CDPR hack topic/Ransomware discussion. Be COOL, my Stainless Steel Ratlings. -Sard

+
DarthRaver8686;n8849830 said:
Anyone else think its weird that mike hasnt commented on any of this leak business?? Hes usually very active on cybrerpunkgame subreddit and for this...a very important topic...nothing. its almost like hes "gone dark"

Yes, that's very odd...

Lisbeth_Salander;n8849950 said:
It was pretty popular on reddit too, 1904 comments wew.

35k upvotes, and also present in both Cyberpunk and Cyberpunk 2077 subreddits.

Sardukhar;n8850010 said:
new truck and RFB 7.62!

Geez I wonder if you're american.

DarthRaver8686;n8849830 said:
Anyone else think its weird that mike hasnt commented on any of this leak business?? Hes usually very active on cybrerpunkgame subreddit and for this...a very important topic...nothing. its almost like hes "gone dark"
MadqueenShow;n8850040 said:
Yes, that's very odd...

It was Mike behind the leaks all along.

MadqueenShow;n8849800 said:
The thing is that they are rumours so I won't know if they're fake until Sunday.
Then, why do you discuss about a game before its release if it's not to speculate? That's what people's been doing for long here. Speculating. About Ciri being in the game. About the gameplay mechanics. About what character classes are going to be in the game and what not. About the cyberware that will be available. About character creation. And all the people discussing here, we don't have a clue about what are we going to find in the game, but we speculate.
You may not like specualtion, I understand that, but then I find pretty odd that you are in a forum based on speculation.

The thing about Ciri is that she have travel to the era of cyberpunk the thing about that story is that it might be a speculation that she is perhaps making a cameo/easter egg kind of thing. Those are speculations as to if she might be in or not. Since that is what she talked with the witcher in the game, both sitting close to the fireplace.

What I am aiming as a referral to what most people always comment about is just rumors. Not speculations and things that might be in something in kind of away, I can even be part of speculations. But giving rumors as to someone said away from the sources, that is going to happen and or be without the proper channels just for making a buzz, is something to take in consideration. To not mislead people. Rumors are not speculations. And vice-versa.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8850200 said:
Geez I wonder if you're american.

No! I'm having some kind of mid-life crisis involving (newer) guns and (newer, smaller) trucks! Wheee! It helps that you can overclock modern trucks. Basically I'm driving around in a sexy laptop.

I checked out the reddits - as usual, they were less interesting than here, but funnier. They also have REDs commenting, which is nice. WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO?

Sardukhar;n8850480 said:
I checked out the reddits - as usual, they were less interesting than here, but funnier. They also have REDs commenting, which is nice. WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO?

There's also fun on Discord!

While I truly believe that no publicity is "bad" publicity (...people have proven over time that they like fires...) the fact remains that creative ventures are a balancing act (...and fires always require a lot of clean-up...). Plus, there are legal implications that can affect things from odd angles. I strongly, seriously doubt that this was any form of publicity stunt. Best thing to be done at this point is just quietly flag anything that looks like more leaking or troublemaking and let CDPR get things realigned.

Was there not some info that came out a bit ago that Mike Pondsmith was going to not be as active in social media and interviews and what not due to currently being in the end bit of creation of his own pnp rpg things that he is part of making?

This is either the surprise marketing scheme that was announced a month or so ago , or it was a legit ransomeware attack and likely by someone that didnt even know what cdpr was until they got ahold of their stuff. I am baffled how a game developer would have sensitive information even connected to a network that isnt specificly used for development to where it wouldnt be susceptable otherwise. Also if cdpr is telling the truth about the leaks they arent anything that would spoil anything for us either way if they dont represent the actual game right ?

Last edited:
Dr.Chaos-ver1.0;n8859390 said:
by someone that didnt even know what cdpr was until they got ahold of their stuff

how would that work? stuff like this doesn't exactly just fall into your lap.

Dr.Chaos-ver1.0;n8859390 said:
I am baffled how a game developer would have sensitive information even connected to a network that isnt specificly used for development to where it wouldnt be susceptable otherwise.

didn't have to be online, could have been an ex-employee

Listen guys, as much as i post on here about how this is a pr stunt i know deep down inside that it probably isnt. I just want this game so friggin bad. I mean theres just no other game coming out that even comes close to giving me what i wanf when it comes to open world rpgs. Ive been waiting for this game since 2013 when i first watched thw trailer n im just like come onnn!!! Everyday this game doesnt come out i die just a little bit inside lol. Dont get me wrong there are alot of good games coming out. But im one of those people who r just really picky with the type of games i play. They are generally open world and generally rpgs. Mass effect was another i was waiting for as i love the series but it just let me down so bad. I need soemthing to restore my faith in the gaming industry ya know???

lord_blex;n8859870 said:
how would that work? stuff like this doesn't exactly just fall into your lap.

didn't have to be online, could have been an ex-employee

Look up wanna cry (cia hack tools ) and ransomeware attacks , about a month back they announced the marketing scheme would be a surprise .

I'd be beyond surprised if this was a marketing ploy, this is CDPR we're dealing with here not some asset flipper.

I wonder what did those "hackers" showed as a proof. If you're looking for ransom money, you wouldn't play your cards right away, but it's not like they sent a "kurwa gives us moni or riot" email.
And how does the project that kept in secret for so much time succesfully up to this day now in such danger?

And what does mean "old and unrepresentative"? Again, same old story, the script will be rewritten by a different person like with The Witcher 3 just for the sake of old docs being unrepresentative? I don't even focus on that the game will likely delayed up to plus six months to whatever planned release date.

Top Bottom