Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just here dreaming of the future again, watching The Laughing Man special GitS edition. I would love to play as a master hacker netrunner who can make himself disappear in cyberoptics without the use of invisibility. Abilities to hack cyberbrains, android sex dolls to choke politicians to death, etc. etc. I imagine mastering the Netrunner class would make you some sort of a GOD in the future.

What am I saying, they probably already thought of all this.

****On an another note, the blog hasn't been updated in ages even though I check periodically.

Just here dreaming of the future again, watching The Laughing Man special GitS edition. I would love to play as a master hacker netrunner who can make himself disappear in cyberoptics without the use of invisibility. Abilities to hack cyberbrains, android sex dolls to choke politicians to death, etc. etc. I imagine mastering the Netrunner class would make you some sort of a GOD in the future.

What am I saying, they probably already thought of all this.

****On an another note, the blog hasn't been updated in ages even though I check periodically.

Well, to hack technological devices, they will have to be connected to the net. Realistically, if cybernetics could be hacked, they would be disconnected sharpish. Now, hacking someones neural processor sounds more likely. Perhaps spamming them with junk mail could confuse their cyber-optics...

I don't know if this has been proposed, and I'm not sure how this very problem has been adressed in the latest videogames (the very latest I mean) but it's really frustrating that you can't pause in a cutscene when you can't pay attention to it and get back to it later. You either have to quit the game to reload the nearest previous save or make your best to get what's happening on it when someone has an urgent need of you or something.

So, yeah, I read a lot everywhere about "skip the bullshit buttons" but I also want to be able to pause mid-cutscene, not have the usual pause button turn into the skip the bullshit one.

The best possible possible game with a cyberpunk setting?

Definitely huge cityscapes...maybe one big, open-ended world like an Elder Scrolls game.

Lots of customization in terms of cybernetic enhancements/prosthetics/skills/weapons and gear and even appearance would be nice(male/female and facial/physical features, rather than just future geralt every playthrough).

Transhumanist stigma and corporate wars like any good cyberpunk setting should have. Maybe have a group of eugenics trying to compete with the cybernetics with total naturals harassing everyone everywhere.

Multitudes of factions and side-quests to play around with like cops/government, gangs, special forces, PMCs, various corporations to join each with certain benefits.

Choices that mean something to that playthrough, maybe choices that'll come back to haunt you in the future(wish I'd have killed/saved that guy when i had the chance! that type of thing).

Many different ways to approach any given mission/quest(sneaking vs run-and-gun, lethal vs non-lethal, hacking computers vs smashing doors open, etc..).

Basically, as much customization as you can put into it will make people go nuts for the game. Appearance, mission strategies, equipment, skills and everything in-between...the more choices and customization available, the better.

There aren't many cyberpunk themed games so people definitely want something they can sink their teeth into and play over and over again while still keeping a somewhat fresh feel each time.

I guess I am just dubious of CP2077 turning into GitS 2077 with regards to hacking peoples cyberware. I don't want netrunners to become the FOTM weapon in a firefight. They have a role and a skill set. I welcome them on the frontline, but giving them too many powerful options will just destroy the diversity of the game, (for the same reasons many people try to tone down 'Combat Sense' for solo's.)

Classes should obviously have different stats I guess. A Netrunner should be good at hacking, but has to be weaker than for example a Cop. Solos should be agile, and good at using different types of weapons.

What I mean is: Every class should have certain limits. You should never be able to aquire all skills or armory or weaponry with every class. There gotta be some skills that one can achieve and someone just cannot NOT, because of his class.

Or perhaps a unique skill tree for every class.

Hey, it's his Dream RPG thing. He can state whatever. And we can just dream HARDER about actual CP2020 stuff in return.

Dream. HARDER.

I want see finally in RPG like CP2077 the picture of teens life and their status.

For example : Quest investigate drugs (i forgot name of drug receiving feelings from others) on graduation afterparty with little veangeance from one of the students and something like that.

Party.Many young peoples.May problems.Drugs.Sex.Frailty.(future for NC :D because childrens is our future).Their troubles etc...

I hope someone understand what iˇm trying to say. My english is bad.So bad. =0)

I think in this kind of genre like CP2077 .... Some quest with atmosphere around childrens and teens a their status on NC and their future.It reveals the next good thing in this big puzzle (Game).

For atmosphere and completely view on this game.Of course with many many other things =0)

The Dream RPG:

Fully Customize: Boots/Clothes/Pants/Gloves/Hat/Hair/Eyes/ ETC/ Nobody want to be similar to other player, everybody want to be unique.
Good socializing places, like Cyberpunk bars,clubs.
No level cap, make another kind of achievement,as medallions showing that you play a long time, or kill counter.

