CD Projekt RED partners with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to bring The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to North America

+
vivaxardas said:
So, you won't buy a physical copy with DRM even when they will give you a DRM-free GOG copy with your purchase? You would choose to skip TW3 altogether just not to participate in DRM-promotion in any form? That is some serious commitment! Wow! The only things I feel that strong is about not killing babies for fun, and betraying my country. Well, I hope you'll get lucky.
Yep I am very against (DRM) on the physical boxed versions of video games I can't stand (DRM) or digital.

I have Comcast I pay $140 dollars (USD) a month for Comcast and sometimes Comcast doesn't know what they are doing and shut off my internet anywhere from a few seconds, to a few minutes, to a few hours, to a few days, to 1 to 2 weeks. Sure I can get backup copies off of http://www.gog.com/ but I don't always keep backup copies on discs or flash drives or my hard drive and when I do sometimes the files get corrupted or erased and if I have no internet for 1 week, 2 weeks or even 1 month I can't get backup copies off of http://www.gog.com/

Demut said:
Where did he say we would skip it altogether? Maybe he would merely wait until the EE is released. Or, just putting the possibility out there, download an illegal copy.

I am trying to be charitable here, you know. To read this as "you don't do as I want - I'll steal it" isn't really that honorable, as fighting a good honest fight against DRM.

I'm guessing the physical copy will have DRM for a month or so, and then they will remove it. WB aren't the shit heads Namco was. That way, they please WB and their fans. If you don't like day one DRM, they are giving you choice. It's called GOG. And if that isn't good enough for you I don't know what to say, because few other devs are as gracious.

The worlds changing. Not for the better either, have to change with the times at some point or get left behind. I don't like drm like most people but I wouldn't not play W3 just because of that.

slimgrin said:
I'm guessing the physical copy will have DRM for a month or so, and then they will remove it.
A month, huh? Why? What would be the purpose of keeping it that long if the (shitty) excuse for its inclusion is to prevent it from being cracked before the release? What if the DRM causes massive frame rate drops again? Tell people to not play the game for a month? Yeah, that sounds like a GREAT idea.

slimgrin said:
If you don't like day one DRM, they are giving you choice. It's called GOG.
Tell that to people with slow, restricted or no Internet connection.

slimgrin said:
And if that isn't good enough for you I don't know what to say, because few other devs are as gracious.
“Gracious”? This isn’t some charitable act, this is what the fucking standard should be! Every developer who DOESN’T provide DRM-free versions is a shit-head, not the other way around. Doing so is the minimum we should expect from them, not any less.

slimgrin said:
I'm guessing the physical copy will have DRM for a month or so, and then they will remove it. WB aren't the shit heads Namco was. That way, they please WB and their fans. If you don't like day one DRM, they are giving you choice. It's called GOG. And if that isn't good enough for you I don't know what to say, because few other devs are as gracious.
So what if there's http://www.gog.com/ Dragonbird has bad internet in wherever and some other guy said his internet is slow in Idia I am for the consumer and there are people with 0 internet or internet connections in some countries and what if my internet goes out for 1 month because Comcast has no idea what they are doing then what?

Well, I just hope for everyone's sake that there will be no DRM on disks. Otherwise it would be crazy - the distributor pays money to use DRM, which no one will want to break anyway, given GOG copies, and then pays money to produce a patch to remove it couple of weeks or a month later. Who in a sane mind would do this?

vivaxardas said:
Well, I just hope for everyone's sake that there will be no DRM on disks. Otherwise it would be crazy - you pay money to use DRM, which no one will want to break anyway, given GOG copies, and then pay money to produce a patch to remove it couple of weeks or a month later. Who in a sane mind would do this?
Yep patching (DRM) out costs money.

Ballowers100 said:
So what if there's http://www.gog.com/ Dragonbird has bad internet in wherever and some other guy said his internet is slow in Idia I am for the consumer and there are people with 0 internet or internet connections in some countries and what if my internet goes out for 1 month because Comcast has no idea what they are doing then what?

Look lets say TW3 will have drm
But CDPR will surely put the most basic drm with no internet requirments

Then it would not be DRM. CD-Keys for instance are not DRM.

Ballowers100 said:
Yep patching (DRM) out costs money.
Having DRM included in the first place does, too. Also, these criticisms aren’t merely hypothetical. I, for example, live in a dorm where we can only download 30GB per month. Depending on how big The Witcher 3 will be I might not be able to use my Internet connection for several weeks if I wanted to download it.

vivaxardas said:
Well, I just hope for everyone's sake that there will be no DRM on disks. Otherwise it would be crazy - the distributor pays money to use DRM, which no one will want to break anyway, given GOG copies, and then pays money to produce a patch to remove it couple of weeks or a month later. Who in a sane mind would do this?

I dont know if you know this but you will be suprised if you dont.
The witcher 2 was cracked on release and pirates were asking for crack and didnt really care about gog drm free version
Pirates chose to download versions that needed crack instead of downloading gog version,CDPR once mentioned it
What a strange world...

alextyc1 said:
Look lets say TW3 will have drm
But CDPR will surely put the most basic drm with no internet requirments
I am against any (DRM) internet requirement (DRM) and 1 PC activation limit or 5 PC activation limit.

I will fight (DRM) if I lose the fight I will never buy the video game from that video game development company and video game publishing company ever again.

Huh? That sounds like going a bit too far. Why not start supporting them again once they change their ways?

Demut said:
Huh? That sounds like going a bit too far. Why not start supporting them again once they change their ways?
I will support them if they have no (DRM) on the physical boxed version I love collecting the physical boxed video games to put on my shelf. I never said I won't support them if they change their ways. But I will not support if they have (DRM) if the physical boxed version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has (DRM) on release day I will not buy it if The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Enhanced Edition comes out a year later then I will buy it if that has no (DRM) on it.

When you said you would never buy from them again that did kinda sound like you wouldn’t support them even if they changed ... :p

Ballowers100 said:

You wait for them to release a GOG backup copy or untill they remove the DRM, which for TW2 wasn't that long. It's not perfect, but they aren't going tell WB and their millions of $ for promotion to take a hike. This is the best solution given the sad state of the industry. Big publishers will always demand their investment be 'protected' by DRM. CDPR has proven numerous times in the past that they do what they can to bypass the bullshit.

alextyc1 said:
Wait you buy only games without DRM?
So you buy games only from gog?
GOG isn’t the only way to get DRM-free games so I imagine he might buy them elsewhere, too.

alextyc1 said:
ut they aren't going tell WB and their millions of $ for promotion to take a hike.

They should go with another publishers then and tell them “You don’t want TW3’s profits on our terms? Then go fuck yourselves”. Well, maybe not that drastically but you get the idea :p

Jeez guys how about we wait to hear something about DRM before going abandoning ship or going down with it . CDPR only has announced who the NA publisher will be and nothing else . Also this is not about piracy so let`s not turn it into one .

Top Bottom