Search results

+
  1. helios396

Ludonarrative dissonance

Fair enough. I think the way CDPR promoted the game before release also played a role here. All the promotion materials made it feel like we're going to enter a new world where we can have fun with reckless abandon, no guilty feeling, just fun. Like crafting (or at least watching) the journey of...
  2. helios396

Ludonarrative dissonance

I think it's a common problem in open world games. The dissonance between the urgency and tone of the main story and the free roaming side activities. Like in Witcher 3, storywise Geralt needed to find Ciri as soon as possible, she could be in mortal danger but when we go out to the open world...
  3. helios396

Do you read shards?

Mostly. If it gives additional insight to how the ingame world works, I always read it. I do have a gripe on shards that reads like an excerpt of a chat between teenagers, with zero additional context whatsoever. Those that reads like A: heyo have you seen diz? B: what you talking bout...
  4. helios396

Where are all the sexy outfits?

I'm still very early in the game but I wish there are clothing items in early game that doesn't make my V look like a hobo. Some simple dress shirt or formal jacket would be great. Basically, it would be better if they make all common styles (sexy, rough, formal, casual) available in all phases...
  5. helios396

Where's the game we saw in the trailers?

It's been a major disappointment. I guess the bottom line that we all can take is to never expect any game to be able to meet our expectations. No game should be treated like it's gonna be the holy grail of video games before customers actually get their hands on it. Shit happens during the...
  6. helios396

Install HoS and B&W?

If you have the time, I suggest you play the first two games before going into TW3. Sure, they're less polished compared to TW3 (especially TW1) but I guarantee you'll be able to enjoy TW3 much more if you already know what happened before and who's who in the game's world. The world of the...
  7. helios396

How will you start Blood and Wine?

I am seriously in a dilemma about this. I'm currently still in Novigrad on my NG+ playthrough. Been putting this game on the backburner until I bought a new PC recently because my old one refused to run the game properly since 1.07 dropped. I haven't seen any of the game's new contents post...
  8. helios396

Blood and Wine -- Launch Trailer!

Music was a bit out of place, but it did remind me of TW1 soundtracks. Might would have been better if it's a fusion music (or whatever it's called, sorry) like TW1 ending credits theme. Best of both worlds! It's still one of the best video game ending credits theme in my book.
  9. helios396

[SPOILER] Who is really the Tree Spirit of Velen?

Is it possible that the spirit and the Crones were once elves? I remember when Ciri was held by the Crones one of them said that Ciri's blood reminds them of their youth. And there's also the familiarity in the way they speak of Eredin, like they know him personally or something. Just what I...
  10. helios396

A question about stuttering fix

Done that, not fixing the problem at all. I had better luck by installing older graphics driver, which seems to make it somewhat better. Stutters are still there now, but at least it's not constant anymore. Still very annoying though.
  11. helios396

The Church of the Eternal Rain !

Yep, happened to me too. I once meditated for days, went from a clean-shaven Geralt to a half-full bearded Geralt and the rain's still not stopping... It's amazing that the area's not flooded yet:eredinfacepalm:
  12. helios396

Patch 1.11 Changelog

I see that the performance issues and the audio stutters post 1.10 are still not fixed yet. I can't even play more than an hour or two before every battle turns into a static noise party :X I'll be waiting here (not so) patiently for the fix. These patches are such a double-edged blade, I...
  13. helios396

1.2 What do you want to see in that Patch?

Most important: the performance/frame rate drops issue, I hope CDPR won't make this wonderful game unplayable for people with less than high-end PC like me. I understand the feeling of wanting to make the game more beautiful but at the expense of drastic drop of performance? I hope CDPR can...
  14. helios396

Major frame rate drops after patch 1.10

Anyone with an Nvidia having this problem should try rolling back to older drivers beside the usual suggestions (verify game files, delete settings files, etc). I did that and my problems are mostly gone. Still has audio stutters coming up randomly but I can play (relatively) smoothly again.
  15. helios396

Bug Tracking Megathread

Something weird happened to me just now. I was visiting Oxenfurt for the first time in a NG+ playthrough, and then fast traveled to somewhere in the wilderness, but Oxenfurt's music kept on playing eventhough I was clearly not in Oxenfurt anymore. Even when entering a battle, the music playing...
  16. helios396

Performance is very bad since Patch 1.10

Yep, I also think it's a driver issue. I tried 352.86 and the audio stutter is still there after a few minutes of playing, but it's much better than I had with 358.50. It's only there when Geralt is in battle and stops when he's not. Audio in cutscenes is still horribly out of sync too with the...
  17. helios396

My audio stutter is still not gone yet. Already uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia driver, even removed the HD audio one. Already reinstalled the game too. No dice. Tried the 358.59 hotfix driver, it did raise my FPS to be the smoothest I've had since 1.10, even sometimes higher than what...
  18. helios396

Yes, oh god we're in the same situation (not something to be happy about but I'm pretty frustrated at this point since my game is now unplayable). After playing for a while yesterday I also found out that my FPS dropped again after some time playing (20-30 minutes, sometimes earlier), at the...
  19. helios396

[Post 1.10] Broken audio after playing for 10-15 minutes

[Post 1.10] Broken audio after playing for 10-15 minutes Like what the title said, post 1.10 I can't play for more than 15 minutes without the audio starting to stutter and make sputtering sounds. It's like loading up a scratched CD to a CD player. It usually starts if Geralt walks to a...
  20. helios396

Rolled back to 355.98 from 358.50, see if it can help you :) In my case it turns out that the driver didn't affect much, I already restored to the latest driver after that and the performance is still good. Settings file was the culprit. The audio stutter is still there though...
Top Bottom