...can we have our patch now...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
...can we have our patch now...

...after doing the usual developer scumbag trick of holding finished pc critical fixes back in order to make sure your precious console market doesnt feel sad, now that they have THEIR patch can we have our patch now too? Or do we have to wait another week just so that you can continue to push console preference?

Does that sound a bit bitter? Good, because I am... you acknowledge bugs in the game, you FIX them, but then tell us we cant HAVE our fixes for clearly broken game issues for utterly ridiculous reasons. Why so much PC hate from CDPR? You made a great game, no denying that, but your post-release conduct for the pc is atrocious and insulting for people who paid for the game and are now being told they're not worthy enough to have it fixed.

Have similar posts been made before? I hope so, and I hope more are to come so that CDPR finally get the message that this isn't fair, and its a dirty trick to pull.

what are the utterly ridiculous reasons?

if you actually have anything that isnt stupid ass made up propaganda and/or whiny entitled drama, I'd love to hear it..

Far as I know, we dont know why the patch hasnt been released for PC yet.

I'm thinking maybe the PC community as a whole is being a bit immature about this matter. I play on the PC and haven't even been playing the game while waiting for this patch. It's been very frustrating, but we'll get it when we get it and no amount of begging or pleading will change that.. I've gotten back into modding Skyrim and I even walked outside earlier today. Be patient my friend.

what are the utterly ridiculous reasons?

if you actually have anything that isnt stupid ass made up propaganda and/or whiny entitled drama, I'd love to hear it..

Far as I know, we dont know why the patch hasnt been released for PC yet.

this is the pc section, why dont you console crusaders stick to your side of the wall?

---------- Updated at 12:11 AM ----------

I'm thinking maybe the PC community as a whole is being a bit immature about this matter. I play on the PC and haven't even been playing the game while waiting for this patch. It's been very frustrating, but we'll get it when we get it and no amount of begging or pleading will change that.. I've gotten back into modding Skyrim and I even walked outside earlier today. Be patient my friend.

for a start, thanks for being more civil than some here..

i disagree that its immature to expect critical bugs to be fixed.. just because we play on a platform thats less respected by the developer, doesnt mean its 'entitlement' or 'immature' to expect that it be fixed when the developer is aware of game-breaking bugs... its not entitlement or immature to expect a reasonable level of care to be given to paying customers...

why dont you console crusaders stick to your side of the wall?
I like that "Console Crusader"

---------- Updated at 12:16 AM ----------

this is the pc section, why dont you console crusaders stick to your side of the wall?

i disagree that its immature to expect critical bugs to be fixed.. just because we play on a platform thats less respected by the developer, doesnt mean its 'entitlement' or 'immature' to expect that it be fixed when the developer is aware of game-breaking bugs... its not entitlement or immature to expect a reasonable level of care to be given to paying customers...
Maybe "immature" wasn't the proper word, I apologize for that. The point I'm trying to make is that getting worked up over it won't fix anything, if it does ANYTHING, all the constant negativity (However justified it may or may not be) will only result in Devs avoiding the forums, like another pretty popular company does now.

I like that "Console Crusader"

---------- Updated at 12:16 AM ----------

Maybe "immature" wasn't the proper word, I apologize for that. The point I'm trying to make is that getting worked up over it won't fix anything, if it does ANYTHING, all the constant negativity (However justified it may or may not be) will only result in Devs avoiding the forums, like another pretty popular company does now.

nah, devs disrespecting customers has to stop, if we didn't do anything we'd keep getting batman arkham knight type of ports. It's already past midnight in poland, is pretty obvious this won't be coming for about 10+ hours, they will probably say something along the lines "see guys the pc patch wasn't held hostage to make console players happy, we were just finishing it, it would have been too obvious to say we finished it at the same time console certification was done"

lol, I am on your "side of the wall".

Do you actually have any evidence that the patch was/is held up by anything conole related other than "obviously it was because money/they hate us/etc"?

The question is what is "reasonable" to expect. if they dont release a PC patch for days, or weeks, then you might start to have a point. Right now we have a promise of 24 hours, which isnt bad and certainly not the whine fest drama most of us on "this side of the wall" are making it out to be.

nah, devs disrespecting customers has to stop, if we didn't do anything we'd keep getting batman arkham knight type of ports. It's already past midnight in poland, is pretty obvious this won't be coming for about 10+ hours, they will probably say something along the lines "see guys the pc patch wasn't held hostage to make console players happy, we were just finishing it, it would have been too obvious to say we finished it at the same time console certification was done"

Lol "devs disrespecting customers". You guys have no clue. I've personally never seen a company as responsive to post-release support as CDPR. How many patches have we had since release now? 7? Why do you guys just assume they are holding back patches? Where is your proof of that? If anything, the timeframe in which the devs are pumping out these fixes is crazy fast and are clearly being as thorough as reasonably possible with such a massive game.

To that effect, no tat2teel had it right when he said the original post was immature as that's all it is. It's immature because the dude needs to learn that companies release fixes and updates that work best with their schedule and after they're sure the new patch is going to work and not break more than it fixes. It's also immature because it's a gross display of impatience. Many people, like the op, are acting as if we've been waiting 6 months for these promised fixes or some other ridiculous length of time when it's been merely a few weeks. To assume the devs are openly doing something negative towards their customers is unfounded and just plain dumb. You don't actively alienate your customer base and CDPR thus far has gone above and beyond to please their customers. Assuming something is disrespectful because your childish impatience gets the better of you and you can't have what you want right this very minute is shortsighted, rude, and completely immature.

While some of it is just general teen and tween drama fishing, some of it is because the PC community has been dumped on by almost every major developer out there. A lot of PC players saw CDPR as one of the few left that truly cared about the PC community. Now with this whole simultaneous patch thing, or even slightly delayed over the consoles, a lot of folks feel like their trust and faith in CDPR to do the right thing was misplaced and feel a bit betrayed. An "Et Tu, Brute?" type of feeling if you will.

If this were an Ubisoft game, there wouldn't be a single shit given, because everyone knows Ubisoft doesn't care about the PC players to begin with. But CDPR was that bastion of hope so to speak, and since the standards and expectations were and are so high for CDPR by the PC gamers, even a tiny thing is a huge let down.

Now none of that is my personal opinion. I even predicted the possibility of a slight delay because all hands on deck were to get the console patches finished so they could get them into certification process, then all hands switched to PC patch and have been rushing to finish it by the time the console certification is up. From an internal logistics point of view this would be the most logical thing to do in optimizing time and getting the patch out to as many people as soon as possible.

To me it's pretty clear they either hit a snag on the final push to finish up the PC patch, or, from the freestyle way of doing things there at CDPR I have heard about, they would be able to cram something pretty cool and specific to PC in, but it required an extra few hours to a day to complete and decided to freestyle it a bit to add it in delaying the patch just a bit. (If I were a gambling man, I'd wager it's probably something to do with Windows 10 functionality and optimization for that, maybe even a bit of DX12 integration). So I'm totally cool with the wait. It sucks, but given my PC gaming experience with other developers, I'm still highly pleased with CDPR and know they won't let me down even if some console peasant gets to use the storage chest a day before I do.

I appreciate that post DustinMock. It came across very fair and objective. I think DX12 integration would be cool, though I think that would take a bit longer than a few extra hours. I'd love to be wrong on that point and even hope so, I'm not a programmer so I've no idea how it works. I'm waiting, checking in, and messing around with Skyrim until the patch is out.

I appreciate that post DustinMock. It came across very fair and objective. I think DX12 integration would be cool, though I think that would take a bit longer than a few extra hours. I'd love to be wrong on that point and even hope so, I'm not a programmer so I've no idea how it works. I'm waiting, checking in, and messing around with Skyrim until the patch is out.