I have lots of first/3rd person shooter games and I have finished maybe 10% of them. I need a game that more that just shooting stuff. I need mini games for hacking, lock picking, driving, gambling, seducing and most all... CRAFTING. Imagine the feeling of accomplishment after you not only buy/find the parts the a new gun but actually modify, assemble and personalize the parts into a gun that you decide how it looks.
I would like to see a long main quest with several different branches for replay-ability. Lots of side quests that are incorporated in a real-world way. There is nothing worse that the typical "You look like you can handle yourself, can you recover my stolen family heirloom?" People don't do that.
I would like to see a lot of random events happen with or without the player and that these events have consequences.
I would like to see a psychosis mechanic where your attribute (health/endurance/constitution w/e), the amount and quality of cyber-ware augments, the quality of the install, the amount of body matter removed/replaced and the frequency the augment is used/active are all factors. The increase in chance of going crazy should not be known to the player, these numbers should be behind the scenes to keep the player guessing, no more that a vague 'This implant replaces A LOT of your muscle mass...'
I would like to be able to steal vehicles and have the owners fight back and/or call the authorities.
I would like to see several options for romance and have them be used in-game in the form of kidnaps and other side quests and as cooperative combat/technical support.
In a large open world you should have lots of options for purchasing homes/bases according to your wealth and reputation. These should also be used for side quests/intrigue. Also it would be exciting to hastily barricade a makeshift hideout in an emergency.
Lots and lots and lots of weapons, clothes and character customization. (Of course)
I would like to NOT see weapons that are item level rated. A gun doesn't do more damage because it is a higher "level" but because of better manufacture, caliber etc.
I would like to NOT a typical leveling system. I hate being level 80 with 25k health and fighting creatures that do 8k damage just to be competitive. Your "hit points" should stay the same unless you increase your constitution or w/e. Armor and cybernetics increase that areas damage reduction.
Sorry, I could be here all day...

Please read this, for me.

I have too many ideas. But the most thing what I want is this: I want the best soundtrack and songs in this game ever. I can't write more ideas, because I don't speak english very well. I live in Czech Republic and I'm learning english. But I know that you do the best and my favorite game in the world, because we believe in you. It's up to you. Bye :) Please read this. It means a lot to me. :) And sorry about my english please.

I have too many ideas. But the most thing what I want is this: I want the best soundtrack and songs in this game ever. I can't write more ideas, because I don't speak english very well. I live in Czech Republic and I'm learning english. But I know that you do the best and my favorite game in the world, because we believe in you. It's up to you. Bye :) Please read this. It means a lot to me. :) And sorry about my english please.

What is actually valuable is your ideas. Great ideas are always great, no matter in which language they are written. So share them! =P

Languages are tools to communicate what we want to say. And, so far, you've done it perfectly ;)

Just pre-ordered the PS4, hope we get special treatment over here instead of that other box.

With that said, I can't wait for the Witcher 3.

Hi there, thanks for the entertainment. :)

What I want in this game

1. Camera angles and movements.

Obviously I want primarily a 1st person shooter multi player RPG set in the cyberpunk verse but as for the gameplay, Exactly like the latest Dues ex game but with a toggle on the 1st/3rd person views plus,PLUS add camera points so that the player can toggle to so that they can watch their character in the environment. This would allow the player to just soak up the environment and fully appreciate the world.

I will post 2 when my cowoeker racks off from my area.

2. Multiplayer and the combat fix

Not only should this be a fully emersive co op multiplayer RPG but also be able to handle fast paced online death matches so that the player can take their characters to and fully get his or her combat fix.

I would like the online competitive modes to have gameplay like that of the battlefield /black ops series with which the players could battle it out on foot and in vehicles. This would fully give players their combat fix and not suffer the low replay value as Dues ex had due to the absence of multiplayer.

So to sum it all up, a separate game mode that focuses on extreme fast paced multiplayer combat. This will add a tremendous amount of gameplay and give us our combat fix, something I fear this game will ship without.

"Dethfuk"? Amazing name, sir. I just want Dragon and Gregski to type it in a lot. Because it will make me smile when they do.

I would like the online competitive modes to have gameplay like that of the battlefield /black ops series with which the players could battle it out on foot and in vehicles. This would fully give players their combat fix and not suffer the low replay value as Dues ex had due to the absence of multiplayer.

So to sum it all up, a separate game mode that focuses on extreme fast paced multiplayer combat. This will add a tremendous amount of gameplay and give us our combat fix, something I fear this game will ship without.

I was with you, right up to this part. It's an RPG, not an FPS or an MMO.Your focusing on combat and combat alone for this element. As you said, COD, Battlefield and Planetside handle the pure combat gaming. That is what they are about. What about the players who are not really into combat that much? Netrunners, Techies, Corporates... It's not team fortress, it's cyberpunk. A competative multiplayer mode would need to let all the roles shine, not just Solo's. Focusing on combat would not do that.

Borderlands does not lose anything for it's lack of 'competative' multiplayer combat. Neither did Diablo III, (it just sucked because Blizzard ballsed up...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom