Search results

+
  1. simon_brooke

The 'Only Pain' side job: what's the point?

There's a side job in Vista Del Rey, called 'Only Pain'. Other people have reported bugs in this quest; I don't think I saw a bug, but I completely don't understand the point. Two NCPD cruisers are parked in an alleyway. Three NCPD officers are beating up a corpo. There's no dialog. When you go...
  2. simon_brooke

Thoughts for a police mod

I was listening to the Cyberpunk Lorecast today, about the NCPD; and one of the participants said it would be fun to be able to play as a police officer in the Cyberpunk world... And I thought, OK, yes, that would be cool. By having a mod which introduces a new story into a world after main...
  3. simon_brooke

The Lake Farm Hill Climb

I've started a wee project to review each of the vehicles in the game, and to do that, I've found a route which it's pretty hard to drive cleanly in any but the most tractable of them: Start at the Solar Power Station rapid travel point, drive as fast as you can to the Lake Farm rapid travel...
  4. simon_brooke

[SPOILERS] Pyramid Song/Male V

This is basically all spoilers about Pyramid Song.
  5. simon_brooke

Death, Glory, and Cyberpunk

Let's suppose for a moment that you're a member -- the most junior member, the rookie -- of a squad. Your squad may be police, it may be corporate security, it may be a criminal gang; this doesn't matter. What does matter is that it exists in an environment in which all these things exist, and...
  6. simon_brooke

Vehicle Reviews

I thought I'd post a thread of reviews of vehicles I've driven, mostly to provoke other people into suggesting for me vehicles I should try. Firstly, some general points: You can carry your entire stash on anything, including Jackie's ARCH, so there's no point in having a truck just to carry...
  7. simon_brooke

Comrades' Hammer: opinions?

I'm wondering whether anyone really loves Comrade's Hammer. For those not in the know, Comrade's Hammer is an iconic handgun which has to be reloaded after every shot fired – but that shot is much more powerful than most handguns. I thought Comrade's Hammer might suit me because my style is to...
  8. simon_brooke

Things you can't do in Act One

I'm currently on my second play through, and one of the things I've been trying to do is upgrade my character as far as possible before The Heist; so I've been doing as many of the Assault in Progress, Organised Crime Activity, and minor gigs as I can. So far the things that I've discovered I...
  9. simon_brooke

The Bucking Mule

Was it really supposed to spawn like this? I did try to get in, but wasn't able to - so I can't tell you whether it's drivable. But that is my Mule.
  10. simon_brooke

Can you name savegames?

Savegames get titled with the name of the quest you were doing at the time. This isn't very helpful, since after each sidequest you complete the game will select whatever main quest sequence quest you haven't yet done, and you end up with dozens of savegames all called "Gimme Danger". I'd like...
  11. simon_brooke

What would you do if you had €100k to spend on new content?

We all know that there's a lot of things that could be added to this game. I'm not meaning fixing bugs, and I'm not going to argue about what is 'cut content'. Any content that isn't in the game now is 'new content' from the point of view of this thread. Yes, I know a lot of people would like a...
  12. simon_brooke

Where/when do you get the Kerry Eurodyne quest line

I'm 85 hours into the game, I've complted the Judy, Panam and River questlines, but I haven't seen Kerry Eurodyne (outside Johnny's flashbacks) at all. What have I missed? Does it just all happen late in the game? I have to admit I'm avoiding main quest missions (at 'Gimme Danger') partly...
  13. simon_brooke

Favourite Easter Eggs?

I was just doing the Cyberpsycho/Beach Cafe quest, and loved... Anyone else found fun easter eggs?
  14. simon_brooke

The Union: Sketch outine for a Cyberpunk mod

People have been asking for story mods, and particularly for story mods about Judy. I've written a draft outline of one. Wpi;d this interest you? If it was built, would you play it? Can you think of ways to improve my plot outline? Would you join a modding crew to build it? Obviously, I'm only...
  15. simon_brooke

Damn, these Delamains are tough!

So, I'm trying to stop the Wellsprings Delamain. It says you have to damage it... I've crashed my Little Mule into it repeatedly, thrown grenades at it, shot it up with a sniper rifle, stolen a garbage truck and shunted it into a bridge peir, and still the prompt says 'do more damage'... Damn...
  16. simon_brooke

The Hunt braindances: question/speculation...

The whole of this post is a spoiler for The Hunt, so I've put it in a 'spoiler' block...
  17. simon_brooke

Repeated hard crashes in patch 1.11

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. Prior to 1.11 I had had one hard crash in about sixty hours of gameplay; in the past two hours, I've had five, one of which blew away Windows. These have been while at the farm, as part of The Hunt quest, in case that's relevant. I've sent in automated...
  18. simon_brooke

Dammit, I just drove the Basilisk, and (unspoilers)

I just drove the Basilisk, and it has steering that works! Unlike every other useless undriveable vehicle in this game, you can actually steer it and make it go where you intended to go! What the absolute hell? Cars are the worst bug in this game -- totally unusable, really spoil the...
Top Bottom