Search results

+
  1. K

What do you think of this combat criticism?

I think it's disappointing that there are so many complaints regarding movement and combat. Some feel the current system is fine, but obviously an issue exists for some people. When it comes to fundamentals like movement and gameplay, Devs gotta make sure they nail these. With all the posts on...
  2. K

What would make the game perfect for you?

1. Fix the frame rate on the PS4 2. Improve the movement, dramatically. 3. More engaging combat. It is boring as enemies repeat a very simple attack move set. I believe the first can be partly fixed, the second and third are unlikely to change. I just came back from a business trip, and it is...
  3. K

I gave the game a ten out of ten but it had flaws

And probably that is the issue. I know as well that I've also loved games to the point of blindness. I'm sure this is one of the difficulties of an aspiring critic: separating emotion from their reviews.
  4. K

I gave the game a ten out of ten but it had flaws

I think when you mention you experienced game breaking bugs yet rated the game a 10, it gives developers a pass in the future when releasing buggy games. At the same time, when we start rating incomplete or buggy games highly it diminishes the significance of scoring an 8, 9, 10 or anything in...
  5. K

xbox one person(s) in distress bug?

I've still got that on my map. I must have killed the bandits at some point, but no one is in the cage.
  6. K

Is the game safe to purchase now?

If you're on PS4, give it some time. Haven't got anything aside from the day 1 patch, and things aren't as rosy as some people make it out to be. It's a good, but very much incomplete game. Wait for the next couple patches and see what people are saying after that.
  7. K

NPCs loading/spawning very slowly PS4

NPCs loading/spawning very slowly PS4 Having an issue when I run around or quickly go from one area to the next. Easiest to see this in Novigrad (but not limited to). If I run to different parts of the city, NPCs/merchants will not have loaded and will not appear for a few seconds. At times...
  8. K

Combat in The Witcher 3

The game has been released. If it isn't broke, I don't see them changing things much. Obviously the movement sucks, and that can be tweaked, but asking for more animations in combat is probably something that wouldn't be answered until Witcher 4.
  9. K

The lack of level scaling is ruining my immersion.

So far, the only issue I have had with enemy level is with guards in Novigrad. I attacked a guard there when I was maybe level 10. The guard took two swings of his sword and I was dead. I understand that guards should be fairly powerful, but that was ridiculous. In that certain case, it seemed...
  10. K

10 things I love about The Witcher 3:

#6 is my biggest love for the game. Some of the characters and quests are just best in class when it comes to big open games like this. When I played DA:I, I really didn't care much about the characters or wanted to hear more about them. The witcher, on the other hand, I find myself always...
  11. K

Looks like 2015 GAME OF THE YEAR is between Witcher 3 vs Batman 3 vs Bloodborne...

You've got some good points there, I never considered games having to overcome hype, and the effect of being an exclusive. On the other hand I think there can be a lot of people that will defend a hyped game when it isn't warranted. You can have a game being praised more than it should. It's...
  12. K

Looks like 2015 GAME OF THE YEAR is between Witcher 3 vs Batman 3 vs Bloodborne...

How can you say a game is a GOTY contender before it has even released? Games this generation have been releasing riddled with bugs and obviously before they were fully ready... The witcher is one of them. For me, the game of the year contender that is far away in the lead is Bloodborne. The...
  13. K

PS4 frame drops from time to time

Our hardware is the same so we should expect the same performance... One thing that makes this a bit subjective is how sensitive or forgiving someone might be to drops in frame rate. I can get some furstrating drops depending on the weather, lighting effects, and of course number of...
  14. K

Very disappointed with the combat

I believe combat controls work out okay, and think the OP may just have been posting while still early in the game. I remember getting taken apart by groups of enemies when I first got in to Velen. Not the case anymore. What I really have problems with, however, is how the AI attacks for most...
  15. K

PS4 frame drops from time to time

The frame rate issue on the PS4 isn't "time to time", it's constant. While they say they are working on it, I highly doubt they will be able to get this game steady at 30... But at this point, I'll take any improvements they can give.
  16. K

AI Combat Move-set

AI Combat Move-set Does combat deeper in the game improve upon the AI move-set? I'm finding combat to be generic and similarly patterned with a lot of enemies. If you've spent any time in the game you've likely noticed that many enemy attack move-sets begin with an attack, followed by an...
  17. K

Request: Better Controls / Quicker Character Movement Changes

+1 from me. No idea how this movement made it out of beta... (Although there's quite a bit in this game that makes you wonder if beta even ended.) No matter how much I play the game, I find I'm still getting frustrated by the movement. Throw in dodgey targeting during combat and the woeful ps4...
  18. K

[PS4] Frame-Rate & Stutter

I definitely see drops in frame rate when using igni, and when around lit areas. The worst I've experienced (in my relatively short play time) is when retrieving the baron's child to turn in to a lubberkin. The fights with the spectres are TERRIBLE... Fighting multiple enemies with individual...
  19. K

Why is my game running so well?

I'm confused. Are you asking for ways to decrease performance, or just gloating in the tech support forum that you aren't having certain technical issues?
  20. K

BIG patch coming in 6-7 days

I would love for you guys to get that patch asap... Really want to know what the changes are.
Top Bottom