Drowners....grrrr!

+
I also have more trouble with drowners than any other foe, at any level, while progressing through the game. I play on Blood and Broken Bones. I thought I just sucked at killing drowners. IMHO, drowners are definitely OP in TW3.

Igni tends to make them stop in place and you can attack them while they burn and scream. Move around/doge/roll and repeat. That's the technique I usually use. Still, drowners are a real pain.

well in my case i usually use igni to take some time to deal with just one or dodge and attack and dogde again

The initial few levels were a bit tricky, but once I got the Griffin school ability and had medium gear, my stamina recharge was fast enough to use Igni repeatedly and keep the drowners stun locked while throwing a few hits in between.

Once you get your sign intensity a little higher, you can just Aard and one hit KO them. You stamina recharge will be so fast that when you are done killing one, you can cast another aard and repeat.

Counter attack works on nekkers.
It's why I love fighting them. You can mix up your defensive options a little more. :yes:

And I think you can parry enemies that you normally can't, if you overlevel them. I still haven't fully figured out the parry rules.

Yeah... I think if you use Aard while they're leaping it's a 100% chance to knockdown. Haven't tested this though, it's just a theory. It works against other enemies.
Very interesting. What I noticed os that Aard might not affect enemies at all while they're leaping back. Also haven't really tested it.

Avoid them wherever possible. You can take care of the buggers when you're a higher level with better gear, and it's not like monster kills give you decent xp. If you cannot avoid them for whatever reason, try to separate the group and then knock them on their butts with aard for a one hit kill.

Top Bottom