Search results

+
  1. D

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gets a FREE next-gen update on December 14th!

Just checking - the quote above says free for everyone who already owns any version of the game - however the advert says only those that have purchased GOTY edition - what's real? I bought Witcher 3 on first release, then Blood n Wine and Hearst of Stone when they were released - so all bought...
  2. D

Physical Gwent Cards Appreciaton Thread

I managed to grab from various internet resources the images of all the cards and spent a few weeks editing the pics to fit into a format that an independent printer could use and a few weeks later my cards arrived: Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWkY099riU On playing our first game...
  3. D

All Things Gwent Thread

The FULL decks arrived today! \o/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWkY099riU Decided to go for tarot card size and linen cards. The quality of the cards is awesome, the print/details aren't great but good enough to see/read no problem (I was only using 96dpi images - almost hi-res but not...
  4. D

Hearts of Stone retail boxed edition

Personally, I don't think those prices are that bad! I'm going independant and printing off all cards (approx 310 in all) and it's cost me around £50 UK.....The company I think is registered in the states, but the example cards arrived from Germany....so I didn't have to pay any US...
  5. D

All Things Gwent Thread

Nice cards Adonai! Think the quality of yours is much better than my examples! But, it's ok.....main thing is - the game's playable now :) (Well, mine will be when my cards arrive in about 10 days time) :) The size I chose was kinda more tarot card size (as it seemed to be the cheaper of the...
  6. D

All Things Gwent Thread

Yeah, was hoping CDPR would be releasing these in full, but I don't think there's anything planned for this in the future.....so, just checked it's ok to get a full set printed myself (without breaching copyright laws etc), and it's fine. Now to upload the full 300+ cards to the printer company...
  7. D

All Things Gwent Thread

My Gwent Deck - example cards arrived! Hi all o/ Well, after 3 weeks my example Gwent deck cards arrived in the post. Not the greatest quality but they are perfect to play with. Looks like the company got the backs of the cards printed on the wrong cards but I'll chase this up with them...
  8. D

[ARTICLE] Do Open Worlds Do More Harm Than Good?

The difference I see is that Witcher 3 is a true "open-world" game. MGSV is in no way an "open-world" game.....It's marketed as such, but it's not true. The maps, whilst some are quite large, there are only set paths you can go....you just can't decide to charge off into the mountains of...
  9. D

Gwent Deck - is this a breach of copyright?

Visited a store in my home town this morning (UK based) to see the quality of cards they can print out....quality is awesome, but they are unable to create a proper card deck with correct corners/laminate/finishers etc.....So, I'm now waiting for a US company to send me their first 5 cards to...
  10. D

That's true Wolven, yet I'll only be playing a few slow games with my wife and a couple of friends who also like The Witcher 3....So, speed of game is a moot point for this. I was also thinking that it would be quite easy to solve to make it digital, and that would be to make the board with...
  11. D

No probe Wolven...planning putting in a three-dial number roller for each player on the board....Not too bothered about the numbers, yet I do agree with you that it is much more easily managed digitally.... Might add an element into the game when people can't add up correctly :) Will see how it...
  12. D

Awesome thanks....time to get my woodworking tools out and get cracking with the board :) \o/ Any answer to my first question too? i.e. Will cdpr mass produce and sell Gwent in the future? Thanks again!
  13. D

HI all, Just wanted to keep this one bumped for the time being as I would like some feedback from mods or CDPR.....mainly if there will be any hope of a Gwent game hitting the stores sometime this year (2015)..... ? Also, I would like clarity on the intellectual copyright issue.....i.e. If I...
  14. D

Two decks? I want all four decks and all the neutral cards :P I've seen all of the ones for sale on the net (usually from the xbox package) - way overpriced..... Waiting on some feedback from local print companies.... Cheers,
  15. D

Would much prefer to chuck some money at CDPR instead, but I can't see any reports of this coming out in the future......
  16. D

Gwent Deck - is this a breach of copyright? Hi all, If I have a copy of the pictures of the Gwent cards, and manage to find a company to print these for me - am I breaching copyright? The purpose of the cards is to use to play, not to sell....but I wanted to check. Would I or the company...
  17. D

Anyone else know what happened to this feature?

That's unfortunate it was removed but I understand the reasons why. I just think it is a shame as I would probably laugh my *&^ off if I got hit by a squall and got tipped outa my boat in the middle of the ocean by a massive wave haha....I can see how it would be frustrating, but it would add...
  18. D

Extremely Fair Article About Witcher 3

A couple of recent good points guys - let's still try and keep it professional and well presented though - last thing we need is this blowing up into a flame war..... I've often noticed in my travels (lived in multiple countries for extended periods of time), that the racism card gets pulled...
  19. D

Kaer Morhen cutscene fails.....Re: When Ciri knocks the helmet off the target dummy

Thanks DXMG, but I can't see how this could be the case with the rig I'm running.... AMD FX-9370 8-core at 4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 4GB AMD Radeon R9 290X....when running WItcher at ultra high settings, the card itself is running at around 50 to 60% capability.....I usually only run Witcher on it's own...
  20. D

Extremely Fair Article About Witcher 3

It came across to me as he only really "got it" after Isle of Mists.....perhaps as a journo article he has not explored the full game to it's (epic) potential and maybe just blatted through the main story line....I don't know for sure though, but that's how it came across to me.
Top Bottom