. When playing WH for the first time I was too excited to finally get my hands on the game, like you, to be too critical. HoS had varied enough combat encounters in a game that didn't extend for long for me to not notice. But every since returning a week or so ago to...
  13. E

Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End

Question about the aiming. Maybe it's because I'm new to the console world, but I'm having a terrible time aiming. I don't recall it being this difficult for me in the Nathan Drake Collection. Is it just me? Do I need more practice? Or is the game itself really more difficult? I've been playing...
  14. E

Does anyone know when Uncharted 4's preload begins, and if there are any good deals out there?
  15. E

It was revealed to me in a dream sequence.
  16. E

Late to the talk about what 2016 games to expect, and I didn't see Dishonored 2 mentioned, praised, loved, worshipped and elevated beyond all that is mortal. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves for forgetting my man Corvo. Shame. Shame! (Also Uncharted4DeusEx:MankindDividedDarkSouls3...
  17. E

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Humans as the aliens can be a cool direction, leading to interesting moral and ethical dilemmas. But I doubt BioWare has the desire to do something sophisticated, and I'm pretty sure that MilkyWayers will, generally, be the good guys, and the baddies will be some Andromedans who are big and...
  18. E

Gameplay - depth vs complexity vs fun

Yeah, RPG is thrown around kinda easily nowadays. I don't like delving too deeply in the definition, but I still think there's a point where it becomes a bit too lax. Stats and levels alone being enough is that point. As for complexity - the more, the merrier. I don't really know where I am in...
  19. E

Trying my luck again with you handsome lot. Damn games aren't even working. Any technical advice here? GTA4 doesn't do anything once I try to launch it. Company of Heroes crashes in a second with some report. Far Cry 2 in GOG doesn't launch either. Help a poor gamer.
  20. E

Please CD Proejkt RED no dialogue wheel.

Let's be honest here, it's not as if TW2 and TW3 had so many options to choose from in each conversation, or that we had the full sentence written before us. Off the top of my head, the main difference between it and BioWare's design is mostly visual. With BioWare, you have on the right side of...
Top Bottom