I'm sure it isn't easy and time consuming, but I'd imagine there have been some folks working on it for quite some time now. What I mean is that I wouldn't be surprised if at the 11th hour one of the guys working on some DX12 features spoke up and said "Hey we have parts X, Y, and Z done and ready to go, why not throw those into the patch as well so when Windows 10 comes out in a couple weeks players will get a chance to utilize them." So they decided to go back and start recompiling the patch with those few extra's tossed in at the cost of a few hours to a day getting it uploaded onto GoG and steam.

Or, just when they thought they were done with the patch, someone came across a pretty serious bug in the patch with windows 10 that needed to be addressed before releasing the patch.

Obviously that's pure conjecture, but I can say with 100% certainty, The folks at CDPR didn't say "meh, who cares about PC, it's buy one get one free night at the the Pub!"

Now none of that is my personal opinion. I even predicted the possibility of a slight delay because all hands on deck were to get the console patches finished so they could get them into certification process, then all hands switched to PC patch and have been rushing to finish it by the time the console certification is up. From an internal logistics point of view this would be the most logical thing to do in optimizing time and getting the patch out to as many people as soon as possible.

To me it's pretty clear they either hit a snag on the final push to finish up the PC patch, or, from the freestyle way of doing things there at CDPR I have heard about, they would be able to cram something pretty cool and specific to PC in, but it required an extra few hours to a day to complete and decided to freestyle it a bit to add it in delaying the patch just a bit. (If I were a gambling man, I'd wager it's probably something to do with Windows 10 functionality and optimization for that, maybe even a bit of DX12 integration). So I'm totally cool with the wait. It sucks, but given my PC gaming experience with other developers, I'm still highly pleased with CDPR and know they won't let me down even if some console peasant gets to use the storage chest a day before I do.

Yep, I think most of the people who have been posting about specific bugs and more so, exchanging emails with CDPR re: those bugs, can see this all going on in the background. It's obvious they are (or were - assuming the patch goes live anytime soon) still trying to get as many fixes into the patch as possible. Since it takes very little time to go from finalizing to hosting at that level, it's likely a very common practice at this point.

Also, it's fairly common knowledge that reveals about fixes, new features, etc are just not what these devs (or any devs) do when it comes to making sure that everything is continuously tested and restested to make sure they nail it down before letting us know what's in the patch. On the rare occasions they do, such as the recent one about the new movement mode, it's usually something they've already finished testing on.

Seems like there are many younger, unaware members of the pc community that think this is EA or Ubi and we are getting sold a bill of goods. It's a little sad.

i think the 'older, more indifferent members' seem to have given in and rolled over. CDPR has clearly shown their desire to be just like the big boys, and to that end have started changing their behaviour.

It's interesting that you say that we 'think this is EA'... yeah id go along with that, they most definitely have started to become just like that... or do we still believe the rubbish they told us RE: that wonderful downgrade debacle where they promised the final release would look exactly the same as the first gameplay videos, and it was only AFTER the release (because maximising profits is the primary goal of any company - which is fine, but its certainly a driving force for companies like EA) that they were finally honest... Or when they promised no console preorder exclusivity? Why have you learned nothing from this? Why do you still think rainbows shoot out of CDPR's ass and that they are beyond reproach and do no wrong by the pc community? Where does this rabid blind devotion come from?

CDPR has already made an extensive list of what has ALREADY been FIXED and FINISHED in the patch, they did this a week ago... combined with the fact that cdpr has historically pulled the usual developer/publisher bs the same as EA or UBI or ACTIVISION does of lying through their teeth to calm the masses who get upset at legitimate issues... all i know is cdpr has been dishonest too many times to the pc community for anyone to just blindly accept their word for things any more, to the point where its pure naivety to just go along with whatever their marketing and hype bs says...

It's not 'entitlement' to expect a developer who has been paid for their work (they havent given this out FREE to us you know...), to treat a demographic it doesnt like very much, less than the ones it does... thats the kind of shitty attitude that, yes, you do get from the likes of EA and UBI...

I just don't get where this blind devoted aggressive CDPR-CAN-DO-NO-WRONG defending comes from. Just because we're pc gamers doesn't mean we dont deserve the same level of service and quality as console gamers... if that makes me 'naive' for claiming that, then whatever... im not arguing the merits of one platform over the other - im not anti console - im just anti developers and publishers who think that we deserve a poorer level of service because of the platform we chose.

Last edited:
I just dont think we are there yet.

Waiting an extra day is not the same thing as EA, not by a long shot.

is it heading that way? Maybe, but then we still dont actually have any proof that this patch was finished/ready/final and is still delayed JUST to show preference to console players.

it seems more likely to me that they did indeed finish the console versions first, so they could send it off for certification while finishing the PC verison. That didnt work out perfectly as planned, so we wait an extra day. ONE extra day.

Now, IF they dont drop it tomorrow and IF it takes longer than a few days, then you start having a point. At this time, its just entitled whining because you want it NOW and cant wait a measly 24 hours.

I get to play games on friday nights, thats pretty much it. i sat all last week and waited, an so far I have sat here and waited all day today. Fonna start a third run as soon as 1.07 is out and I have managed to DL it, so I am very much eagerly awaiting the patch as well, and kinda annoyed that two weeks in a row I have wasted my gaming time waiting for a patch..... but i am not yet ready to throw CDPR to the dogs and call them EA 2.0 over a 24 hour wait.

please dont think that a one day hold-back on a patch is an indication of their move towards a more pro-business/anti-consumer ideal... just one decision alone isnt that im getting at, its the combination of various things theyve done during the release.

Also, I am sick of people throwing around the word 'entitled'.. you'd have a point if the game was free and they didn't HAVE to fix it, and demanding free benefits for a product or service you got for free WOULD be an entitled attitude... but expecting an imperfect product you've PAID for, to be fixed in a timely manner (indeed when OTHERS have had their game fixed to a better degree than you yourself have had), AND to receive the same level of service and attention that others who paid a similar amount HAVE received, is NOT entitlement. It is a reasonable EXPECTATION since you've given them money for a product and can now expect it to work to a standard worthy of the price you've paid...

if this was the other way around and console gamers were getting the short end and demanding that the game was fixed to the same standard that the PC had received, i would NEVER... EVER... call that demand and 'entitled attitude'... it would be a reasonable expectation, nothing more and nothing less.

the rest of this post isnt directly at you dxmg so dont take this as a personal response to your message...

I also think that people here are missing the point of posts like this... we need to start using our collective voices, because when we DONT, we get stuff like arkham knights pc port. I just want to say straight off that im NOT claiming that witcher 3 was a bad port, or that the game was bad (i loved it) - its just thats where this indifference im seeing on the boards ALWAYS ultimately leads us... developers who take us for granted purely because we put up and shut up with things we SHOULD make issues out of... we explain away their bad behavior and their lies and that just emboldens them to take us more and more for granted and think we're less and less worth the effort.

THANKFULLY the winds are changing, with things like steams new refund policy, people can finally speak up AND vote with their wallet - we're no longer at the mercy of shonky publishers and half-assed developers... we don't have to take it, and so we SHOULD be coming together to TELL developers we're not happy with their behaviour, rather than doing what some gamers here seem to be doing... rolling over, accepting poor treatment and shouting down people who get upset at issues that indicate poor behaviour on the part of developers and publishers...

Last edited:
oh wow, it has only been 24 hours since the last patch? becasue there is absolutely no merit in saying it is only a 24 hour wait if it has been any longer than that. to actually state in the same post that you have been unable to play for two weeks, just how much kool-aid did you drink to forgive the dev for a 24 wait when you know full well that their release schedule has hampered your use of your purchased license for two weeks?

personally, I don't care what is convenient for them. I paid my money to get what I wanted. If I don't get what i want, then I will seek another supplier that can satisfy that want/need. that is not entitlement, that is the very basis of free trade and has driven economic development and marketing efforts for the last three centuries. no one pays money to continually compromise, that is an absolute waste of your money, your time, and the effort you expended to earn that money. if you don't get what you want, then what did you pay for? is there much value in disappointment?

i think the 'older, more indifferent members' seem to have given in and rolled over. CDPR has clearly shown their desire to be just like the big boys, and to that end have started changing their behaviour.

It's interesting that you say that we 'think this is EA'... yeah id go along with that, they most definitely have started to become just like that... or do we still believe the rubbish they told us RE: that wonderful downgrade debacle where they promised the final release would look exactly the same as the first gameplay videos, and it was only AFTER the release (because maximising profits is the primary goal of any company - which is fine, but its certainly a driving force for companies like EA) that they were finally honest... Or when they promised no console preorder exclusivity? Why have you learned nothing from this? Why do you still think rainbows shoot out of CDPR's ass and that they are beyond reproach and do no wrong by the pc community? Where does this rabid blind devotion come from?

CDPR has already made an extensive list of what has ALREADY been FIXED and FINISHED in the patch, they did this a week ago... combined with the fact that cdpr has historically pulled the usual developer/publisher bs the same as EA or UBI or ACTIVISION does of lying through their teeth to calm the masses who get upset at legitimate issues... all i know is cdpr has been dishonest too many times to the pc community for anyone to just blindly accept their word for things any more, to the point where its pure naivety to just go along with whatever their marketing and hype bs says...

It's not 'entitlement' to expect a developer who has been paid for their work (they havent given this out FREE to us you know...), to treat a demographic it doesnt like very much, less than the ones it does... thats the kind of shitty attitude that, yes, you do get from the likes of EA and UBI...

I just don't get where this blind devoted aggressive CDPR-CAN-DO-NO-WRONG defending comes from. Just because we're pc gamers doesn't mean we dont deserve the same level of service and quality as console gamers... if that makes me 'naive' for claiming that, then whatever... im not arguing the merits of one platform over the other - im not anti console - im just anti developers and publishers who think that we deserve a poorer level of service because of the platform we chose.

Have you played Witcher 3 on a high end PC? Have you played Witcher 3 on an Xbox or PS4? The answer is no, because if you had, you would know the PC version is leaps and bounds ahead of the console versions of the game. Has been since release. PC has been shown tons of love and I see no reason why it would stop now suddenly considering we got all the previous patches earlier than consoles. With 90% certainty if you wanna point the finger and blame someone for the PC patch being a day behind the consoles the target should be Microsoft. Windows 10 releases in less than 2 weeks, the slight delay is highly likely tied to making sure Witcher 3 runs smoothly then and still delivering on their promised fixes. I think it's worth waiting, what 5 or 6 more hours from now for, don't you?

---------- Updated at 03:50 AM ----------

oh wow, it has only been 24 hours since the last patch? becasue there is absolutely no merit in saying it is only a 24 hour wait if it has been any longer than that. to actually state in the same post that you have been unable to play for two weeks, just how much kool-aid did you drink to forgive the dev for a 24 wait when you know full well that their release schedule has hampered your use of your purchased license for two weeks?

personally, I don't care what is convenient for them. I paid my money to get what I wanted. If I don't get what i want, then I will seek another supplier that can satisfy that want/need. that is not entitlement, that is the very basis of free trade and has driven economic development and marketing efforts for the last three centuries. no one pays money to continually compromise, that is an absolute waste of your money, your time, and the effort you expended to earn that money. if you don't get what you want, then what did you pay for? is there much value in disappointment?

Reminds me of a person who screams and yells at their lawn mowing service for not mowing their lawn last week even though it had rained and were thunderstorms every single day. Not a single care about those doing the work, they could die for all you care. You want what you want and if it requires the entirety of CDPR working 48 hours straight so you don't feel slighted or mildly inconvenienced, then it must be done. Others be damned!

I find it somehow funny, since they abandoned the DLC stuff for the latest one because of the patch(and i approve!), the changelog is out for like 2 weeks, but no patch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom