Connection Issues: Public Beta

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also want to add another report that the match is stuck at the conclusion of the match (usually when I'm winning), and I have no choice but to forfeit.

a problem has occured with local game client

Given how frequently this bug occurs, it really shouldn't count as a loss, especially on turn 1 of the game

Are the servers messed up right now? 3 games in a row the game ended with a connection error message -just- as round 2 of a game started, immediately after the 'someone won the round' screen. Two times I got a message the problem was with my client, the third time the message was about a problem with my opponent's connection.

My opponent also lost connection just an hour or so ago. It might have been at the beginning of round 2, now that I think of it. Few cards had been played though.

valcat;n8896630 said:
Are the servers messed up right now? 3 games in a row the game ended with a connection error message -just- as round 2 of a game started, immediately after the 'someone won the round' screen. Two times I got a message the problem was with my client, the third time the message was about a problem with my opponent's connection.

The problem went away. It lasted about an hour, games disconnecting exactly between round 1 and 2. I guess the servers were spazzing or something and now they're better.

At this point at least a dozen of my ranked losses have been due to connection issues since the start of OB. Happened again just maybe an hour ago after some time of peace. So it does not seem related to my side at all. That is supported further by the fact that other stuff is running in the background without problems.

Also, for the conspiracy theory side: As far as I recall, I never had that problem when I was losing or when my defeat was evident. Always seems to happen when I am in a favored position, at least it feels like it.

MadShock1;n8900980 said:
...other stuff is running in the background without problems.

Have you tried to shut down that other stuff (if it's on same device) and see if it works better? Is there any specific thing running on the background that could cause these issues?

Just trying to figure out what could be the cause of these problems. Just last night my opponent lost connection when I was badly behind in points and I won the match because of that, but I can assure you that I didn't do anything to make that happen. It was his/her turn and suddenly the game just ended without any warnings. I was playing with PS4 at that time and I didn't receive daily progress or rewards, but I got exp.

No Title

The game is still crashing ... 2 crashes in 1 hour. I have a good Internet connection. Do something with this! THX

Attachments

• photo151100.jpg
    photo151100.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 38
  • photo151110.jpg
    photo151110.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 53
Loosing Rank..for not playing the GAME..

Why do I loose rank when I can even start the game.
Game starts off well,no one has played a card and I try 2 start and won't let me, bounces me out of the game and I loose rank..I lost 200 points..I was almost at rank 11..lost 6 in a row for no reason. I'm mad,don't like 2 b cheated.
Anyway..love the game,but it sucks when u can even compete,hope u guys fix this bug or whatever this is,not sure I want 2 play in rank,don't want 2 drop any lower in points,really sucks.
Thanks..

Geolycosa;n8942070 said:
Why do I loose rank when I can even start the game.
Game starts off well,no one has played a card and I try 2 start and won't let me, bounces me out of the game and I loose rank..I lost 200 points..I was almost at rank 11..lost 6 in a row for no reason. I'm mad,don't like 2 b cheated.
Anyway..love the game,but it sucks when u can even compete,hope u guys fix this bug or whatever this is,not sure I want 2 play in rank,don't want 2 drop any lower in points,really sucks.
Thanks..

you don't actually loose your rank though, you just loose your point. I get what you're saying, you have to grind back to it and then keep going from there. I think there's a bud currently causing losses. You should head over to their support page and submit a ticket

Geolycosa thread merged

That's a lot of disconnects. That would indicate something is inherently wrong, maybe on your end of the connection. Or it might have just been a temporarily connection fluctuation. Regardless, you could contact support and ask them to look into things.

Game crash

I have a problem with game crash (usually when i got easy way to win round) . It is so often and almost half of games are ending with that. Is it common? I have to ask because nobody even mention them on a sticky thread with "problems we know/work on" . I think it may be a problem with game servers as GOG client gets disconnected after that. It is quite annoying, when GOG client gets disconnected so often so i got crash every 2nd game atm. So just simple questiuon before i even start installing/reinstalling or just quit playing. Does anyone got the same problem?
Thx

fubuki81 thread merged

That's a lot of disconnects. That would indicate something is inherently wrong, maybe on your end of the connection. Or it might have just been a temporarily connection fluctuation. Regardless, you could contact support and ask them to look into things.

DDOS attack bugs?

Hey there CDPR I love your game it is amazing and thank you for all the hard work you guys have put in. Currently Im getting disconnected from almost every single game. This was not the case just a few days ago. If I dont get disconnected the animations take a very very long time. Trying to mull a card in the beginning sometimes takes 10-20 secs. I even used REgis: Gold Vampire one time and it didnt show any bronze units. Thought sure maybe the guy is out of bronze units. Next round starts and mulls a card , his next 3 cards (had 3 cards in hand) were all bronze.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope this could be sorted out soon. Amazing job with the game!!!

Wanted to do my 6 dailies today, got 4 disconnects and a game crash. I switched to a wireless device recently but I have a 5MB/s download and 8MB/s upload, according to an online speed test.
Wins and loses after a game crash seem absolutely random.

Hello. I posted a bug report using the CDPR report tool about this. I thought it was a UI problem, but i guess not. Starting today, the Gwent window freezees in random situations during ranked or unranked games.

In Windows it says that "Gwent is not reponding". This is the normal Windows error that is shown when an application freezes in Windows tries to recover it.

Sometimes Gwent recovers from this and you can continue to play, but because the game continues to run while frozen you lose like 20 seconds for it. Usually you either autodiscard a card
or you get some other penalty for waiting too long.

Other times the game ends and in the results screen I get the same error message as shown above.

Im running on Windows 7.

I have played like 14 games today during different times and lost at least 8 of them because of this. My network connection works fine.

EDIT:
Ok, so I have had none of these freezes today. The only thing different in my side is that I uninstalled my anti-virus program. It was called Panda Antivirus and it was the free version. I didn't quite understand why the antivirus would affect the Gwent client, but that did help. Ill try another anti-virus software soon.

Last edited:
I understand this is open beta, but in the last 2 days it is unacceptable.
my pc is well over min specs, today and yesterday I lost 10 games and about 500 rank point while other games apps work flawless.
i have 60mb optical connection...
this is the most frustrating gaming experience in a long while.

we need a reconnect feature asap

i contacted support but after putting money into game, this is very very frustrating. hope you will solve this soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom